My daughter and her intended

Talk about anything under the sun! Just remember to be respectful of others.

Re: My daughter and her intended

Postby Marslet » Fri Dec 12, 2008 9:32 am

Cedar,
The advantage of the vest is that it lets the strain or pull spread evenly over her chest and sholders and not on her neck. They can hurt themselves pulling on a collar. Their bones in their neck are fragile and can actually cause injury to themselves if they get too "fractious".
And Lordie, if there is anything Emma is, it is fractious :lol:
She weighs a big whopping 4#8oz. and is 5 months old. So sweet, likes to cuddle under mama's throw in the chair. Still likes to get up on my sholder and put her warm little belly tucked under my chin and her head on my sholder, and my heart just melts.
We graduated puppy education classes and are signed up for intermediate classes. I didn't want an unruly chi, or an anti-social one that would bite everything, so we went to class for 8 weeks. Mastered everything, but still working on the loose leash thing, now you know the reason she wears a puppia vest. :lol: That 4# 8 oz can pull me down the sidewalk. :lol:

Marslet

Marslet

Postby sunshinecruiserTN » Fri Dec 12, 2008 11:15 am

Gee, I just thought they had stopped by the campfire before the pix. :lol: Love the vest, I'll have to investigate those for Sedona. I believe the first I had seen of those, Margie had one on Anne at our TN gtg. Cute little furbaby.
Live, Laugh, Love
TN/FL
sunshinecruiserTN

Postby AlmostThere » Fri Dec 12, 2008 3:50 pm

congrats and blessings to the happy couple!!
That Emma is still such a sweetpie!
AlmostThere

Postby Cedar518 » Fri Dec 12, 2008 4:07 pm

That info about the vest makes sense. If I had a little sweetie like Emma I'd surely do that too! Even Middy agrees she's a cutie! :D
Cedar518

Postby MsBHaven » Sat Dec 13, 2008 7:44 pm

Nice looking, happy couple.

Emma looks great in her vest. I recently bought one for Annie. Those Puppia vests are very nice, but expensive. However, they are a "must have" for these tiny Chihuahua's - collars just aren't good for their tiny necks. Puppia vests are more expensive than others, but I think they are probably better made - - when Annie took a leap at a squirrel she was able to pull the metal hook off the vest I bought at Wal-Mart. I think the Puppia one will be safer for her. Oops, sorry, didn't mean to turn this post into a "Pet" one.
2013 Thor Chateau Citation Sprinter - 24' 10" - 2 slides

Ms"B"Haven (Margie)

3 Chihuahuas (Buddy, Annie, Maggie)
MsBHaven

Postby Marslet » Sun Dec 14, 2008 12:39 am

No problem Margie,
I am sure most of us here are animal lovers and want our fur babies to be safe and if we can send some info out there to help others, more power to us.

Marslet

Marslet

Previous

Return to General Talk