Favorite annual events?

Talk about anything under the sun! Just remember to be respectful of others.

Favorite annual events?

Postby mtngal » Mon Nov 10, 2008 9:23 am

I'm thinking about planning trips next year, wondering about your favorite annual events. Music festivals, pow wows, craft fairs, gtgs (!), balloon races, whatever. When I was in Zion National Park I talked to a guy who had just come from a Big Band Festival in Sun Valley Idaho, he and his wife have been going for many years. Any can't miss favorites to share?
Diana
mtngal

Re: Favorite annual events?

Postby retiredhappy » Mon Nov 10, 2008 5:12 pm

Big intertribal week long pow wow in Gallup New Mexico in August. Stayed at Red Rock State (City?) park right where the festival is held. Dancing, rodeo, uried art show and lots of vendors.
Karen West
Baxter, Sophie, & Bailey

retiredhappy

Postby Cedar518 » Mon Nov 10, 2008 6:59 pm

Bluegrass festivals in northern NY and VT. Is it spring yet? :lol:
Cedar518

Postby Bethers » Thu Nov 13, 2008 7:14 pm

I look for events in the areas I travel - I like the sand sculptures here in Port A in the spring. I like the balloon festival in Queegee, VT - I believe that's in June - if I was within driving distance would definitely go to it again. Will do either/both again.

I shy away from really big festivals, usually - used to do all of those, but I'm not as found of the large crowds as I used to be. But, I loved being at The Rally last year and that was a crowd, and I'd do the Balloon Fest in Albuquerque again - but only with a group of friends and parked on site - where I don't have to leave or drive anywhere till it's done.

Along the Mississippi River in Wisconsin, almost every little town has a festival during the summer - rarely 2 of them on the same weekend. Those are fun, also.

When I was in Oregon I discovered that Albany, OR has a summer concert series outside - I went on the week night it was going on that I was in town and had a blast. Free - you take your blanket early to get the spot on the grass you want - vendors sell ice cream, etc - I look for this kind of local event and almost always have fun.
Beth
“Dare to live the life you have dreamed for yourself. Go forward and make your dreams come true.” ~ Ralph Waldo Emerson ~
"He who treasures the small things in life has found the path to true happiness"
Bethers

Postby Sunseeker » Fri Nov 14, 2008 8:13 am

The Mudbug (crawfish) festival in Shreveport, Louisiana around Memorial day. Spicy cajun food and lively zydeco/cajun bands. Ahhh-eeeee!
Sunseeker Jill
also Tommy and furkids Sami and Molly
Image,Image
Sunseeker

Postby rvgrammy1953 » Fri Nov 14, 2008 9:06 am

Jazz Fest in New Orleans usually sometime in April.....and of course, county fairs nation wide....love them...
ImageImage
Lori, Ernie & Spinner
2012 Open Range Roamer 5er
2008 Toyota Tundra
http://grammyandpapaswildadventure.blogspot.com
rvgrammy1953

Return to General Talk