Texas GTG - HELP

Talk about anything under the sun! Just remember to be respectful of others.

Texas GTG - HELP

Postby retiredhappy » Wed Sep 17, 2008 1:21 pm

Okay for those of you coming to the Texas GTG - I checked into getting a van and driver to take us to San Antonio for the day. The cost is $390 for a van and driver and six hours. That's getting pretty expensive so what do you all feel about it? I was trying to prevent two or three cars trying to follow each other in the heavy San Antonio traffic. (I don't drive in San Antonio at all) and I was trying to keep us all together in one vehicle. If I just rent a van, can one of the others drive? I don't even know how to get there (I have a Garmin that gets me lost.) My cell is 830 285-0531. HELP!
Karen West
Baxter, Sophie, & Bailey

retiredhappy

Re: Texas GTG - HELP

Postby Sunseeker » Wed Sep 17, 2008 4:17 pm

Tommy and I will just have his motorcycle along, so we were really counting on a van ride. I bet between him and Ernie though, we'd be able to drive ourselves if we rented one. I agree the chauffered one is pretty pricey!!! I guess I should really ask him before volunteering him though... We have a Magellan and should have no trouble finding SA. I bet more than one gal coming to the GTG will already know the way.
Sunseeker Jill
also Tommy and furkids Sami and Molly
Image,Image
Sunseeker

Postby avalen » Wed Sep 17, 2008 4:21 pm

drat!! too bad I'm not going to be there cause I would have been more than happy
to be the driver
Somewhere with Ava and Maggie
avalen

Postby Bethers » Wed Sep 17, 2008 8:51 pm

Usually the person who rents the vehicle has to drive it or you have to pay extra for another driver. That only will matter if there should be any accident, etc, but I wouldn't want to chance that.

I, also, would have no problem being the driver. So, I think we have plenty of drivers - and I'm sure if we can get a van, we'll have room for all of us. Maybe we could keep a van for a couple days and do some of the other trips in it also? What say everyone about that?
Beth
“Dare to live the life you have dreamed for yourself. Go forward and make your dreams come true.” ~ Ralph Waldo Emerson ~
"He who treasures the small things in life has found the path to true happiness"
Bethers

Postby rvgrammy1953 » Wed Sep 17, 2008 9:16 pm

Okay.....our 2 cents......Ernie's says he's willing to share the driving duties, and renting a van sounds like the way to go....saves on all of us trying to keep up with each other and only 1 gas tank to fill with $4 plus gas......His main concern is that touring doesn't cut into his beer time..... :lol: So I assured him that you all will make sure he has his beer time..... ;) :lol: We also have a Garmin......don't care for her attitude, but she does know city driving.....as long as she has a "complete" address...... :roll:

Lori
ImageImage
Lori, Ernie & Spinner
2012 Open Range Roamer 5er
2008 Toyota Tundra
http://grammyandpapaswildadventure.blogspot.com
rvgrammy1953

Postby Sunseeker » Thu Sep 18, 2008 10:17 am

Great idea to keep the van at least one more day for stonehenge and the wine tour. And Ernie, we wouldn't think of messing with your beer time. You'll probably drive on the way THERE, right???? ;)
Sunseeker Jill
Image,Image
Sunseeker

Postby rvgrammy1953 » Thu Sep 18, 2008 6:31 pm

:lol: Ernie says that's a wonderful idea......he'll do the driving to......but he's now adding things to the tour.....like....a toppless lounge.... :oops: :roll: sorry, he just gets carried away.......let's not put him "in charge" other that doing the driving..... :lol: He's such a kidder..... ;)

Lori
ImageImage
Lori, Ernie & Spinner
2008 Toyota Tundra
rvgrammy1953

Postby retiredhappy » Thu Sep 18, 2008 6:45 pm

Okay, tomorrow I'll check out renting a van for a couple of days. Lori, don't tell Ernie but I'm ordering his T-shirt. White with pink lettering and a pink flamingo, says SULTAN OF RV WOMEN. I thought I did good in NOT ordering one in pink.
Karen West
Baxter, Sophie, & Bailey

retiredhappy

Postby Bethers » Thu Sep 18, 2008 7:54 pm

Karen,
Check what it would cost for 3 days - pick up Wed morning, return maybe Friday night or Sat morning? That would let us do SA, Stonehenge, Fredericksburg and even the granite - for all that want to go there and maybe some other places around? One of the folks here just got a rental car with a great deal - so hopefully we can do the same. Not sure which rental car companies are available there - but we are an adventurous group - we'll figure this out :)
Beth
“Dare to live the life you have dreamed for yourself. Go forward and make your dreams come true.” ~ Ralph Waldo Emerson ~
"He who treasures the small things in life has found the path to true happiness"
Bethers

Postby rvgrammy1953 » Thu Sep 18, 2008 9:14 pm

:lol: Oh, Karen.....can't wait to see the shirt.....He'll get such a charge out of it..... :lol:

Lori
ImageImage
Lori, Ernie & Spinner
2008 Toyota Tundra
rvgrammy1953

Postby retiredhappy » Fri Sep 19, 2008 11:23 am

Checked on van - Kerrville has one place where we can get a van, National. $69.50 a day or about $230 for 3 days with 450 miles - that's about $30 per person. How does that sound?
Karen West
Baxter, Sophie, & Bailey

retiredhappy

Postby Sunseeker » Fri Sep 19, 2008 11:45 am

Sounds reasonable, but not sure I'd necessesarily want to go all 3 days. I'd sure like to see lots of those things, tho.
Sunseeker Jill
Image,Image
Sunseeker

Return to General Talk