What's Washed up Lately?

Talk about anything under the sun! Just remember to be respectful of others.

What's Washed up Lately?

Postby Bethers » Tue Oct 07, 2008 10:46 am

After the big onslaught of so much that washed up on the beaches here, we had a relatively calm period for a week or so. Then the wind direction changed again, and for the past few days, we're seeing stuff washing up again. Not the furniture and showers (yes, almost an enitre shower washed up with the first stuff) but mainly garbage now. I think we're getting the stuff that were in the dumpsters or garbage bags now - lots of empty plastic bottles, etc.

But yesterday morning - here's what washed up:

That's the view as I walked up to it today - unfortunately very hazy out this morning and the sun would peek out and almost blind me and the camera, etc - but yep, a boat washed up - here's a closer view:

We can't tell if there's a big hole in the bottom, but we do believe so - as if you look in it now, you just see lots of sand in the center. Probably lost part of the bottom in it's travels.

They've been doing a great job of keeping the beaches clean, but it's almost impossible to have nothing, cuz with this wind direction some stuff comes up with every high tide:

And just little garbage:

Peaches has decided she even likes the waves - as long as they aren't too big. She now jumps them. But she just as much enjoys sniffing out whatever comes ashore. I can't take a pic of her jumping the waves, maybe one day when someone is out walking with us. But here she is posing for me:

Poor little girl has fun in the water, then we walk back and I hose her down to get rid of the sand and salt. She's so good about it. Except when I try to hose her face - at that point she lets me know she's had enough.
Beth
“Dare to live the life you have dreamed for yourself. Go forward and make your dreams come true.” ~ Ralph Waldo Emerson ~
"He who treasures the small things in life has found the path to true happiness"
Bethers

Re: What's Washed up Lately?

Postby Getupngo » Tue Oct 07, 2008 10:56 am

I was thinking it must be hard to keep your rig clean with such a four-legged sand-tracker.

Wow. Seeing that boat must have been quite the sight. It can't have TOO big a hole in the hull ... it made it back to shore just fine (sort of).
Janice traveling solo in a 2008 Four Winds Windsport
Navigator: Annie the miniature poodle
2011 Honda CRV toad

Getupngo

Postby Acadianmom » Tue Oct 07, 2008 11:48 am

I heard on the news about the trash that is washing up. You didn't happen to see my deck. :D Hope you don't get the oil that they are saying was spilled. That really makes a mess on a beach.

Martha
Martha
2010 Coach House
Acadianmom

Postby avalen » Tue Oct 07, 2008 12:29 pm

strange looking boat, to me anyway, wondering what that big tall thing is on it.
Peaches has a smile on her face, she's such a happy girl.
Somewhere with Ava and Maggie
avalen

Postby Bethers » Tue Oct 07, 2008 3:02 pm

No oil, thank goodness - still is nice walking with my feet in the water - and Peaches jumping the small waves :)

LOL - we may have gotten part of your deck, Martha - we've had some weird things land here - that wouldn't have looked weird, though, just another piece of wood.

Yeah, Peaches is usually a happy little girl - as long as a stranger doesn't want to come too close to her. Still needs time to get to know people, probably always will.
Beth
“Dare to live the life you have dreamed for yourself. Go forward and make your dreams come true.” ~ Ralph Waldo Emerson ~
"He who treasures the small things in life has found the path to true happiness"
Bethers

Postby snowball » Tue Oct 07, 2008 11:40 pm

Beth you need to research that boat and tell us what it is
I'll bet it was interesting to see what had washed up
sheila
snowball

Return to General Talk