Getting rid of Ants---TIP

Talk about anything under the sun! Just remember to be respectful of others.

Getting rid of Ants---TIP

Postby avalen » Sat Sep 20, 2008 10:59 am

I just saw this on the news, to get rid of ants, use Equal, the sugar substitute.
When they eat it they die. :P
Somewhere with Ava and Maggie
avalen

Re: Getting rid of Ants---TIP

Postby NakedPupsAndMe » Sat Sep 20, 2008 11:58 am

Kinda makes me wonder what's in it? :shock: I got rid of mine by spraying all the lines & tires. I think Barbzeee suggested it, I'm not sure but it worked.

What are you supposed to do with the Equal? Sprinkle it where you see them?
NakedPupsAndMe

Postby Barbzeee » Sat Sep 20, 2008 12:28 pm

Ava, I saw that too.. kind of makes ya feel good having that ice tea with some Equal .. don't it LOL

Micki, glad you got rid of those buggers... yep, that's what I've been doing for years.. even when I park my rig for the time I'm in Florida.. I do the coating of the tires and spray all in the wells... even leave traps set up inside for thos palmetto bugs.. what they call in Florida... Roaches to us Northerners... LOL but it's worked for years.. and oh.. another tid bit... I use Grits (don't eat them) on the Fire Ants...it's history for those babies when they eat them good grits.. !! Works for me and I hope it works for all of you.. !! Now folks.. you just sprinkle the grits right out of the package. you don't have to fix em LOL and they come up and eat that sweet good ole grits and it's ta daaaaaaaaa...bye bye ..that will put out yer fire !!

God Bless...Mad Scientist at rest...

Barbzeee and Crew

Just go with the flow !

http://barbzeee.blogspot.com/

Barbzeee

Postby SeeyaGal » Sat Sep 20, 2008 1:13 pm

I have ants galore in Yuma will try the equal on them and see if I can't get rid of them. Sasha Mio keeps licking the tiny red ants...thank god they are not the fire ants!!!!
Life is not measured by the number of breaths we take, but by the moments that take our breath away
Seeyagal
http://i484.photobucket.com/albums/rr20 ... G_0053.jpg
SeeyaGal

Location: Full-Timers since Aug 2001, on the road, Summer in Washington, Winters Yuma AZ

Postby Gentleladybear » Sat Sep 20, 2008 1:45 pm

Barbzee proves grits are filling. Them little ants eat them and swell up and die. We eat them and they swell up and we are full. Now look what you non grits eating people are missing. (laughing here)
Nan
Gentleladybear

Postby retiredhappy » Sat Sep 20, 2008 1:59 pm

Had problems last year - they were coming up the electrical cord. Coated it with vasoline just at the top among other things. That worked, too. Also sprayed all around the rig and put out ant trap.
Karen West
Baxter, Sophie, & Bailey

retiredhappy

Postby NakedPupsAndMe » Sat Sep 20, 2008 9:33 pm

I had more ants tonight. I didn't have any Equal, but I had something like Sweet n Low. I sprinkled some on the counter where I saw them. I'll let ya'll know if generic Equal works. :D
NakedPupsAndMe

Postby Barbzeee » Sat Sep 20, 2008 9:50 pm

Micki, you probably have a nest inside... as the spray will keep them off there is also another type that you paint on the cords.. have to look up that name.. but being they are inside.. you need to do a clean them out.. under cabinets and all.. try sprinkling around the counters that may help.. those little tiny suckers a tuff buggers.. Let us know how that sweetner works..

God Bless
Barbzeee and Crew

Just go with the flow !

http://barbzeee.blogspot.com/

Barbzeee

Postby Sparkle » Sat Sep 20, 2008 9:56 pm

I think Equal and Sweet n Low are made from fruit? I could be wrong, but I'm allergic to cranberries, they make me lose my voice (explains why my friends keep giving them to me) and any of the artificial sweeterners have the same effect on me. I'd be concerned too about eating anything that kills another life form. But then there is chocolate, which is very bad for dogs, so there goes that theory. :lol:
Sparkle

Return to General Talk