News Story Made me Cry

Talk about anything under the sun! Just remember to be respectful of others.

News Story Made me Cry

Postby Bethers » Thu Aug 07, 2008 7:57 pm

I'm absolutely furious that 2 innocent dogs were shot to death in a raid that should never have happened.

Don't get me wrong, I am not anti-police - but reading this story - I just cried and cried for the dogs and their human owners. And to think the owners were the mayor and his wife of the same city.

Police Raid Maryland Mayor's home and Kill His Dogs
Beth
“Dare to live the life you have dreamed for yourself. Go forward and make your dreams come true.” ~ Ralph Waldo Emerson ~
"He who treasures the small things in life has found the path to true happiness"
Bethers

Re: News Story Made me Cry

Postby retiredhappy » Thu Aug 07, 2008 8:26 pm

Its just this kind of police action that makes people not trust them. This particular department has had a lot of problems. I hope these people sue the pants off the police department. Having worked for a police department for many years, I am aware that there are some officers that have a real attitude problem and unfortunately it is often small town departments where this attitude shows itself. I with Beth, this makes me see red!!!!!!!
Karen West
Baxter, Sophie, & Bailey

retiredhappy

Postby SeeyaGal » Thu Aug 07, 2008 11:05 pm

They did not even know that was the Mayer's house....let alone busting in and killling the dogs....I'd get the nasty Lawyer and SUE!!!!

Just heard on the news here JUST NOW that a Auburn lady shot a neighbor's dog to death! She's arrested!! She shot it because it barked too much! Good Grief!!!
Life is not measured by the number of breaths we take, but by the moments that take our breath away
Seeyagal
http://i484.photobucket.com/albums/rr20 ... G_0053.jpg
SeeyaGal

Location: Full-Timers since Aug 2001, on the road, Summer in Washington, Winters Yuma AZ

Postby Gentleladybear » Fri Aug 08, 2008 4:45 am

DId any of you see this interview on TV? I did, the wife here did not look like she was really crying, she appeared to be faking that. I feel sorry for the dogs but something isn't right in this situation. We need to find out what the rest of the story is here. The officers need to be punished for shooting defenseless animals, but there is more to this story!! How does any police officer not know who the Mayor is, he is their boss in our town and you can bet every one of them knows who he is. If this is indeed a small town within a big town, everyone would know him. Again, I believe all of this story has not come out yet. It is a shame that the dogs are the victims but keep your eyes and ears on this story.

Nan
Nan
Gentleladybear

Return to General Talk