Yikes, a snake!

Talk about anything under the sun! Just remember to be respectful of others.

Yikes, a snake!

Postby retiredhappy » Fri Aug 08, 2008 4:32 pm

Was walking up to the office and almost stepped on a snake crossing the driveway. I jumped 2' up and 4' back, yelling S.. of a B.....! Just a harmless bullsnake about 4' long. Yelled at one of the guys to come get it and move it away from the campers. We don't want to kill them because they keep rattlers away and mice. The following pictures are of the KOA crew and a camper trying to capture this poor little snake without hurting it. You'll notice we keep acquiring people but finally one camper had the courage to grab it behind the head and put it in the bag. You will also notice there is not picture of the snake - I'm not going to get that close. At one point the snake came towards us and you've never seen 3 women move so fast - backwards. Also, no picture of that, was way too busy moving backwards.

Finally captured it and moved it waaaaaay back to an open field, away from the campers including me.
Karen West
Baxter, Sophie, & Bailey

retiredhappy

Re: Yikes, a snake!

Postby asirimarco » Fri Aug 08, 2008 4:42 pm

poor little thing was probably scared to death.
Now this is a snake - and yes that is me - about 10 years ago - it was my son's pet and it lived at my house. This is before it got REALLY big.
asirimarco

Postby Cedar518 » Fri Aug 08, 2008 5:07 pm

Holy Mackerel Andy!
:o
Cedar518

Postby JanJer » Fri Aug 08, 2008 5:46 pm

Pretty snake...how big did it get? Does he still have it?

Jan
ImageImage
Roughin' It Smoothly
Jan, Jerry, Roada the Chi and Sass the Cockatiel
JanJer

Postby Bethers » Fri Aug 08, 2008 5:57 pm

I know there are good snakes -however, I don't know one from another and every snake is a scary snake in my mind.

Carol, you have guts - lol - I'd be shaking in my - well, you know - I'd be shakin'.
Beth
“Dare to live the life you have dreamed for yourself. Go forward and make your dreams come true.” ~ Ralph Waldo Emerson ~
"He who treasures the small things in life has found the path to true happiness"
Bethers

Postby retiredhappy » Fri Aug 08, 2008 7:05 pm

Don't think he was as scared as he was totally ticked off. For a small snake he had a pretty impressive hiss and strike.
Karen West
Baxter, Sophie, & Bailey

retiredhappy

Postby avalen » Fri Aug 08, 2008 9:07 pm

ok, I don't like snakes, however, I am not afraid of them really, unless its big enough
to squeeze the life out of me, I just would not let it wrap around any part of me. But
if someone was holding it I would not be afraid to touch it.
Somewhere with Ava and Maggie
avalen

Return to General Talk