Last from Vegas -

Talk about anything under the sun! Just remember to be respectful of others.

Last from Vegas -

Postby asirimarco » Sat Dec 06, 2008 11:35 am

Some more scenes from Vegas - the last I promise. We went down to the Strip during the day a couple of times mainly to see some of the new places since we left 1 1/2 year ago. Planet Hollywood is new - mostly shopping 151 stores and 15 restaurants. Bigger than most malls. Then went into the Bellagio. It is one of the most beautiful hotels I've ever seen. We went in to see their big Christmas decorations but they weren't up yet. The ceiling of the lobby of the Bellagio is huge glass flowers
The floors of the hotel are mostly mosaic
There is a big chocolate fountain in one of the shops
One of the jewelry store windows has over a million $$$ of jewelry in it - whole other world!
The Venetions Grand Canal
New Years dress?
Ice Cream display
Pastries in Venetian
One shop has these wonderful items made out of carved wood - both shoe and pillow are wood
Then over to the main hallo of the Palazzo
The cranberry filled fountain in the Palazzo
Went to a new shopping center right across from the airport. It is a great place but kind of unnerving when a plane passess over at 500 feet. When we left Vegas in March 07 the whole place was a big empty field.
Sunset over the strip from our hotel room.
We're staying in another RV place now since the repairs and will be on the road again tomorrow. So won't be botring you with any more from Vegas. It's funny when we lived here we never went to the Strip or other tourists places. Thats all we did this time.
Kind of fun.
asirimarco

Re: Last from Vegas -

Postby Cedar518 » Sat Dec 06, 2008 12:50 pm

I'd be standing by that chocolate display with a BIG cup! haha..... :D
Cedar518

Postby Bethers » Sat Dec 06, 2008 1:20 pm

I agree about how it's fun to go back to places I've lived - and play the tourist. I see things I didn't do when living there. I love the Bellagio and Venetian - so beautiful inside. The flowers in the Bellagio were absolutely awesome when I was there - felt like I was outside in gardens. Nice to see your pics - and will look forward to your next stop.
Beth
“Dare to live the life you have dreamed for yourself. Go forward and make your dreams come true.” ~ Ralph Waldo Emerson ~
"He who treasures the small things in life has found the path to true happiness"
Bethers

Postby rvgrammy1953 » Sat Dec 06, 2008 3:14 pm

We were suppose to go to Vegas this winter, but the gas prices in Sept. shorten our travels....so thanks for the all photos....maybe now that gas is cheaper we'll get there sometime in the future....hopefully not too far in the future......
ImageImage
Lori, Ernie & Spinner
2012 Open Range Roamer 5er
2008 Toyota Tundra
http://grammyandpapaswildadventure.blogspot.com
rvgrammy1953

Postby Liz » Sat Dec 06, 2008 3:57 pm

Beautiful pictures. It is strange how we seldom visit local tourist attractions when we live so close. If gas prices stay this low, this just might be the year to take that long trip...like to Alaska? Hmmm...
Liz
https://wheresliz2018.blogspot.com
"Life in the presence of God...is a life to be enjoyed every moment of every day." A. W. Tozer
Liz

Postby Bethers » Sat Dec 06, 2008 4:43 pm

Keep thinking that way, Liz!!!!
Beth
“Dare to live the life you have dreamed for yourself. Go forward and make your dreams come true.” ~ Ralph Waldo Emerson ~
"He who treasures the small things in life has found the path to true happiness"
Bethers

Postby Redetotry » Sat Dec 06, 2008 5:45 pm

Love your photo,s thank you so much for taking us along. I would love to see that ceiling and the cranberry fountain.
Redetotry
BJ
Redetotry

Postby soisew » Sat Dec 06, 2008 6:26 pm

Yummy photos, thanks for posting.

We've not been to Vegas since the summer of 2002. I tell ya -- I won't go there in summer ever again. Next time we go will be in the dead of winter!

Lots of lights. Boy it will be a pain when they start replacing those bulbs with LEDs! But imagine the energy it will save!
soisew

Postby Nasoosie » Sun Dec 07, 2008 8:45 am

I've never been to Vegas, and, until seeing your pictures, I didn't think I ever wanted to go there. Now I know I have to go at least once! Thanks so much for showing us things I have heard so much about from RVers who go there and describe the places. To actually see them, and the names in lights and all, is such a treat!
Life is about learning to dance in the rain
Happy travels!
ImageImage
Nasoosie

Return to General Talk