3 days in southern Utah

Talk about anything under the sun! Just remember to be respectful of others.

3 days in southern Utah

Postby mtngal » Tue Aug 05, 2008 6:54 pm

Good evening ladies, here is a question for you.....
IF you had just three days AND were traveling by car, staying in motels (horrors!).......
What is your route and what is on your must see and do list in southern Utah? This will be my first time to this area.....
Diana
mtngal

Re: 3 days in southern Utah

Postby carold » Tue Aug 05, 2008 7:42 pm

I'm not sure how south you'll be or if it is the east, west or straight across, but I wouldn't miss Zion, Bryce or the Grand Staircase. I would try at least a drive thru these areas and plan for longer later. Or just pick one and see it well. St. George is also a pretty place. Hope it helps, and others might have even better ideas. carold
carold

Postby retiredhappy » Tue Aug 05, 2008 7:50 pm

Depending on how far south, Antelope Canyon, one of the slot canyons, in Page AZ right on the border. Absolutely gorgeous!!!
Any of that area is beautiful - red rock country. Moab, Utah - take a boat ride up the Colorado thru some steep canyon areas.
Karen West
Baxter, Sophie, & Bailey

retiredhappy

Postby Bethers » Tue Aug 05, 2008 11:47 pm

Oh my gosh - if you only have 3 days - don't sleep LOL -

Yes, I say drive through Zion and drive through Zion again

As for the rest - all of Southern Utah is absolutely gorgeous - but pick any of the rest based on how much time you have left over after you visit Zion - yes it IS worth the time you take there - and if you can do it in a day - then look at what you can drive to. Every state park I passed and spent time at driving through southern Utah was worth it and I could name places on either side of Zion to see - but in 3 days you don't have time to go both ways - so just make sure you go through Zion, then do whatever you want - you won't be disappointed.
Beth
“Dare to live the life you have dreamed for yourself. Go forward and make your dreams come true.” ~ Ralph Waldo Emerson ~
"He who treasures the small things in life has found the path to true happiness"
Bethers

Postby Getupngo » Tue Aug 05, 2008 11:48 pm

Can you plan this trip for October? It's fiery-furnace hot there right now. :shock:
Tsssssttttttt!!

Bryce Canyon is spectacular ... stay at Ruby's Inn. A trip to Moab and Arches
National Park there is wonderful. Then to Zion National Park. I would also
drive through the spectacular San Raphael Swell. If you go to St. George, also
visit Snow Canyon.

Have a good trip!
Janice traveling solo in a 2008 Four Winds Windsport
Navigator: Annie the miniature poodle
2011 Honda CRV toad

Getupngo

Postby SeeyaGal » Wed Aug 06, 2008 12:45 am

Three days? lordy it is going to be hard to do in only three days....too much beauty out there indeed!! Bryce for sure and Zion...breathtaking!!
Life is not measured by the number of breaths we take, but by the moments that take our breath away
Seeyagal
http://i484.photobucket.com/albums/rr20 ... G_0053.jpg
SeeyaGal

Location: Full-Timers since Aug 2001, on the road, Summer in Washington, Winters Yuma AZ

Postby mtngal » Wed Aug 06, 2008 8:28 am

Hi again! Sorry I was so vague......this will be just a detour for me on my return trip from CA to Austin, that's why it's only three days, mostly a drive through. And, it will be in mid-October! Hopefully the trees will have some color in addition to the red rock. Thanks for all the ideas....
Diana
mtngal

Postby asirimarco » Thu Aug 07, 2008 7:39 am

Monument Valley is magnificent. If you stand real quiet you can still hear John Wayne riding through.
asirimarco

Return to General Talk