On the Road Again

Talk about anything under the sun! Just remember to be respectful of others.

On the Road Again

Postby SeeyaGal » Fri Sep 05, 2008 12:34 pm

Aaaah feels good to be on the road again and now starting our journey South. We had a great day traveling yesterday sunny and cool. Arrived to Chimicum up on the Peninsula just after noon to visit our friends Brent & Diane at their lot at the Escapee Park. I'll take photo's of their lot today so you can see how they fixed it up cute. Tomorrow we go to Port Townsend to see the Wooden Ships out in the harbor and go shopping. I just LOVE the stores there!! I will gladly spend Dan's money! :lol:
leaving Puyallup/ Tacoma you have to cross over the Narrows bridge. The bridge to the right is the 2nd one, the first one totally collapsed back in the 30's-40's from a nasty storm. The bridge to the left is the new one and people coming into Tacoma have to pay a toll fee.
Having the new bridge was a must have because the bridge is narrow and if a wreak happens on it NOONE can get across ,so the bridges are now only one way to prevent that happening ever again. Kinda scary going across it because you are high above the water.

Image We had to wait for the Hood Canel bridge to close after letting a sailboat go through so I jumped out of the motorhome to take this photo.
Life is not measured by the number of breaths we take, but by the moments that take our breath away
Seeyagal
http://i484.photobucket.com/albums/rr20 ... G_0053.jpg
SeeyaGal

Location: Full-Timers since Aug 2001, on the road, Summer in Washington, Winters Yuma AZ

Re: On the Road Again

Postby Getupngo » Fri Sep 05, 2008 1:12 pm

Jenny, you and Dan have a great trip. I'm pushing off here in a few days as well.
Janice traveling solo in a 2008 Four Winds Windsport
Navigator: Annie the miniature poodle
2011 Honda CRV toad

Getupngo

Postby Bethers » Fri Sep 05, 2008 4:03 pm

Ah, Jenny, this is the time of year I love up there - you actually have more sun than clouds, just as your beautiful pictures show.

Have a great trip - hope you are taking your time and going to enjoy every minute of it.
Beth
“Dare to live the life you have dreamed for yourself. Go forward and make your dreams come true.” ~ Ralph Waldo Emerson ~
"He who treasures the small things in life has found the path to true happiness"
Bethers

Postby Shirlv » Fri Sep 05, 2008 5:45 pm

Jenny, I do love your pictures, you are so talented.
Shirl
Maryland

She believed she could, so she did..R.S. Grey
Shirlv

Postby rvgrammy1953 » Fri Sep 05, 2008 9:14 pm

Jenny.... I remember the Narrows Bridge from when I lived in the area in the early 70s.....have a good trip....love the photos!!!

Lori
ImageImage
Lori, Ernie & Spinner
2012 Open Range Roamer 5er
2008 Toyota Tundra
http://grammyandpapaswildadventure.blogspot.com
rvgrammy1953

Postby asirimarco » Sat Sep 06, 2008 7:52 am

Beautiful area - a few years back when we went through there we even priced lots and houses there. Loved it - neat little town too. Enjoy it - travel safe.
asirimarco

Postby SeeyaGal » Sun Sep 07, 2008 7:08 pm

I've updated my blog so posted alot of photos there, gotta post all the boats from the wooden boat festival.....awesome boats with their tall sails in Port Townsend.
Life is not measured by the number of breaths we take, but by the moments that take our breath away
Seeyagal
http://i484.photobucket.com/albums/rr20 ... G_0053.jpg
SeeyaGal

Location: Full-Timers since Aug 2001, on the road, Summer in Washington, Winters Yuma AZ

Postby avalen » Sun Sep 07, 2008 7:37 pm

lovely pictures, I must confess I didn't know you had a blog, some days I just
don't pay attention, but I looked it up and what a great blog!! Thank you for
sharing.
Somewhere with Ava and Maggie
avalen

Return to General Talk