Barbie and Pooker GTG

Let's get together!

Barbie and Pooker GTG

Postby BarbaraRose » Thu Nov 04, 2010 10:55 pm

Went to meet Evie today to check out some stuff she is wanting to get rid of since her move to Hemet. Got there around 11 am. She gave me a tour of her home and showed me the entertainment center she wants to get rid of. It will be perfect for me! Several drawers and shelves that I can use as a dresser, and an open area for a TV and it will fit perfect in a nook in my bedroom. Just have to wait for Sharon to haul it over for me when she gets back from where ever she is off to right now. Also took two small chairs and a lamp.
Met her kitty, Pooker, who is very shy. Tried to take a photo of her but she ran off too quick. Then we went to one of the 4 swimming pools at her complex and swam and talked for an hour or so. It was a beautiful day and a nice warm pool! Went back to her place and she made me lunch and we talked some more. I didn't leave until around 6 pm! She is very nice and interesting to talk with. We might take a couple of days and go to Laughlin, NV in December. Will have to save up some money for that!
I was going to go up to Idllywild today but that didn't happen, so maybe tomorrow, or else I might go to San Juan Capistrano instead. Will decide in the morning...
Barbie, Romeow, and Sophie, missing Lola! (and lots of ferrets running around in my heart!)

"Until one has loved an animal, a part of one's soul remains unawakened"
-Anatole France
BarbaraRose

Re: Barbie and Pooker GTG

Postby VickieP » Thu Nov 04, 2010 11:14 pm

I'm glad yall got to spend time together today, relaxing. BUT WHERE'S THE PICS?? :lol: :lol:
VickieP
2014 Newmar Canyon Star 3911

VickieP

Postby avalen » Thu Nov 04, 2010 11:21 pm

gtg's are so much fun
I remember San Juan Capistrano as a child, it a favorite place. It had lots
and lots of white pigeons and they landed all over me while I tried to feed
them corn from the machines.
Somewhere with Ava and Maggie
avalen

Postby AlmostThere » Fri Nov 05, 2010 12:06 pm

Sounds like you both had a great day together! Glad it happened and also that you can use some of her not needed furniture.
AlmostThere

Postby Travelinana » Fri Nov 05, 2010 12:45 pm

We have a saying in our neck of the woods; 7 moves equals a burnout :shock: Well, I've had a burnout or maybe two :D Barbie, It won't be long until you'll be like the rest of us 'too much stuff' :roll: :lol:
My guy/business partner/handyman and I are talking about going fulltime. He is a little younger than me and says he'll manage my wheelchair when the time comes :( :? We'll see :!: We have some land about an hour up in the hills, where I grew up, kind of remote but not too!! and he wants to build a small cabin for us to come back to . The house and 'stuff' will probably be sold with the 'stuff' going in garage sales after the kids are done. Of course I'll have a storage room for those Sentimental items. The business will go up for sale as well. I have already started my quest for a larger 5th wheel or motorhometo accomodate 2 Adults and 3 children (pooches) It sounds like a lot of hard work but I think I'm up to it :D
Listening to those of you I have followed on your journeys, sorry I don't have names memorized yet, is getting me motivated but another saying is 'Motivation follows Action' :? I have found this to be true of me. I know one thing; I'll have to cut way back on the computer if it's to get done :(
Nancy & Rudy Image
Finding wealth in what you are and not what you have. Living with less is living well indeed.
~Gigi Galluzzo
Travelinana

Return to Get Togethers