Snow in Baton Rouge, LA

Talk about anything under the sun! Just remember to be respectful of others.

Snow in Baton Rouge, LA

Postby Marslet » Thu Dec 11, 2008 3:17 pm

Hey Girls,
Am sending a pic of my neighborhood this morning around 8. Sure was pretty, but poor Emma hasn't gone to potty all morning because she can't understand where her green grass has gone. :lol:

Marslet

Marslet

Re: Snow in Baton Rouge, LA

Postby carold » Thu Dec 11, 2008 3:19 pm

Who woulda thought, in Louisianna!! Love pictures in B&W and that was beautiful. carold
carold

Postby Barbzeee » Thu Dec 11, 2008 3:45 pm

ooooooh ! and my sister in law tells me it never snows in Louisianna HA ! Sharlotte... Ya did good ! Now think about all the shoveling I use to do in Pa.....Where's Jim ...is he shoveling ?.....Yikes...

Makes a great gift for Christmas....Did ya sing... We've not got a White Christmas.... :)

Loved looking at yours :)

God Bless

Zeee
Barbzeee and Crew

Just go with the flow !

http://barbzeee.blogspot.com/

Barbzeee

Postby avalen » Thu Dec 11, 2008 7:02 pm

Holy Moly, I thought Baton Rouge was too far south to have snow, I'm totally
surprised, learn something new everyday.
Somewhere with Ava and Maggie
avalen

Postby Liz » Thu Dec 11, 2008 7:54 pm

Great pic...brrrr.
Liz
https://wheresliz2018.blogspot.com
"Life in the presence of God...is a life to be enjoyed every moment of every day." A. W. Tozer
Liz

Postby Carolinagal » Thu Dec 11, 2008 8:43 pm

You may have to clear an area for poor little Emma, My Maggie is the same way, no green grass, she can't go. Sure looks pretty, except for sidewalks nothing is disturbed. We are supposed to get some in here during the night, coming from your way, I think. Bet you had a lot of surprised people down there trying to get to work this morning.

Stay safe,

Carol
Carolinagal

Postby Bethers » Thu Dec 11, 2008 8:56 pm

That's what I miss about winter - how beautiful it is. Got a call from my g/f north of Houston - they got the same snow - she wanted to know if I brought it cuz the only other time she drove in as much snow as she did last night was visiting with me in WI and/or IL :) I didn't see the white stuff down here - but sure was cold enough over night for it.

I, too, think that pic is even better in black and white - we don't see enough pics that way anymore (IMHO).
Beth
“Dare to live the life you have dreamed for yourself. Go forward and make your dreams come true.” ~ Ralph Waldo Emerson ~
"He who treasures the small things in life has found the path to true happiness"
Bethers

Postby Marslet » Thu Dec 11, 2008 10:27 pm

I went out and took the outside broom and swept and swept and swept Emma an area in a semicircle so the grass was all exposed. She finally went to the bathroom at 3:15 this afternoon :lol: She took one dainty step into the snow and immediately pulled her paw back out of the snow and took off running. :lol: She wanted nothing to do with that white stuff. Tonight, she did the three point stance and did her business. One leg pulled up high and close to her body.

Marslet

Marslet

Postby Orchid » Fri Dec 12, 2008 1:47 am

You just keep that snow down there, you hear? The only time I want to see snow is for Christmas Day. My first Christmas eve back here in Indiana in 1993 I so wanted to see snow again. It has been over 30 years. I woke up Christmas morning and we'd had about a 4 inch snow. Everything was covered. It seemed like a special welcome home.
Orchid

Postby Nasoosie » Fri Dec 12, 2008 5:18 am

Now that's amazing!

We have about 4-5 inches of new snow here this morning, from that same Northeaster thing that came from the south and moved up the coast. However, we missed the biggest part of it, much to my chagrin.....December is the time when we should be getting LOTS of snow. But with a temperature of 25 deg. F. and this new covering, skiing should be fantastic this weekend on my ski trails!! Get ready to hit the trails, Molly!!
Life is about learning to dance in the rain
Happy travels!
ImageImage
Nasoosie

Postby Cedar518 » Fri Dec 12, 2008 6:16 am

Best part of all of that for Emma is that it will be gone in 24 hours or so. That's more snow than we got four years ago when i wintered in Mobile, AL. fThat year on Christmas night we got just a trace. First time in 10 years there. Looks like you might have gotten an inch or so. Something for all the kids in your area to play in and talk about.
Cedar518

Postby Marslet » Fri Dec 12, 2008 9:21 am

Hi,
Thanks for all your posts. Yes, it came as a surprise to us too. All the weather forecasters had said there was a "slim" chance of wintery weather, but there was no way it was gonna stick and accumulate because of the ground temperature being so high. Well----- at my house according to the ruler i stuck into the snow, it accumulated a whopping 3 1/2 inches. Guess what, it is still there this morning!! Amite got 8". Even New Orleans got over 1" on the ground. Only 6 days in the last 60 years has New Orleans had snow. Last time was a few months before Katrina hit. Hope there isn't gonna be a repeat this coming hurricane season. If she goes under again, I shudder to think of the heart ache. :(

Marslet

Marslet

Postby soisew » Fri Dec 12, 2008 10:35 am

Here's photos after our snow storm.

I know it's tough when the southern states get snow &/or ice as they don't have the snow removal equipment. However you good news is the snow won't be there very long. Ours, is here for the winter!

I hope everyone enjoyed the white stuff.

And here's a photos from our previous storm

This is us parked beside the "Red" coated white barn..

Shell
soisew

Postby Getupngo » Fri Dec 12, 2008 11:20 am

Is everything all shut down by the snow? Sure is beautiful.
Janice traveling solo in a 2008 Four Winds Windsport
Navigator: Annie the miniature poodle
2011 Honda CRV toad

Getupngo

Postby Carolinagal » Fri Dec 12, 2008 11:28 am

Oh Shelly, those pictures look really cold up there !! We have the occasional snow time here, but nothing like that, where its there for several months. I enjoy my times here, I would not enjoy what you get. Stay warm

Carol
Carolinagal

Next

Return to General Talk