Snow in Baton Rouge, LA

Talk about anything under the sun! Just remember to be respectful of others.

Re: Snow in Baton Rouge, LA

Postby Gentleladybear » Sat Dec 13, 2008 5:06 am

That is beautiful. That is a lot of snow. Even here in the area where I am at here in the Florida we will sometimes have snow flurries. Usually doesn't stick to the ground, but it snows. Only one time do I remember enough snow here to stick and accumulate. Everyone was rushing around gathering up enough to make a snowball and have a snowball fight. It was so funny to see that happening in FLorida. So never say NEVER, because it will surely happen.
Nan
Gentleladybear

Re: Snow in Baton Rouge, LA

Postby soisew » Sat Dec 13, 2008 6:56 pm

We had balmy temps today, all our snow turned to a lake in the barnyard. But that big bad arctic storm is headed our way. We won't be much above zero until mid-next week then it will still be below freezing. Tomorrow we can ice skate on our current barnyard pond!

I do hope everyone who got hit in the southern storms is doing ok. At first everyone is so tickled to have snow then the horror of power outages hits, the car wrecks with the icy roads and the falls...it' so hard to deal with. Even when I lived in the south when we got half an inch of ice on the driveway and roads -- I stayed home!

Shell
soisew

Previous

Return to General Talk