Sunshine in North Creek!

Talk about anything under the sun! Just remember to be respectful of others.

Sunshine in North Creek!

Postby Cedar518 » Sun Aug 24, 2008 7:10 pm

The Upper Hudson Bluegrass Festival! Upper Hudson refers to the Hudson River which ends in NY City,... and is born in the Adirondacks,... the upper stretch of it flowing through the town of North Creek. This is Dave Nichols (on mandolin) and Spare Change,... Dave does custom pearl inlay work for many famous performers. He's a northern NY native. His wife Nadine on bass. He also donates a guitar and case for each festival to be raffled off with all proceeds going to the support of the next year's festival. A generous and wonderful friend!

This is Hank and Irene on the left and in center. Both are just over 80 years old and still traveling to festivals and enjoying friends gathering at their camper to "jam" with them. Irene has the sweetest voice,...here she was singing an old Appalachian ballad. I could hang out with them for hours!

A new favorite of mine. Beartracks. A very professional sound here. And Julie Venne-Hogan in the middle absolutely bounces her way through each song as she plays the bass guitar. Her cousin Junior Barber on dobro on left and her brother Tom Venne on lead guitar on right.

A great weekend of sunshine (finally!) and wonderful talent and music,.... gotta love it!
Cedar518

Re: Sunshine in North Creek!

Postby oliveoil » Sun Aug 24, 2008 7:27 pm

Wow great pictures---- if we could only hear them playing!!!!!!!!!!!!! :D

I play washboard with three different Blue Grass bands------ the one I play with the most is the "Prairie Goose Stompers" we have played on "Voice Of America" that was broadcast to 90 some different countries!

We have seldom missed one of the festivals at Winfield, Ks. since they started----- www.wvfest.com but we are going to have to miss this year-------

We LOVE Blue Grass!!!!!!!!!!
oliveoil

Postby Bethers » Sun Aug 24, 2008 10:29 pm

Cedar,
I'm so glad everything worked so well to make your weekend the best it could be - great weather, great music, great friends!

Love having the pics and stories also!
Beth
“Dare to live the life you have dreamed for yourself. Go forward and make your dreams come true.” ~ Ralph Waldo Emerson ~
"He who treasures the small things in life has found the path to true happiness"
Bethers

Postby Cedar518 » Mon Aug 25, 2008 7:40 am

Whooohooo, OO,
....that festival looks great. Wish i could get there as i'm a big Byron Berline fan. I get a kick out of the "Land Rush" on the web site. Folks do have their favorite spots on the grounds and rush to get there. I"m going two days earlier next year to Brandon, VT, just to get my spot on the back row by the pond. Farther to walk to the stage area, but oh so pretty back there for camping.

If you ever get up this way we'll have a jam session!
Cedar518

Postby avalen » Mon Aug 25, 2008 8:50 pm

Cedar you have so much fun, I wanna hang out with you!! :lol:
Back in my old married days we used to do weekends at our cabin, friends
were always over, someone played guitar, hubby played the jug and I played
the juice harp, somebody had a harmonica but can't remember who it was.
I sure enjoyed playing my juice harp though, don't know what ever happened
to it, it got lost somewhere along the line.
Somewhere with Ava and Maggie
avalen

Postby dpf » Mon Aug 25, 2008 9:33 pm

Nothing to do with your weekend Cedar...but we get a weekly Farm Forum magazine and they had an article about the Chalet...a new one with a dormer end that raises the height of the rig on one end and adds a bathroom...just wanted you to know that I thought about you and went to the website to check it out.
My mind works like lightning...one brilliant flash and it's gone.
dpf

Postby Cedar518 » Tue Aug 26, 2008 5:51 am

I've seen that new model of Chalet on their website, Pat. Looks good to me. Unfortunately no local dealers here any more. I think it has a hydraulic roof assist of some sort too. That roof is getting heavier,.... or are my old(er) arms getting flabby? HAHA :lol:
Cedar518

Return to General Talk