Radio lights up but won't work

Radio lights up but won't work

Postby TxJohnnie » Tue Jan 06, 2015 6:44 pm

Just last night radio quit, it's a snap in/snap out, knob lights up but push it to turn on, nothing. I took it off and reinserted several times. I use it to charge phone and blue tooth, any ideas? I snot think power issue since it does light up like it's just turned off. MOSFET dual Bluetooth.
Life's too mysterious..don't take it serious.

Johnnie
TxJohnnie

Re: Radio lights up but won't work

Postby MelissaD » Tue Jan 06, 2015 7:00 pm

The contacts maybe dirty, bent of misaligned. If you can see the contacts a old fashion pencil eraser used gently would often help clean up the "male" end. There maybe a trouble shooting guide if you have the manual or can look up the manual online.
MelissaD

Re: Radio lights up but won't work

Postby Bethers » Wed Jan 07, 2015 1:25 am

I'd also check all your fuses. The light could be separate from the one working it.
Beth
“Dare to live the life you have dreamed for yourself. Go forward and make your dreams come true.” ~ Ralph Waldo Emerson ~
"He who treasures the small things in life has found the path to true happiness"
Bethers

I fixed the radio!! Yea!

Postby TxJohnnie » Fri Jan 09, 2015 11:39 pm

I noticed writing on face plate underneath radio, a little hole said reset,,I stuck a pen in it and wha lah, it works, all the channels changed, but I got my radio/GPs/phone charger/blue tooth back. Happy, happy, happy
Life's too mysterious..don't take it serious.

Johnnie
TxJohnnie

Return to Maintenance/Tech Issues