Getting a furbaby soon!

Talk about anything under the sun! Just remember to be respectful of others.

Getting a furbaby soon!

Postby Marslet » Fri Jul 18, 2008 7:41 am

Hi guys,
I know some of you know that I lost my darling poodle last November at the age of 16. Broke all of our hearts. Haven't looked for a dog, haven't wanted one, still grieving for her. Well-- about 4 weeks ago, I had a dream about her in which she led me to a little puppy. I think that was her way of saying, Mom, it's time for you to let go and go on. Up until that dream, both my husband and I (know you are gonna think I am crazy) still felt her here with us. I would wake up in the night and hear the sounds she would make digging to get a comfortable spot, I would smell her. After the dream, my husband said to me, you know I don't feel Sugarlump anymore. We think she stayed around to help me through the grieving process and finally went on to wait for me at Rainbow Bridge.
Something prompted me to send my cousin an email and ask him if he was going to breed Lillie again. Lillie is a Chihuahua, and I just don't think I can get another poodle, and Chihuahuas were my second choice having had two of them before. Lordie, Cabo, his male, had sneaked in again!! Lillie was due in three weeks!! Puppies were born on July 15th. She had 5 puppies. I had wanted a female and she had only one female. So she is MINE!! She is a light chocolate color, with cream at the snout and jawline and a white blaze the runs from under her chin all the way across her chest and down her belly. Of course, no decent pictures yet, but when I get some I will share.
I wanted to share this wonderful news with all my friends on this forum, because some of you have cried with me and listened to me when I cried and I can't thank you enough for your support.
Of course, now I am worried that she is healthy, and that things will work out. Lillie's other litter by Cabo were beautiful puppies, bright eyed, and healthy, so see no reason these won't be either. Am to get her somewhere around the end of August.
Please keep up in your prayers.
Sorry to be so long winded.

Marslet

Marslet

Re: Getting a furbaby soon!

Postby Barbzeee » Fri Jul 18, 2008 8:06 am

Sharolette.... I'm am so happy for ya ! I know how difficult it's has been for you.. and you know I'm always supportive in anything thing you do.. Your new baby will have a wonderful home...and she will just fill your hearts with love...... I told you .. for me when I lost my fur babies..and even people I loved.. they came to me in a dream.. and not always right away... when it did...my pain eased.. I think that is our healing process... Even sometimes when I drive down those highways.. I get a sense of my Mom.. I can even smell her perfume.. Yeah it is strange and I don't question it.. Hence my saying... Just go with the flow....

Girlfriend I am really just thrilled to peices... Now I'm just doing a quick check list to see what have I forgotten...and I know already.. my fur babies... My Joe is really sulking.. gosh they can make ya feel guilty... but if I take one I have to take all.. and unfortunately I wouldn't be able to get in....:(

God Bless... I'm with ya !

Last edited by Barbzeee on Fri Jul 18, 2008 8:22 am, edited 1 time in total.
Barbzeee and Crew

Just go with the flow !

http://barbzeee.blogspot.com/

Barbzeee

Postby Liz » Fri Jul 18, 2008 8:12 am

Awww, you got me teary eyed with that story. I'm happy for you. Sounds like it was meant to be.
Liz
https://wheresliz2018.blogspot.com
"Life in the presence of God...is a life to be enjoyed every moment of every day." A. W. Tozer
Liz

Postby Paulette » Fri Jul 18, 2008 8:51 am

Congratulations to the new parents! What a touching story.
"What lies behind us and what lies before us are tiny matters compared to what lies within us." Ralph Waldo Emerson
Paulette

Postby retiredhappy » Fri Jul 18, 2008 9:10 am

I'm so happy for you - a puppie - yipee!!! Can hardly wait for pictures. Ooooooh, puppy breath, nothing like it.
Karen West
Baxter, Sophie, & Bailey

retiredhappy

Postby Bethers » Fri Jul 18, 2008 9:37 am

I can relate to everything you just said. Even though I got Peaches so soon after losing Moxie - and she did help me - I still felt Moxie with me for quite awhile. I also knew that Moxie had guided me to Peaches. There was no doubt in my mind on that. Just as Peaches wouldn't come out of her crate for anyone up till me - and this little dog should have been quickly adopted! I believe she knew I was coming and she was waiting for me.

I don't see, feel Moxie with me anymore, although there are moments. But there are often times that Tips is still here. That's so much more recent, though.

I'm so happy for you with this new little cutie who will take up a big spot in your hearts - and will give so much to you in return. I can't wait to see the pictures.
Beth
“Dare to live the life you have dreamed for yourself. Go forward and make your dreams come true.” ~ Ralph Waldo Emerson ~
"He who treasures the small things in life has found the path to true happiness"
Bethers

Postby Marslet » Fri Jul 18, 2008 11:08 am

Thanks to each and every one of you for your posts about my new furbaby. Forgot to tell you that her name will be Miss Emma.

Marslet

Marslet

Postby avalen » Fri Jul 18, 2008 11:13 am

oh how exciting, puppies!!!
I know she'll have a great home and she is going to be so spoiled, but then
thats what we do don't we, we spoil them rotten. Can hardly wait for pics.
Somewhere with Ava and Maggie
avalen

Postby Marslet » Fri Jul 18, 2008 11:18 am

Hopefully, this will be a pic of Miss Emma and her litter mates.
She is the darkest one.

Marslet

Marslet

Postby Bethers » Fri Jul 18, 2008 11:24 am

Ohhh, ohhhh, ohhhhh - I love all of them - and you can't even see the faces LOL - I bet you are so excited. I know I am and she's not mine.

I like the name Miss Emma. I've always added Miss in front of my female dogs names at times and Mr in front of the males. Even though I'm not from the south - just always seems right to me.
Beth
“Dare to live the life you have dreamed for yourself. Go forward and make your dreams come true.” ~ Ralph Waldo Emerson ~
"He who treasures the small things in life has found the path to true happiness"
Bethers

Postby Marslet » Sat Jul 19, 2008 5:46 pm

Just talked to my cousin and they took all the babies to the vet to be checked out. Seems that little Miss Emma is just fine!!! I am so excited, I don't know what I am going to do with myself for 6 weeks :lol: Roger told me as soon as the eyes opened, he would be sending me pictures, and I will be sharing them with all of you.

Marslet

Marslet

Postby Liz » Sat Jul 19, 2008 6:10 pm

Are you close enough to spend time with Miss Emma before she moves in with you? I'm excited for you.
Liz
https://wheresliz2018.blogspot.com
"Life in the presence of God...is a life to be enjoyed every moment of every day." A. W. Tozer
Liz

Postby Gentleladybear » Sat Jul 19, 2008 6:24 pm

Marslet I am so excited for you and Miss Emma!!! Just spoil her rotten, she will be just fine. Of course if you are like I am, no one really has to tell you to do that, it just comes naturally. Love the pictures of the babies, they are so precious when they are so tiny. Hope to see more pictures of her as she comes to live with you.

Nan
Nan
Gentleladybear

Postby NakedPupsAndMe » Sat Jul 19, 2008 8:09 pm

I'm so happy for you! When I lost my little poodle, it was over a year before I could even think about another dog. But I knew my little naked boy pup needed a new brother. Now he has a brother, 2 sisters & 2 foster brothers. One of his foster brothers is a poodle. Hope I don't fail fostering with him. ;) I've never had a chi but I know ppl who do, & they love them. Can't wait to see more pics of your new baby! :D :D
NakedPupsAndMe

Postby Mtntophoundz » Sun Jul 20, 2008 4:55 pm

Oh Marslet I am so happy for you! I don't know if I can wait the six weeks with you. But its something we have to do... lol We will have to start a countdown or something. ;)
Mollie
A hubby, 2 skin kids,
Fur-sons Shane & Rascal
It is in the woods we return to reason and faith..... ~Emerson
Mtntophoundz

Next

Return to General Talk