Faux Wood Blinds

Faux Wood Blinds

Postby Shirlv » Tue Jul 28, 2009 3:59 pm

Does anyone know where I could get 1" faux wood blinds. My original day night shades are wearing out and I never liked them anyway. I thought faux wood would make less noise than vinyl. A friend has them in his Class A but they are original and he doesn't know where to buy them.
Shirl
Maryland

She believed she could, so she did..R.S. Grey
Shirlv

Re: Faux Wood Blinds

Postby avalen » Tue Jul 28, 2009 7:13 pm

Shirl, I did a google search with "faux wood blinds" and it came up with tons of links,
so check out some of the links and see what you find.
Somewhere with Ava and Maggie
avalen

Postby retiredhappy » Tue Jul 28, 2009 7:33 pm

I put in cordless cellular blinds and i LOVE them. I ordered them on line custom sized to my rig at www.blindsaver.com. Lots of colors to choose from. I ordered the light blocking ones for the bedroom.
Karen West
Baxter, Sophie, & Bailey

retiredhappy

Postby Shirlv » Wed Jul 29, 2009 9:51 am

Ava, I found 2' blinds but not 1". Did you see 1"?
Shirl
Maryland

Shirlv

Postby Barbzeee » Wed Jul 29, 2009 3:38 pm

Shirl,

I googles 1" Faux Wood Blinds and yes there are several places.. I did copy one.. here ya go..http://www.guaranteedblinds.com/item/61/

Hope that helps ya.. also how are things going with your rig repair ?

God Bless
Zeee

Barbzeee and Crew

Just go with the flow !

http://barbzeee.blogspot.com/

Barbzeee

Postby Shirlv » Wed Jul 29, 2009 7:22 pm

Zee, thanks, you found the blinds. Repairs on the rv are going slow. They said a month so I am thinking the end of August. I don't stop by too often, it is upsetting.
Shirl
Maryland

Shirlv

Postby Nasoosie » Thu Jul 30, 2009 7:50 am

Shirl, it's such a heartbreaking story----what a horrible price for the repair! Makes me realize that I would never be able to do it----would have to give up the RV, or something. That amount of money is about all I have for any 'extra' after I retire.

Here's hoping your rig comes out like brand new and that it's well worth getting it fixed.
Life is about learning to dance in the rain
Happy travels!
ImageImage
Nasoosie

Postby Paulette » Thu Jul 30, 2009 8:09 am

Shirl, I'm sure it is hard to stop by, but it might not be a bad idea to stop in just to make sure they haven't put you on the back burner while the do other stuff...therefore prolonging your agony. Just MHO.
"What lies behind us and what lies before us are tiny matters compared to what lies within us." Ralph Waldo Emerson
Paulette

Postby Shirlv » Thu Jul 30, 2009 10:23 am

Soos, I agonized over taking the money out of my retirement that was hit hard by the economy. I spent 15 years putting every raise into my retirement thinking this is for my rv. I know is not a financially sound move but rving is the reason I get out of bed in morning. I can play it safe, give up rving and rock on my porch. Or I can say "what the hell it won't be the first or last mistake I make". Today I spent $100 on fly fishing gear for my father's fly rod, happy birthday to me. :lol: I have always wanted to rv, also wanted to fly fish in beautiful tree lined creeks. Well I am not getting younger, I can't take it with me and this is someday. I have alway been responisble, played by the rules, didn't make waves, well look at me now. :D It is scary but exciting.

Paulette, you are right and I will keep a watchful eye on my baby.
Shirl
Maryland

Shirlv

Postby OutandAbout » Thu Jul 30, 2009 1:27 pm

Shirl, you are at a turning point, as you have said, you have spent the last 15 years getting to this point making your dream into a reality. Sitting on the porch just doesn't seem like an option for you. It is a big decision but this is your someday. I know it's not my money or my decision, but I look at this as a set back, not something to keep you from obtaining your dream. Just my thoughts. Hope it all works out for you. I would also stay on the dealer's back about the repairs so your RV doesn't get put on their back burner. Linda
OutandAbout

Postby retiredhappy » Thu Jul 30, 2009 4:04 pm

I, too, agree with nagging - always works.
Karen West
Baxter, Sophie, & Bailey

retiredhappy

Postby mitch5252 » Thu Jul 30, 2009 6:02 pm

Shirl, I admire your determination to keep on RVing, even under these circumstances!
Whatta woman!

Just think - in the near future, you can be lying on your wonderfully comfortable RV bed, listening to the river cascade over the rocks, but not to be outdone - the chirping of the night crickets, while looking up at your new, and leak-free roof, thinking "I spent how freakin' much on that roof?????" :)

Hopefully, you'll get 'er back soon and can have a bang-up finish to the Summer-That-Never-Was.

mitch5252

Postby Shirlv » Thu Jul 30, 2009 7:18 pm

Thanks everyone, Your comments helped me not feel so alone in this mess. My kids say so sorry mom. They haven't a clue what it would mean to give up rving.
Shirl
Maryland

Shirlv

Postby Nasoosie » Sat Aug 01, 2009 8:11 am

BIRTHDAY????? DID WE MISS A BIRTHDAY??

You must not have posted your birthday info when you joined, no? Let us know here! We LOVE birthdays and cakes and all!
Life is about learning to dance in the rain
Happy travels!
ImageImage
Nasoosie

Postby Shirlv » Sat Aug 01, 2009 10:17 am

:D no, my bd is the 14th. I buy myself a birthday and Christmas present every year. I always know what I want and it justifys spending a little too much on me. My children think there has to be a big celebration but I would like small and quiet. I tolerate it because they bake my favorite cake, devilsfood with caramel icing. :lol:
Shirl
Maryland

Shirlv

Return to Maintenance/Tech Issues