When it Rains it Pours !!!

Talk about anything under the sun! Just remember to be respectful of others.

When it Rains it Pours !!!

Postby Barbzeee » Thu Sep 18, 2008 11:24 am

Yep, it's me... and just can't stands no more... Folks.. I already have a dentist appointment this Thursday to replace my filling... now only just a few minutes ago I got off the phone with my dear sweet dentist...being that I'm already off my blood thinners.. I called him to tell him the "latest" While biting on an apple.. I chipped my front tooth..yep, I now look like Morta mer Snurds's sista... chit.. When it rains it pours.. and the best one is.. He can't do the tooth until...next Tuesday which he will crown it..but that will take 2 weeks..and I'll get that permanent one in on the 7th of Oct and I leave for Florida on the 8th...Now..I'm just gonna sit and Whine...or maybe drink Wine instead...bummer ..

You know there's always something happening ..oh and just thought of this one.. We go to the Hamptons on the 26th.. Oh man.. it gets better.. and any of ya ever had a temp crown put in...if ya eat pasta it stays red LOL I'll really look sweet..hahahaha...

So ya think ya have problems...well.... my turn to jump up ..maybe not so high..but second thought I'll just vent... Here comes a strong current...

It's just one of those revulting developments...!

God Bless...Hope all your day's are better than mine :(

Barbzeee and Crew

Just go with the flow !

http://barbzeee.blogspot.com/

Barbzeee

Re: When it Rains it Pours !!!

Postby Paulette » Thu Sep 18, 2008 12:43 pm

Oh Barb, sorry to hear of your latest mishap. :cry: Man o man...has to be a front tooth too, right! Well, remember, everything happens for a reason. Maybe you need to postpone your trip south and come to Ferryboat Campsites!

I'll have a little cheese with your whine!!!
"What lies behind us and what lies before us are tiny matters compared to what lies within us." Ralph Waldo Emerson
Paulette

Postby Cedar518 » Thu Sep 18, 2008 1:16 pm

Oh my Zeee,.... I really do know what you mean. I had a removable bridge break years ago,....it broke in the dentist's hands and all he said was "oh, it broke".... and i was leaving within hours on a trip. All he was doing was trying to tighten one of the prongs. So I left with lots (LOTS! :lol: ) of denture paste under the bridge to hold it in place. He never offered to give me a free appt. to fix what HE broke! So,... no i've been with a different dentist for at lest 15 years. And he did the permenent bridge work for me. Hmmmm....... just talking about this with you makes me think,... I'm about due for a dental "emergency".... :roll: :lol:
Cedar518

Postby Sunseeker » Thu Sep 18, 2008 4:26 pm

O.K.,,at least it can be fixed..right? And it will be before you are scheduled to leave..right? So what's the big deal? You've survived lots of obstacles before and this is only a bump...right?

I say, have fun in the Hamptons, eats lotsa pasta, and just don't SMILE...right? :?
Sunseeker Jill
also Tommy and furkids Sami and Molly
Image,Image
Sunseeker

Postby retiredhappy » Thu Sep 18, 2008 6:48 pm

Oh Barbz - dental work is NEVER convenient. I personally would rather have major surgery than go to the dentist.
Karen West
Baxter, Sophie, & Bailey

retiredhappy

Postby Bethers » Thu Sep 18, 2008 7:56 pm

Ouch. Last two temporary crowns I had, though, didn't stain no matter what I ate. My biggest problem was remembering not to eat certain foods, to make sure the crown stayed in my mouth.

That said, I went to Mexico today and got my teeth cleaned down there. Love the prices :)
Beth
“Dare to live the life you have dreamed for yourself. Go forward and make your dreams come true.” ~ Ralph Waldo Emerson ~
"He who treasures the small things in life has found the path to true happiness"
Bethers

Postby avalen » Thu Sep 18, 2008 8:21 pm

oh my goodness, keep your mouth closed and no one will notice, but then if you
don't talk, your arms won't get any exercise :lol:
At least it wasn't a denture and the dog got ahold of it, now THATS a funny story...
I had just got dentures years ago and they made my mouth hurt and I took them
out, set them in a glass of water on the shelf above my computer desk. When I
wasn't looking, my boston terrier got up there, got those dentures and had them
sticking out of her mouth just as if she was wearing them, when it dawned on
me what she had I went after her as she went running down the hallway. I saved
them but she did get a few chips and bites out of them and they had to be repaired.
It was that funny image of her mouth with human looking teeth sticking out, it just
cracked me up.
Sorry you chipped your tooth, but it could have been worse, at least you get it fixed
before you leave town.
ps. sorry I wasn't up for morning coffee, I got up late, shame on me. :lol:
Somewhere with Ava and Maggie
avalen

Postby rvgrammy1953 » Thu Sep 18, 2008 9:33 pm

:lol: Loved Ava's story...... :lol: a Boston Terrier with people teeth.....what a hoot.... :lol:

Now, to poor Barb......I feel for ya' my friend.....got socked in the mouth at age 18 and got a bottom front tooth knocked out and the one right next to it chipped......couldn't afford to get them fixed right then....so went to Army basic training that way..... when I got to my 1st assignment after training I got braces, they fixed the chipped tooth.......the time span was about 5 months.... Here's hoping your all fixed up soon....see ya' in the morning for coffee.... ;)

Lori
ImageImage
Lori, Ernie & Spinner
2012 Open Range Roamer 5er
2008 Toyota Tundra
http://grammyandpapaswildadventure.blogspot.com
rvgrammy1953

Postby Bethers » Fri Sep 19, 2008 9:35 am

I'm sitting here laughing so hard at the Boston with your teeth Ava. Sure wish we had a pic of that :)
Beth
“Dare to live the life you have dreamed for yourself. Go forward and make your dreams come true.” ~ Ralph Waldo Emerson ~
"He who treasures the small things in life has found the path to true happiness"
Bethers

Postby avalen » Fri Sep 19, 2008 7:16 pm

it really was hilarious, and when I stop and think about my reaction to it cause
I was looking at her staring at me and thinking " hmm, she looks odd" then it
was "holy crap" "DOTTIE!!" so it was a bit of a delayed reaction that she had my
teeth in her mouth sticking out just like they would have been worn. That was
actually about 10 years ago.
Somewhere with Ava and Maggie
avalen

Postby NakedPupsAndMe » Fri Sep 19, 2008 7:24 pm

Sorry about your dental problems. Made my mouth hurt just reading about it. And Ava, your story cracked me up!
NakedPupsAndMe

Postby oregontocal » Fri Sep 19, 2008 9:23 pm

Oh, geesh! Just when I think I've heard it all, too. :P
oregontocal

Return to General Talk