Girls week at the Beach

Talk about anything under the sun! Just remember to be respectful of others.

Girls week at the Beach

Postby NakedPupsAndMe » Tue Sep 16, 2008 7:43 am

2 of the naked pups & I are spending a week at the beach by ourselves. Hubby & I came down last week, but we weren't ready to go home. So we are staying this week by ourselves, & I am LOVIN' it! The first thing I did was buy tie down straps for the awning. I was told by DH they won't work, & he was wrong. Last night was the first night I wasn't awakened by the awning rattling the RV.
Here is our Home Sweet Home here -

I put up a little fence under the awning so the pups can hang out with me & don't have to be leashed

hubby working on my bike last week. We got here & I had a flat tire. One more trip to WalMart!

The beach is a few feet from our door. I love this view.

The girls enjoying the view from their "balcony". They love the dash.

We took a couple of side trips. Down to Pawleys Island & Mt Pleasant. I'll post some pics later. I could get used to this. I remember now why I love camping!! :D
NakedPupsAndMe

Re: Girls week at the Beach

Postby dpf » Tue Sep 16, 2008 9:05 am

I love having the rig to myself! My DH likes to camp...but not nearly as much as I do. I've spent lots of time at the campground by myself. When the boys were young, after I had spent almost my entire summer break at ballgames or swim meets I would take what was called my "Mother's Retreat" and go to the campground for a week by myself just before school started. My friends could come and visit but were told to leave husbands and kids at home! At first some of them thought I was being a little selfish, but after they came and stayed a day or two they discovered how relaxing it was...two friends bought campers shortly after they spent time with me and a third is buying our TT this week.
My mind works like lightning...one brilliant flash and it's gone.
dpf

Postby Sunseeker » Tue Sep 16, 2008 9:39 am

What a nice set up, it just 'screams' relaxation! It's nice that you're able to take some 'me' time! Where is your beach located? I love how the sand and waves are mere feet away. Your girls look like they're really enjoying the adventure, too.

REALLY love those flamingo lights. I have to get some of those!
Sunseeker Jill
also Tommy and furkids Sami and Molly
Image,Image
Sunseeker

Postby NakedPupsAndMe » Tue Sep 16, 2008 10:30 am

We are in Myrtle Beach. It's the closest one for us. It is relaxing. And I love the flamingos too. My Mom found them in a little shop on a clearance sale. I bought the last 4 strands they had.

I just saw something I must have. A dog trailer to pull behind my bike. I love riding my bike here, but I won't stay gone long b/c I'm worried that the girls will bark. I would love to take them with me. Have any of you ever used one?
NakedPupsAndMe

Postby Bethers » Tue Sep 16, 2008 2:20 pm

I love Myrtle Beach this time of year - and can see why looking at your pics again. I went there for the first time last year. Now, I love it here at the beach in TX, too - and again, it's great now - the kids have to be back for school, so the beach is pretty much deserted, and the temps are cooling off a tad.

Enjoy - looks so relaxing and peaceful - glad you were able to stay longer.
Beth
“Dare to live the life you have dreamed for yourself. Go forward and make your dreams come true.” ~ Ralph Waldo Emerson ~
"He who treasures the small things in life has found the path to true happiness"
Bethers

Postby Mollysmom » Tue Sep 16, 2008 6:14 pm

Wow does that look nice !!! I'm envious :D
I've never tried the dog bike trailer but I think it'd be a great idea ! Sure worth a try anyway !!!
Mollysmom

Postby avalen » Tue Sep 16, 2008 6:56 pm

what great pictures, and the beach is awesome, can certainly understand the pups
liking "their" view from the dash. Enjoy your me time.
Somewhere with Ava and Maggie
avalen

Postby Getupngo » Tue Sep 16, 2008 7:42 pm

Your girls are SO cute. My little lhasa loves the dash too ... my corgi mix will jump up on the captains chair and HONK the MH horn. :lol: Your setup does look like home-away-from-home ... love the beach view & the doggie yard. Wonderful idea!
Janice traveling solo in a 2008 Four Winds Windsport
Navigator: Annie the miniature poodle
2011 Honda CRV toad

Getupngo

Postby Cedar518 » Wed Sep 17, 2008 5:44 am

What a fantastic place to camp! I love it! I'm so glad for you that you have another week to enjoy it all. The pups are adorable, too. I have read several books that are set in Pawley's Island and Sullivan Island. They are by Dorthea Benton Frank. I really enjoyed her writing style.

Enjoy your time there!
Cedar518

Postby NakedPupsAndMe » Wed Sep 17, 2008 5:55 am

Cedar518 wrote:What a fantastic place to camp! I love it! I'm so glad for you that you have another week to enjoy it all. The pups are adorable, too. I have read several books that are set in Pawley's Island and Sullivan Island. They are by Dorthea Benton Frank. I really enjoyed her writing style.

Enjoy your time there!

I have read all her books! I got them b/c they are set in areas I know, but I like her writing as well! :D
NakedPupsAndMe

Postby Barbzeee » Wed Sep 17, 2008 8:03 am

Micki, ON answer to your aunt problem and not the human kind LOL what I do especially remembering that area.. and any where I park... I spray the lines and electrical cord and even around the tires.. those aunts just come in all over... that has always helped me... and don't have any when finished... You see, just like them rats on a ship.. they climb in through the electrical cord and go up around the tires...sneaky little suckers.. but that's what I do...just make sure you coat that cord good and into the well ... Also Micki... for fleas.. and I've done this for over 30 years.. (and who says they don't get fleas at dog shows..) but a very old trick... I dust my rug and furniture with 20 mule team borax.. as it will dry up the eggs that are layed..and won't hatch.. I do this when I come back from shows...and let it set in the rig ..over night or two.. then go out and vacuum through... in fact a lot of kennels do their grass runs periodically with it as it's also a disinfect and won't hurt the enviroment... just a few hints.. if ya care to use them.. You can't buy it in the larger containers but you can purchase it at Walmarts.. amazing stuff and I also use it in the dog beds... even though I treat with Advantex...you have to go the next step... I sure became a believer since I've not had problems ..at first when I showed this lady's dogs years ago and she gave me this product.. I thought another crazy lady ..but boy I sure learned... but do remember when dusting.. (like a dust cropper) to vacuum.. LOL someone I gave this tidbit too.. said, her dog's didn't like going in their beds.. why???? cause she never vacuumed them out LOL.... oh and too it's also an odor cleaner as well.. it keeps things clean for sure... Ok.. that's my saga... if you need any more info..gladly help...

God Bless
Barbzeee and Crew

Just go with the flow !

http://barbzeee.blogspot.com/

Barbzeee

Postby NakedPupsAndMe » Wed Sep 17, 2008 9:08 am

Thanks Barbzeee!! I'm going to spray all my lines & tires! It's the little teeny ants. They are around the sink areas in kit & bath. So grateful we don't have any fleas but I will definitely get the 20 mule team borax. Better safe than sorry. ;) Thanks for the tips. I need all I can get!! :D
NakedPupsAndMe

Postby oregontocal » Wed Sep 17, 2008 9:54 am

That beach is beautiful. If you've ever seen the movie, "October Sky," true story about NASA rocket scientist Homer Hickham, there's a part when his mother threatens to leave their coal-miner father and move to Myrtle Beach. Now I can see why!
oregontocal

Return to General Talk