Three states added today

Talk about anything under the sun! Just remember to be respectful of others.

Three states added today

Postby oregontocal » Mon Oct 13, 2008 6:39 pm

Check out the map - I added Texas, Oklahoma, and Kansas today, all in a drive of a little over two hundred miles from Tucumcari, New Mexico. I figured out the reason I decided to stay there last night---checked the map and found Hwy 54 East---didn't have to go through Amarillo after all---and it cut off a lot of time and distance. Right now I'm parked for the night at Wal-Mart in Liberal, Kansas, on the border of KS and OK. More tomorrow when I have a little better connection.
oregontocal

Re: Three states added today

Postby Bethers » Mon Oct 13, 2008 6:42 pm

Look at your map filling in! Makes sense to make the turn you did - are you seeing the lower gas prices there? They are really coming down here.

I think I should update my map and add it to my signature - have had one on my rv.net siggy forever.
Beth
“Dare to live the life you have dreamed for yourself. Go forward and make your dreams come true.” ~ Ralph Waldo Emerson ~
"He who treasures the small things in life has found the path to true happiness"
Bethers

Postby oregontocal » Mon Oct 13, 2008 8:18 pm

Here's the website for the map http://www.epgsoft.com/VisitedStatesMap/

Gee, on this trip I might even fill in Missouri and Arkansas since Coffeyville is so close to them.
oregontocal

Postby oregontocal » Mon Oct 13, 2008 8:29 pm

Beth, I bought gas in Dalhart, Texas this afternoon for the cheapest price I've seen in a LONG time. It's been $3.49/gallon and up for regular unleaded all the way from San Diego. More pictures tomorrow, but I had to get this one onto Photobucket.

oregontocal

Postby Bethers » Mon Oct 13, 2008 9:00 pm

Chris,
Down by me in TX it's down to 2.49 for unleaded - that's off the island - even on the island prices are in the 2.60's. Great to see them coming down, isn't it? Sure will help all of us travelers, that's for sure!

Any more news from Amazon about your start date? Hopefully the stock market's little revival today will help get things back on track.
Beth
“Dare to live the life you have dreamed for yourself. Go forward and make your dreams come true.” ~ Ralph Waldo Emerson ~
"He who treasures the small things in life has found the path to true happiness"
Bethers

Postby rvgrammy1953 » Mon Oct 13, 2008 9:04 pm

We got gas today here in Ft. Smith, AR for $2.72/gal....Yes, sirree, BOB....the price is coming down....Yaaaaaahoooooo :D
Lori
ImageImage
Lori, Ernie & Spinner
2012 Open Range Roamer 5er
2008 Toyota Tundra
http://grammyandpapaswildadventure.blogspot.com
rvgrammy1953

Postby snowball » Mon Oct 13, 2008 10:17 pm

bought diesil for 3.55 the other day so fun!!
and its going down
remember when this was high???
Chris glad that you are filling in your map
sheila
snowball

Return to General Talk