Replacing Dometic Toilet Seal

Re: Replacing Dometic Toilet Seal

Postby monik7 » Fri Mar 06, 2015 5:12 pm

Just checked, mine is still holding water since putting the silicone grease on yesterday. Hopefully it will continue to hold. Judy, I think you should try the grease before going to all the trouble to take it apart.
Sandi
Bindi (Maltipoo) and Abby (Shih Tzu/Poodle)

"Without the animals men would die of a great loneliness of the spirit." ~ Chief Seattle
“A dog can change the way you see the world.” ~ Anyone who has a dog
monik7

Postby Bethers » Fri Mar 06, 2015 7:27 pm

MelissaD wrote:Need to be careful of Vaseline (petroleum jelly) on rubber as it will breakdown the rubber over time.

Agree, but like the others, it's what I was told to do - and did for 8+ years in my last rig. If I need to start doing it in here, will use the grease. I have white lithium grease I used to use on my slide-out - wonder if that would be okay? Anyone know? I probably won't chance it - guessing it's a petroleum product, too.
Beth
“Dare to live the life you have dreamed for yourself. Go forward and make your dreams come true.” ~ Ralph Waldo Emerson ~
"He who treasures the small things in life has found the path to true happiness"
Bethers

Postby brendac » Fri Mar 06, 2015 7:50 pm

Beth, white lithium is for metal to metal lubrication and silicon is for rubber. If you have any slide out seal lubricant that will do.
“Life is partly what we make it, and partly what it is made by the friends we choose.”
Tennessee Williams
brendac

Postby Bethers » Fri Mar 06, 2015 8:56 pm

brendac wrote:Beth, white lithium is for metal to metal lubrication and silicon is for rubber. If you have any slide out seal lubricant that will do.

Thanks!
Beth
“Dare to live the life you have dreamed for yourself. Go forward and make your dreams come true.” ~ Ralph Waldo Emerson ~
"He who treasures the small things in life has found the path to true happiness"
Bethers

Previous

Return to Maintenance/Tech Issues