Quartzite 2015---Jan 17 thru the 25th

Let's get together!

Re: Quartzite 2015---Jan 17 thru the 25th

Postby Bethers » Wed Jan 14, 2015 11:24 am

I also have a locking pin for the tow bar, but, to be honest, I know I grabbed the non-locking one last time I had it off and never switched it. :o
Beth
“Dare to live the life you have dreamed for yourself. Go forward and make your dreams come true.” ~ Ralph Waldo Emerson ~
"He who treasures the small things in life has found the path to true happiness"
Bethers

Postby Liz » Wed Jan 14, 2015 3:52 pm

I also have locking pins for my tow bar. Also have spare non-locking pins if ever they are needed.
Liz
https://wheresliz2018.blogspot.com
"Life in the presence of God...is a life to be enjoyed every moment of every day." A. W. Tozer
Liz

Postby chalet05 » Wed Jan 14, 2015 7:03 pm

To you gals already at Q - I'm planning to bring the Slingshot out tomorrow morning some time and will be leaving it for two nights. If no one is around, I'll pick a spot :) Kerry did say I could park behind her and I will text her.
Anita
chalet05

Postby monik7 » Wed Jan 14, 2015 8:42 pm

chalet05 wrote:To you gals already at Q - I'm planning to bring the Slingshot out tomorrow morning some time and will be leaving it for two nights. If no one is around, I'll pick a spot :) Kerry did say I could park behind her and I will text her.

Can't wait to get a look at it Anita.
Sandi
Bindi (Maltipoo) and Abby (Shih Tzu/Poodle)

"Without the animals men would die of a great loneliness of the spirit." ~ Chief Seattle
“A dog can change the way you see the world.” ~ Anyone who has a dog
monik7

Postby monik7 » Wed Jan 14, 2015 9:50 pm

FYI to everyone coming to Q. There is s very unhappy "lady" and her husband parked about 25 yds. in front of me. They have apparently laid claim to an area about the size of a football field. They've lined several areas with rocks as "driveways." When PattyK arrived a number of days ago this woman confronted her asking why Patty drove on their "driveway." This morning I went to walk my dogs. I went straight out from my rig and eventually crossed over her "driveway" at least 75 yds. from their site. She barreled out and accosted me asking why I was in her "yard." I don't fold when people are unreasonable and trying to bully me. I told Sheila and Patty she chose the wrong person to confront. So this afternoon I was able to get the name and phone # for the head ranger and explained what this woman was doing to other campers. The most astonishing thing is she and her husband volunteer at the entrance gate of La Posa North. No more than 30 minutes passed before a ranger came to talk to Patty and me. He explained that she was totally out of line and that they would talk to her - and he left driving out on their "driveway" :lol: They were gone all day working the entrance gate and when they returned to their site at 5:00 pm, I purposely went out to walk my dogs and went the same route as this morning and crossed the same section she was mad about this am. Patty was watching from her rig and saw that the woman started to come over but her husband stopped her.

So with that long story, my point is to let others coming to the GTG, you can park wherever you want. The rule is you must be at least 15 feet from another site and you can't block access with wood, rocks, etc. While I know you probably would not want to be that close to someone else, you CAN park ANYWHERE and within the myriad of rocks they've laid out. So I assume they talked to her and the ranger said if she bothers anyone again, we should notify the head ranger. Some people are so grumpy. I feel sorry for her husband. What a way to live your life!!!
Sandi
Last edited by monik7 on Wed Jan 14, 2015 10:23 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Bindi (Maltipoo) and Abby (Shih Tzu/Poodle)

"Without the animals men would die of a great loneliness of the spirit." ~ Chief Seattle
“A dog can change the way you see the world.” ~ Anyone who has a dog
monik7

Postby sharon » Wed Jan 14, 2015 10:23 pm

I'm not in the mood for that kind of nonsense..if she wanted that much real estate they should have gone further down the road away from there. Traditionally there is a crowd there during rv week. Wait until the sees the bus come in, she'll really be unhappy then! LOL!
Only Irish coffee provides in a single glass all four essential food groups: alcohol, caffeine, sugar and fat.

- Alex Levine

<><>
sharon

Postby chalet05 » Wed Jan 14, 2015 10:50 pm

That women is going to meet her match times several of us!!
Anita
chalet05

Postby snowball » Wed Jan 14, 2015 11:26 pm

I can't imagine what she thought but didn't express when the big hauler's were all over everywhere...
If Hank stopped her I'm sure the ranger did speak with them...and hopefully she won't make another scene
This is her last year here or so she says very graciously told me I could have her site and I thought but I don't want it like
my spot :lol: so ofter we choose our state of being and she is so unhappy guess she wants others to share that unhappiness
look forward to seeing you all
sheila
snowball

Postby Bethers » Wed Jan 14, 2015 11:53 pm

A couple years ago there was a guy there for the season protecting "his space". Sharon warned me and I had other places to park. Anita, you parked on the other side of Sharon, but he didn't say anything. I know it's common courtesy to not be on top of others when boondocking, but things get closer during the busy couple weeks now. And they can avoid the crowds by parking further away.

Sandi, I'm glad you didn't let them bully you. And that is what they were doing.
Beth
“Dare to live the life you have dreamed for yourself. Go forward and make your dreams come true.” ~ Ralph Waldo Emerson ~
"He who treasures the small things in life has found the path to true happiness"
Bethers

Postby carolb » Thu Jan 15, 2015 8:20 am

Sandi, our little Sandi???? Petite but powerful :) I'll be over to see y'all today. Anita, when you leave the SS, you should leave the keys, ya know, in case it needs to be moved? And you're helmet too, in case it needs to be moved a long distance ;) lol!!!!
carolb

Postby sharon » Thu Jan 15, 2015 9:41 am

carolb wrote:Sandi, our little Sandi???? Petite but powerful :) I'll be over to see y'all today. ;) lol!!!!

I know, right? She's so quiet and you hardly know she's around! Glad she's on our side!! LOL!
Only Irish coffee provides in a single glass all four essential food groups: alcohol, caffeine, sugar and fat.

- Alex Levine

<><>
sharon

Postby avalen » Thu Jan 15, 2015 9:58 am

Wow, sure glad Sandi straightened out that situation, my personality would
have purposely parked in her "driveway" because of the way she acted. Well,
maybe I wouldn't actually do it, but I want to.
Somewhere with Ava and Maggie
avalen

Postby chalet05 » Thu Jan 15, 2015 10:19 am

I guess I got lucky two years ago because no one was around when I parked and that guy didn't say a word to me. LeRoy came a few days later with no camper and parked on the other side of me with the RZR. Poor neighbor must have felt he was fighting a losing battle. I was so uninitiated then that I didn't know I was parking too close to Sharon.

Sure, Carolb, I'm leaving the keys and helmets! NOT! :)
Anita
chalet05

Postby Wings » Thu Jan 15, 2015 10:26 am

Way to go Sandi! I'm headed to lake havasu first then will be in quartzsite around the 19th or so. now that Sandi has cleared more space around yall I may be able to get a site close to everyone. :D I'm looking forward to seeing every one again and meeting members that I have not had a chance to come across yet!

Claudia with daughter Katrina and the 2 little dogs.
Wings

Postby sharon » Thu Jan 15, 2015 10:35 pm

chalet05 wrote:I guess I got lucky two years ago because no one was around when I parked and that guy didn't say a word to me. LeRoy came a few days later with no camper and parked on the other side of me with the RZR. Poor neighbor must have felt he was fighting a losing battle. I was so uninitiated then that I didn't know I was parking too close to Sharon. :)

Anita, you can cozy up to Hope any time you want, and I didn't feel a bit crowded. I'm getting used to looking out and seeing you... :D

- Alex Levine

<><>
sharon

PreviousNext

Return to Get Togethers