Gone Campin'

Talk about anything under the sun! Just remember to be respectful of others.

Gone Campin'

Postby Cedar518 » Thu Jul 17, 2008 9:48 am

Guess i have to tear myself away from this great new forum,... I'll be heading out in about an hour or so and won't be back until Sunday evening. My pal Kathy and I will be camping in a NYS Park on Lake Champlain. We have a site where we can watch the bridge to Vermont and also the boat launch,... and of course all the activity on the water. See you when we get back,...keep the home (camp)fires burning!
Cedar518

Re: Gone Campin'

Postby Sunseeker » Thu Jul 17, 2008 9:49 am

have a blast, Cedar. We'll be anxiously awaiting lots of pictures!
Sunseeker Jill
also Tommy and furkids Sami and Molly
Image,Image
Sunseeker

Postby Paulette » Thu Jul 17, 2008 9:59 am

Sounds like a nice weekend. Bring back stories and pictures!
"What lies behind us and what lies before us are tiny matters compared to what lies within us." Ralph Waldo Emerson
Paulette

Postby Bethers » Thu Jul 17, 2008 10:09 am

Sounds wonderful and please say hi to Kathy for me!

Pictures, remember pictures :) See you on Sunday.
Beth
“Dare to live the life you have dreamed for yourself. Go forward and make your dreams come true.” ~ Ralph Waldo Emerson ~
"He who treasures the small things in life has found the path to true happiness"
Bethers

Postby Barbzeee » Thu Jul 17, 2008 11:31 am

Hey Cedar... Have a great time.. and we'll miss ya.. but boy you is gonna have some catching up to do.....sure you don't have a laptop with ya.. I mean just in case LOL

Enjoy and we can't wait till you tell us all

God Bless

Barbzeee and Crew

Just go with the flow !

http://barbzeee.blogspot.com/

Barbzeee

Postby Liz » Thu Jul 17, 2008 12:50 pm

Have a wonderful, relaxing weekend, then report back with narrative and pics, ok? No pressure or anything, but...
Liz
https://wheresliz2018.blogspot.com
"Life in the presence of God...is a life to be enjoyed every moment of every day." A. W. Tozer
Liz

Postby retiredhappy » Thu Jul 17, 2008 4:04 pm

I'll just reiterate - PICTURES, PICTURES.!!
Karen West
Baxter, Sophie, & Bailey

retiredhappy

Postby Cedar518 » Sun Jul 20, 2008 6:47 pm

Well, i got home a little while ago and I've been trying to catch up on all the posts on our new forum,.... guess I'll have to go to bed and still not be caught up. I'll post some pictures tomorrow. Summary is that we had neighbors from "h-e-double q" on the next site. to make a long story short the park employees had to visit them twice to tell them to get back on their own site,... once they had set a tent up on my site,.. and then they took over the site across the driveway from their own. geeeesh! Four adults, can you believe it? But all in all, it was a good weekend.

Of course I had withdrawal not being able to check in HERE! :lol:
Cedar518

Postby Bethers » Sun Jul 20, 2008 6:53 pm

Ouch about the neighbors. I think the 2nd time they had to be talked to it should have been to tell them to leave (am I mean lol?) Luckily things like that don't happen often - but they do happen. I look forward to your pictures tomorrow.
Beth
“Dare to live the life you have dreamed for yourself. Go forward and make your dreams come true.” ~ Ralph Waldo Emerson ~
"He who treasures the small things in life has found the path to true happiness"
Bethers

Postby Cedar518 » Mon Jul 21, 2008 6:37 am

OK my friends,... pictures as promised!
this was our huge, grassy site,...
My friend Kathy and her two mini poodles camped with me....these are "the girls"... Mitzi and Ginger...
Crown Point State Park has a view of this bridge to Vermont
This is the lighthouse on the point
this is the old steamship pier just past the lighthouse. back in the early 1900s steamships traveled from town to town on Lake Champlain. the lake is approx 108 miles long.
view of the pier, lighthouse on the point where the campground is,.... taken from the bridge to Vermont.
Cedar518

Postby retiredhappy » Mon Jul 21, 2008 7:13 am

What a nice campground. Isn't it amazing how rude some people can be. Thanks for the pictures.
Karen West
Baxter, Sophie, & Bailey

retiredhappy

Postby Barbzeee » Mon Jul 21, 2008 7:21 am

Cedar... I just loved those shots.. and "The Girls" LOL I use to say that when I just had the girls go with me to the dog shows..hahahaha.. yep.. I love that chalet of yours... wishin you were with us this weekend.. but we'll get to gether yet.. talkin about something for the NE area... working on the brain LOL...

God Bless and Welcome Home !!

Barbzeee and Crew

Just go with the flow !

http://barbzeee.blogspot.com/

Barbzeee

Postby mtngal » Mon Jul 21, 2008 7:23 am

Hi Cedar, your photos are so interesting (and beautiful too) as the great lakes area is all new to me. The light house looks really old?
Thanks for sharing your camping trip, Diana
Diana
mtngal

Postby carold » Mon Jul 21, 2008 7:49 am

We were there about a week ago on the Vermont side-came thru upstate NY thru Rouses Point. carold
carold

Postby Cedar518 » Mon Jul 21, 2008 9:35 am

awwwww Carol,.... you were only about an hour north of me,... I'd have jumped in the car and come to meet you! ;)

mtngal...... Lake Champlain isn't one of the Great Lakes,... those are west of here. but it's our "great" lake1 :D

Zeee,... maybe next year I can pile my pennies up deep enough to make a NE gtg. I know I missed out on a great time. this camping trip was only about 24 miles round trip from home. being really economical this summer. drats! :lol:
Cedar518

Next

Return to General Talk