You've just been-

Tell about and post pictures of your rigs and changes you make to them.

Re: You've just been-

Postby Sandersmr » Sat Nov 10, 2012 6:11 pm

Just know that almost everyone else does it the exact opposite on the hoses so you will get lots of comments regarding that.
Maggie, Oscar and Jasmine (and sometimes Mark)
2002 F-150 Supercrew
2010 Sportsmen Classic 16BH
Sandersmr

Postby MrsHomeSweetRoam » Sat Nov 10, 2012 8:42 pm

Sandersmr wrote:Just know that almost everyone else does it the exact opposite on the hoses so you will get lots of comments regarding that.

:lol: I'll let my husband know.
Gena, traveling with her husband Russell and their "velcro dogs" Mike and Hazen.
Follow along as they grow and learn and live out their dream; http://www.HomeSweetRoam.com
MrsHomeSweetRoam

Postby VickieP » Sat Nov 10, 2012 8:57 pm

The white hoses are supposed to be lead free, from what I just found by a Google search.
VickieP
2014 Newmar Canyon Star 3911

VickieP

Postby linann » Sat Nov 10, 2012 10:56 pm

Great rig. Thanks for sharing the beautiful pictures. Checked my camping book -- white hoses for the fresh/intake water.
Linann
Live boldly one day at a time
linann

Postby MrsHomeSweetRoam » Sat Nov 10, 2012 11:05 pm

It's a wonder how we all survived drinking out of hoses as children. He says he'll switch them out. :lol: I still want to find different type- easier to handle / store... will be on the look out.
Gena, traveling with her husband Russell and their "velcro dogs" Mike and Hazen.
Follow along as they grow and learn and live out their dream; http://www.HomeSweetRoam.com
MrsHomeSweetRoam

Postby Paulette » Sun Nov 11, 2012 8:38 am

Camping world sells one called a " never kink" hose. A little more money than a regular hose,but well with it! Easier to coil up and put away, no kinks to restrict water flow!
Paulette

Postby Sandersmr » Sun Nov 11, 2012 10:04 am

And when I was at Camping World yesterday, I saw that they have one that's flat when empty - don't know how well that one works. One trick I learned from the forums, when coiling up the hose for storage, hook the two ends together. That will keep stuff from getting down in the hose, dirt and other stuff.
2002 F-150 Supercrew
Sandersmr

Postby MrsHomeSweetRoam » Sun Nov 11, 2012 11:42 am

Paulette wrote:Camping world sells one called a " never kink" hose. A little more money than a regular hose,but well with it! Easier to coil up and put away, no kinks to restrict water flow!

Something like that sounds nice.
MrsHomeSweetRoam

Postby MrsHomeSweetRoam » Sun Nov 11, 2012 11:45 am

Sandersmr wrote:And when I was at Camping World yesterday, I saw that they have one that's flat when empty - don't know how well that one works. One trick I learned from the forums, when coiling up the hose for storage, hook the two ends together. That will keep stuff from getting down in the hose, dirt and other stuff.

He's been doing that, the connecting ends. We also need to find something to put all that stuff in, a bin or something- I just like things orderly and easy and compact. :P
MrsHomeSweetRoam

Postby Sandersmr » Sun Nov 11, 2012 1:10 pm

MrsHomeSweetRoam wrote:
Sandersmr wrote:And when I was at Camping World yesterday, I saw that they have one that's flat when empty - don't know how well that one works. One trick I learned from the forums, when coiling up the hose for storage, hook the two ends together. That will keep stuff from getting down in the hose, dirt and other stuff.

He's been doing that, the connecting ends. We also need to find something to put all that stuff in, a bin or something- I just like things orderly and easy and compact. :P

I have plastic bins from Wal-Mart that work well with things like that. I have one that holds my coiled up white hose, filter, pressure reducer, wyes, and other fittings - just for water supply. I have another plastic bin with a lid to hold the stinky slinky, but now that I have flipped my trailer, I may look for under-trailer storage for that. I only have one outside basement locker, so I really have to have everything with a place for it. I really need one more bin to hold the chocks - they just get tossed into the bin when I pull them from the wheels.

I also use a lot of plastic bins inside for storage - to keep things tidy and to make it easier to find stuff. My storage isn't the most convenient so ways to keep stuff together as I have to pull it out to get to other stuff is the way to go.
2002 F-150 Supercrew
Sandersmr

Postby MrsHomeSweetRoam » Sun Nov 11, 2012 1:56 pm

Sandersmr wrote:
MrsHomeSweetRoam wrote:

I have plastic bins from Wal-Mart that work well with things like that. I have one that holds my coiled up white hose, filter, pressure reducer, wyes, and other fittings - just for water supply. I have another plastic bin with a lid to hold the stinky slinky, but now that I have flipped my trailer, I may look for under-trailer storage for that. I only have one outside basement locker, so I really have to have everything with a place for it. I really need one more bin to hold the chocks - they just get tossed into the bin when I pull them from the wheels.

I also use a lot of plastic bins inside for storage - to keep things tidy and to make it easier to find stuff. My storage isn't the most convenient so ways to keep stuff together as I have to pull it out to get to other stuff is the way to go.

What do you mean by "flipping my [your] trailer"?

One issue we have is that the openings on that side to the storage bays are SO narrow, most everything we have already from the house won't fit on that side- and that's the side we want/need to keep such items.
I miss my rig, I have more to load into it after yesterday's work... and upon showing it off to friends on Friday night, I realized I skipped an entire cupboard near the kitchen- so I get to rethink my kitchen stuffs again- yay! I like to my stuff to be placed intuitively so that movement and activities flow. ...I think too much. :lol:

Next time we're parked outside Wal-Mart --hopefully one of the super duper ones, as I like to call them-- I'll spend more time looking at storage / organization options. Love that stuff.
MrsHomeSweetRoam

Postby Sandersmr » Sun Nov 11, 2012 3:27 pm

I flipped my trailer axle so that the springs are resting on top of the axle instead of the other way around. It gave me several more inches of ground clearance. My tank valves were literally inches above the ground and I always worried about scraping, even in my own driveway.
2002 F-150 Supercrew
Sandersmr

Postby Travelinana » Sun Nov 11, 2012 3:42 pm

Great pics...now next time have hubby take a few so we get to see you in action...I read your website and I can assure you, you are experiencing what all of us are now, have already or will at some point. We are living in a 'document everything' world. They (any company or business) would love to make it our doing if something isn't working or built right. We must stand our ground, take pictures, get witnesses, you name it...approach like we're going to court. I will tell on myself re an issue with Dish. My rig is new and when I got it home the satellite/cable connection didn't work...When I had a good list on other issues I carried it to the dealer...got home with most things fixed, hooked up the cable/satellite and it said 'no signal'..my son felt the connection was working but we couldn't get any programming, just 'no signal'...I was unsure about what to do but since it was late I decided I would go ahead and call Dish and then call the dealer the next day. When I got a tech, we went through all the steps and still nothing. He then sent me to advanced help..we checked out some things,including me going out to see if the 'dish' had moved. I said it certainly looked the same and we hadn't had any wind that day. He asked me if the receiver had been moved. I made a quick decision not to tell him it had been, don't ask me why other than just being afraid of them passing the buck and charging me for the call. I could tell he questioned me and I was sure he didn't believe me when he said it was trying to pull in a Florida signal..I'm sure he has this happen and he said he knew now what to do. I followed his instructions and got my signal back. My son actually scolded his mom for lying to the man. I said 'Tony, nowadays everyone wants to pass the buck' and I was determined they weren't going to. Moral of the story, 'don't think you can get away with anything with Dish...they must know when we go to the bathroom'...LOL
Hang in there, you will get the bugs out and then it will be only an occasional hick-up...
We're enjoying your excitement...soon the son will be adjusting nicely, your apt will be empty and your biggest problem will be deciding where to head off to in this big ol country...
Nancy & Rudy Image
Finding wealth in what you are and not what you have. Living with less is living well indeed.
~Gigi Galluzzo
Travelinana

Postby MrsHomeSweetRoam » Sun Nov 11, 2012 4:07 pm

Sandersmr wrote:I flipped my trailer axle so that the springs are resting on top of the axle instead of the other way around. It gave me several more inches of ground clearance. My tank valves were literally inches above the ground and I always worried about scraping, even in my own driveway.

Wow, I know nothing of such things... I have much to learn. :oops:
MrsHomeSweetRoam

Postby MrsHomeSweetRoam » Sun Nov 11, 2012 4:32 pm

Travelinana wrote:Great pics...now next time have hubby take a few so we get to see you in action...

:lol: You sound like my mother in law...she refused to Skype him the other day until I got in viewing range. And she's always asking for photos of me- since I like to be on the other side of the lens. :oops:

Travelinana wrote:I read your website and I can assure you, you are experiencing what all of us are now, have already or will at some point.

I don't know whether to be comforted or dismayed. But we were prepared for some of it- I used to work for an auto group. But some of the other things- I guess we thought we'd get a different level of service (higher expectations) when spending this type of money and knowing that this will be our HOME. (silly us)

Travelinana wrote:We are living in a 'document everything' world. They (any company or business) would love to make it our doing if something isn't working or built right. We must stand our ground, take pictures, get witnesses, you name it...approach like we're going to court.

Agreed. Which is why I read and reread the documents (rusty but do have some experience in the dealership/contract area) and questioned and requestioned things. They were not happy when I showed up for the walk through with a notebook, pen and -mostly- the video camera. Then later it was my digital camera and extensive notes. And when ever I held my phone I noticed glances at it to see what my intention was with it. I do not like the feeling I get when they are not comfortable with being documented- that implies you are giving misinformation... thus you're immediately not trustworthy. :evil: :( ;)

Travelinana wrote:GI will tell on myself re an issue with Dish.

My husband is very good at handling things like that. I used to be, so I know I can if need be- but for now, I let him do it...less stress. :) Agreed with how you handled that, I won't tell anyone. :lol:

Travelinana wrote:
Hang in there, you will get the bugs out and then it will be only an occasional hick-up...

Thanks, we are. We've been through a lot together so this stuff is in perspective for us. I used to be very active in RV related forums for awhile, a few years ago, but then I stopped because it got depressing that we were not at the point...and now I feel as if I have forgotten much- so, I can't wait to get back into the swing of reading and learning from others...and actually being able to put it all to practice-which is always the best way I seem to learn.

Travelinana wrote:
We're enjoying your excitement...soon the son will be adjusting nicely, your apt will be empty and your biggest problem will be deciding where to head off to in this big ol country...

Thanks. :oops: I was worried I was making a spectacle of myself with my excitement! Reel it in, Gena, reel it in! :lol: It's very exciting, though, to actually converse with others that know, live and actually get it. We, mostly, have supportive friends/family around us...but it comes along with comments on how they could never because x, y and z...so you can imagine the conversations they have about us. That's okay! We're living our dream and the nay sayers are just jealous that we built our lives to get us to our dream. :ugeek:

Cannot wait to see how tomorrow plays out with my son and his first job seeking experiences... it'll be good for him, whether he agrees/sees that now. :roll: :lol: ;)

I'd just like to say, again, that I just love this forum- the activity and the knowledge and flow of conversation/communication is very good. What an asset this community is. Thank you all.
MrsHomeSweetRoam

PreviousNext

Return to Show off your Rigs