Where's Jenny? Winchester Bay OR

Talk about anything under the sun! Just remember to be respectful of others.

Where's Jenny? Winchester Bay OR

Postby SeeyaGal » Sat Sep 27, 2008 11:31 pm

We left South Beach and was going to honk at Trudy going over the bridge but we did not see her truck as we went over the bridge heading South. Another perfect sunny beautiful day along the Sea shore.
Quite a crowd here in the marina but the group the R(O)Ving Rods are small compaired to past get togethers. We're all here for the Crab Fest. Dan and I have 3 crab rings so we hope to catch a bunch of crabs. Hopefully this year he won't knock me off the dock like he did in Westport!! :shock: :evil: Last I remembered I was walking behind him to get some more bait for my crab pot and I next thing I know I'm coming out of the water clothes , glasses and all drenched!!!! :shock: And to make things even more confusing it is my friend Walt and some guy I don't know hauling me out of the water!!! :o Dan teases everyone and says he was the one holding me down! HUH!! :x
Views coming down the coast

Otter Crest South of Depoe Bay

floats like these can be found hidden along the beaches in Lincoln City after October, 2000 of them are made and stamped and hidden...They are each unique and not the same ...AWESOME!!!

Below the Cape Foulweather lookout/gift shop you can see surfers trying to ride the waves

Here we are at the marina and you will not believe this but the couple next to us are sleeping in their car!! Guess we don't crank on the genny!!! ;) I think they are eating their meals with their friends next door in a travel trailer. We are right in front of the bathrooms and the dock. It's windy here at times so glad I have my Tin Teepee and lots of room!
Pay showers $1.25 for 5 1/2 min!!! Guess it is Navy baths for us in the RV to save water but I cannot have THAT quick of a shower or pay that much for one!! :x

Our friends George & Judy traded in their 5th wheel for this quad Alegro Bay motorhome and trailer. The trailer holds his car on the bottom and the boat above it in the cargo carrier trailer and he has a shop up front. He's legal tho gals 65 ft and he said he actually has found campsites big enough to pull into and not disconnect!! I asked them if they won the lottery!! :lol:

Remember in the old movies the pioneers made a circle with the wagon train, our group did the same and put tables and all kind of cooking gear near by to cook the crabs.

Sealions near the Sea Lion caves

Famous Heceta Head Lighthouse the most photographed lighthouse...and my favorite!!

End of a perfect day!

We are going to be here at least a week and we are new to the group, so we are the new kids on the block and I mean we are kids...everyone is older than us! This is going to be a fun adventure :D
After Winchester Bay our plans are written in jello, have not decided where we are going next......spin the bottle Dan, where are we going next? :D
Life is not measured by the number of breaths we take, but by the moments that take our breath away
Seeyagal
http://i484.photobucket.com/albums/rr20 ... G_0053.jpg
SeeyaGal

Location: Full-Timers since Aug 2001, on the road, Summer in Washington, Winters Yuma AZ

Re: Where's Jenny? Winchester Bay OR

Postby snowball » Sun Sep 28, 2008 12:01 am

have fun and gets lots of crabs ok
be safe as you travel on down the coast
sheila
snowball

Postby Cedar518 » Sun Sep 28, 2008 5:27 am

Jenny,
That looks like a great group of folks,... I like it that you can gather together to cook your meal,.. and that everyone is friendly. Sometimes it's difficult to break into an already established group. Have fun!
Cedar518

Postby carold » Sun Sep 28, 2008 6:30 am

Does that look like fun or what :mrgreen: Maybe I'll put that on my to go to list. I'm here in hot, humid Florida to give my SIL a break with my MIL, but you guys sure look cool in your jackets. By the way Jenny, my sister and DH bought a lot at Benson Escapee just this year. carold
carold

Postby avalen » Sun Sep 28, 2008 9:11 am

the pictures are fantastic, thanks so much for sharing, used to go camping with hubby
years ago and slept in the car, wasn't bad at all, been thinking about doing that myself
with my little kia. Spent all summer in my van a few years back, but then it was built
for that, that was the last road trip I took. I need another road trip!
Somewhere with Ava and Maggie
avalen

Postby Getupngo » Sun Sep 28, 2008 9:39 am

Oh, Jenny I LOVE the Oregon coast! Thanks for the wonderful pictures. Would have loved a look IN the car/boat/shop trailer. The owner must've given up some length in MH to accommodate the length of that trailer.
Janice traveling solo in a 2008 Four Winds Windsport
Navigator: Annie the miniature poodle
2011 Honda CRV toad

Getupngo

Postby AlmostThere » Sun Sep 28, 2008 9:43 am

Jenny,
Great pictures and narrative as usual! Gosh, when I see the coast again I really yearn for an RV. To be this close and not get out and enjoy it!!? My Bad! What a full exciting life you and Dan lead! Good on you! :D
AlmostThere

Postby Mollysmom » Sun Sep 28, 2008 10:10 am

Beautiful pictures !!!
Good luck with the crabbing !!! I saw one on the beach yesterday trying to burying himself in the sand so I put him back in the ocean so no one would catch him ! I don't know if I could kill one of them - they're kind of cute. Of course Molly wanted to grab him - that would have been "exciting" HA !!!
Enjoy your adventure.
Mollysmom

Postby MsBHaven » Sun Sep 28, 2008 12:01 pm

Loved those beautiful photos!

Can you tell us more about those "floats"? They are so pretty.
2013 Thor Chateau Citation Sprinter - 24' 10" - 2 slides

Ms"B"Haven (Margie)

3 Chihuahuas (Buddy, Annie, Maggie)
MsBHaven

Postby SeeyaGal » Sun Sep 28, 2008 2:19 pm

http://www.oregoncoast.org/pages/glass-floats.php
Here is the info about the glass floats, I won't be able to find one but hopefully Trudy will be able to go up to Lincoln City and find one.
Aaaaah the sun is shining and warm, can't get any better than this!!!! Except we have only pulled up small crabs so far and they have to be a Male and 5 3/4 inches across the back to keep them. Will go out tonight and see if I can catch some.

Isn't the Oregon coast the most beautiful sight you have ever seen....I tell ya I can get good photo's but what my eyes see is totally AWESOME!!! Gotta go check out the crab pots again...wish me luck!
Life is not measured by the number of breaths we take, but by the moments that take our breath away
Seeyagal
SeeyaGal

Location: Full-Timers since Aug 2001, on the road, Summer in Washington, Winters Yuma AZ

Postby Bethers » Sun Sep 28, 2008 4:09 pm

Great pictures- and looks like quite a group and lots of fun. Thanks for sharing.
Beth
“Dare to live the life you have dreamed for yourself. Go forward and make your dreams come true.” ~ Ralph Waldo Emerson ~
"He who treasures the small things in life has found the path to true happiness"
Bethers

Postby retiredhappy » Sun Sep 28, 2008 6:27 pm

Love your pictures of the Oregon coast. How are the prices at the RV parks there?
Karen West
Baxter, Sophie, & Bailey

retiredhappy

Postby SeeyaGal » Sun Sep 28, 2008 9:01 pm

I do not know the prices of the other parks close to me, one is a reg campground and then the other one is a pricey one. Will take my bike over and find out. We are Boondocking $11.00 a night at the Winchester Marina, we are right next to the bathrooms and dock to throw our crab traps out from. So far only two guys in our group have caught any that are over 7 inches.
Seeyagal
SeeyaGal

Postby rvgrammy1953 » Sun Sep 28, 2008 9:17 pm

Oh, Jenny....the photos are great!! We've been crabbing on the Atlantic coast.....Maryland and Georgia......we're going to give it a try this year while at Corpus Christi....(are you ready to go,Beth? lol)...........It's great fun and good eats.....enjoy!!!

Lori
ImageImage
Lori, Ernie & Spinner
2012 Open Range Roamer 5er
2008 Toyota Tundra
http://grammyandpapaswildadventure.blogspot.com
rvgrammy1953

Postby Paulette » Mon Sep 29, 2008 8:50 am

Lori, do ya have your "old bay" with ya?
"What lies behind us and what lies before us are tiny matters compared to what lies within us." Ralph Waldo Emerson
Paulette

Next

Return to General Talk