Do we want a new room on these?

Talk about anything under the sun! Just remember to be respectful of others.

Do you want a new room for product suggestions/recommendations?

Poll ended at Thu Sep 04, 2008 8:50 pm

Yes, one room for all recommendations
71%
Yes, rv related only
5%
Yes, one section for rv related, another for non-rv related
10%
No, just keep it in the general area
14%

Total votes : 21

Do we want a new room on these?

Postby Bethers » Mon Aug 25, 2008 8:47 pm

OK - here's putting it to a vote. Do we want a room just for giving suggestions, favorite products, etc? It might be easier to find them later? And if so, do we want to divide it into 2 sections - for rv related (like the lp extension), and non-rv products (like candles, for example).

Vote and give your opinions, please.
Beth
“Dare to live the life you have dreamed for yourself. Go forward and make your dreams come true.” ~ Ralph Waldo Emerson ~
"He who treasures the small things in life has found the path to true happiness"
Bethers

Re: Do we want a new room on these?

Postby Echo » Mon Aug 25, 2008 9:12 pm

I'd try just one room for now. Maybe divide it up at a later date after ya see how it's going. Most everything is gonna be RV related in one way or another. If ya start to things into separate rooms depending on category? It might run away with itself. Ya know electrical, mechanical, mods, decor, toads, tires, ie. safety, etc. :shock: The list could be endless. LOL Inside. Outside. hehehehehe
Echo
Who is a work camper of 4 seasons,
and now has a truck & travel trailer to live in!
Co-horts: daughter Kelly & 'Shade' the Pom.

Echo

Postby dpf » Mon Aug 25, 2008 9:14 pm

I think it would be a fantastic idea to have a recommended product board. I know that I asked about the green bags and received many useful recommendations. I'm going to try them...just haven't had a chance to buy them yet. We all watch commercials and wonder if the product is as good as they say...hate to waste our coins on useless junk. It's nice to hear what others who we know and trust think of a product either it be for our RV or our daily personal use.
My mind works like lightning...one brilliant flash and it's gone.
dpf

Postby Cedar518 » Tue Aug 26, 2008 5:48 am

I vote YES! it's up to Bethers if it's one room or two,....

It's so nice to be able to share things and be able to post links here. One of the 999 reasons I really love THIS forum!

Thanks Beth!
Cedar518

Postby Getupngo » Tue Aug 26, 2008 6:06 am

Beth,

I don't necessarily know if I want a separate room for product discussions. I'll tell ya ... if I get a new toy for my RV it would be hard for me to restrain myself from posting on the "general" board. I tend to read that board far more than others ... and for us to give one another product advice I would rather read & respond to those posts there.

I guess the question has to do with context. New people (and some of us dusty oldies) want to ask what systems people use for towing, what are the best / most popular toads, how to handle "road wander," or even what is the best tank treatment. To reach the broadest group of readers, I always think the "general" category works best.

That's just my $.02.
Janice traveling solo in a 2008 Four Winds Windsport
Navigator: Annie the miniature poodle
2011 Honda CRV toad

Getupngo

Postby Shirlv » Tue Aug 26, 2008 7:15 am

Beth,
Great idea. I have already taken one of the recommendations from here. I bought two cable tv quick connect from Radio Shack ($1.99 ea).
Shirl
Maryland

She believed she could, so she did..R.S. Grey
Shirlv

Postby rvgrammy1953 » Tue Aug 26, 2008 8:16 am

:lol: :lol: Oh, thank God.... :lol: ...thought you wanted to have a room to discuss politics.....and living with Ernie and his opinions right now has me about ready to scream... :twisted: :twisted: :lol: :lol:

Anyways......don't we already have 2 rooms for RV related items and issues........so a room for products sounds good to me.....

Lori
ImageImage
Lori, Ernie & Spinner
2012 Open Range Roamer 5er
2008 Toyota Tundra
http://grammyandpapaswildadventure.blogspot.com
rvgrammy1953

Postby Barbzeee » Tue Aug 26, 2008 10:31 am

Hey Lori... oh I don't know if I could handle that for too long LOL Where's the Duct Tape :)

Wait..don't we have the Gadgets and Gizzmos.. wouldn't that also be products......? Too many Rooms and you are
searching all over... by the time you're done .. you may need a rest ... :roll:

My two cents worth is just keep it simple..

God Bless

Barbzeee and Crew

Just go with the flow !

http://barbzeee.blogspot.com/

Barbzeee

Postby Bethers » Tue Aug 26, 2008 6:43 pm

OK, Zee - yep, you have that right - Gadgets and Gizmos should cover all products -

Karen, if you want to ask about something general, yep, the general room should be the place, but if you want to give a specific product recommendation, I think it would be good to have that in the Gadgets and Gizmos room - like the recent post on candles and the one before that on the RV Wash product.

What I'll be doing is moving those 2 threads to that room - and that is where we should post those types of threads.

Thanks for the input - and hope you all understand what I'm doing. I actually think I'm doing what all of you voted LOL - even if that's not how it looks :)
Beth
“Dare to live the life you have dreamed for yourself. Go forward and make your dreams come true.” ~ Ralph Waldo Emerson ~
"He who treasures the small things in life has found the path to true happiness"
Bethers

Postby Cedar518 » Tue Aug 26, 2008 6:49 pm

Sounds fine,.... I'd actually forgotten about the G&G room,... so that will take care of it. Now I just have to remember to check that room. Whew,....this forum is soooooooooooooo great with all the features and all the different ways to communicate. We're in high cotton here! :D
Cedar518

Return to General Talk