What happened to Paulette

Talk about anything under the sun! Just remember to be respectful of others.

What happened to Paulette

Postby Marslet » Sun Aug 03, 2008 7:36 am

Was reading Barbs post this morning, and checked the posts, but can't find anything about Paulette. Could someone please let us know what happened?

Marslet

Marslet

Re: What happened to Paulette

Postby avalen » Sun Aug 03, 2008 8:02 am

me too, I'm in the dark
Paulette!! what happen???
Somewhere with Ava and Maggie
avalen

Postby Paulette » Sun Aug 03, 2008 8:13 am

I posted on Saturday morning's post...

Short recap...I'm leaving today on a trip to NC and to FL and then home...3 weeks. Was planning on taking my jeep along, however, when I got home from the grocery store yesterday and decided I needed to gather the tow equipment together to get her ready, I realized that someone had stolen the backpack that was in my jeep that held the contents of my tow gear...safety cables, wire harness, pins that go into front of jeep to hook tow bar to...I was absolutely ill! Oh, they also stole my gps. It was in my glove box but it wasn't locked. See, I just trust in the goodness and honesty of human beings. I guess I trust too much and now I should be wearing that (I) for Idiot on my forehead! I always figured that the jeep is a soft top, so even if locked, they can get in really easy. I scrambled around for a bit...called the RV place to see if I could get replacements, but come to find out that I will have to order the pins from Blue Ox as they come with the base plate package, and will probably have to the the RV place tomake me a new wire because the end that connects to the MH is specific to the MH.

After being entirely too angry all day yesterday, I turned it over to the Powers that Be and figure it is what it is, everything happens for a reason. I went on line and reserved rental cars in NC and in Ft. Laud for while I'm there.

It just makes me ill that people will take stuff that doesn't belong to them...Hell, ask me for it and I would probably give it to you, but don't STEAL!

(Hm, that wasn't really a short recap, was it.)

Anyway, I thank all you ladies for your hugs and good thoughts. I've just about got everything in FRED and need to get the GD up and moving so we can head down the road.

Echo, I'll still be there Wednesday evening...Good Lord willing and the river don't rise!

Later
"What lies behind us and what lies before us are tiny matters compared to what lies within us." Ralph Waldo Emerson
Paulette

Postby mtngal » Sun Aug 03, 2008 8:16 am

Paulette, have a fun and exciting (or relaxing) trip! And don't forget your book....
Diana
mtngal

Postby rvgrammy1953 » Sun Aug 03, 2008 8:25 am

Oh, Paulette....what a bummer!!! Hope, like you, that the pins don't work and the person drops the bag on his foot and breaks a few bones....lol...
Glad to hear you are making lemonade out of the lemons of life and did the car rental thing.....go and have a grand time....we're thinking of you...

Lori
ImageImage
Lori, Ernie & Spinner
2012 Open Range Roamer 5er
2008 Toyota Tundra
http://grammyandpapaswildadventure.blogspot.com
rvgrammy1953

Postby JanJer » Sun Aug 03, 2008 8:32 am

Geeze Paulette, so sorry to hear that, what a bummer! Sad that you can't leave things unlocked anymore. I don't leave anything unlocked!

Jan
ImageImage
Roughin' It Smoothly
Jan, Jerry, Roada the Chi and Sass the Cockatiel
JanJer

Postby avalen » Sun Aug 03, 2008 8:38 am

oh no, so sorry Paulette, the creep probably thought it had something
he could use and I hope he gets lost with the gps, but more than likely
it will end up in a pawn shop. I would be totally pist too, and would have
thought the same thing about being a soft top on the jeep that they
could get in anyway if they wanted to steal. ((((((((Paulette))))))))
Somewhere with Ava and Maggie
avalen

Postby Sunseeker » Sun Aug 03, 2008 8:53 am

I took a flight last spring and used transport from home to airport. After checking my bags and passing through intense security, I was about 45 minutes from my flight and realized I hadn't locked my car back home in the driveway of my (vacant) rental property. Not knowing what neighbor to trust with the info that it was unlocked, I suddenly remembered "onstar".

Of course, I didn't know my account number...it's in the car (silly), but the gal walked me through some personal questions and was eventually able to access my car's signal. We joked a little about some of the answers to the clues I had set on my account, and as she got a satellite reading I told her what a great service they had. I was finally able to relax and board the flight without that dread and worry.

By the way, she discovered it had been locked all along :roll: :)
Sunseeker Jill
also Tommy and furkids Sami and Molly
Image,Image
Sunseeker

Postby AlmostThere » Sun Aug 03, 2008 9:03 am

Jill, some things we do so automatic that when we stop to question ourselves we have no recollection of having done them at all. Glad Onstar came through so you can have peace of mind while you are away.
AlmostThere

Postby retiredhappy » Sun Aug 03, 2008 9:08 am

Oh Paulette - so sorry - its a shame that a person can't be so trusting anymore. Forget about it for a while and have a great trip. As for the "On Star" story - the minute I get in my car and away from home I can't remember if I turned the coffee pot off. I now have one that shuts itself off after a time.
Karen West
Baxter, Sophie, & Bailey

retiredhappy

Postby Sunseeker » Sun Aug 03, 2008 9:19 am

Oh Karen...me too! I think I bought one of the original 2 hour timer coffeemakers. THEN, I started second guessing the iron. I finally just threw that da**ed thing away and bought no iron clothes. Same with the hair straightener chi, so threw it away too, and been curly ever since. Too bad they don't have small appliance "Onstar". It would sure save us lots of worries, huh?

Oh yeah, another thing I second guess is "did I remote the garage door closed"? I haven't figured how to throw that one away yet though :?
Sunseeker Jill
also Tommy and furkids Sami and Molly
Image,Image
Sunseeker

Postby Cedar518 » Sun Aug 03, 2008 3:54 pm

there are some nasty people Paulette,...very nasty. I'm so sorry this happened to you at all, but to get you upset just before your trip is a double-bummer. So now,... go and have a wonderful time in spite of the thief,.... ok?
Cedar518

Postby oliveoil » Sun Aug 03, 2008 8:34 pm

Reminds me of years ago----we had gone to the coast & our then young daughter picked up hermit crabs-----& wanted to bring them all the way back to Kansas-- :shock: :shock: -- Well not too far from the beach those crabs started smelling--- :o :o --& we had them in a Styrofoam chest---so that night when we stopped at a motel for the night--- :) - Hubby put those hermit crabs in that chest just out side of our car like we had for got to put the chest in our car---- :lol: :lol: ---- before we made it to our motel room some guy came along & picked up that chest- :roll: :roll: looked around to see if anyone saw him & took off with that chest--- :shock: :shock: :o :o -- we laughed until we cryed--- :D :D --that guy just stole a really rank & smelly & nasty chest of hermit crabs on sand !!!!! :D :D :D :D :D
I wonder what he thought when he stopped & opened that chest????????? :D :lol: :lol:
oliveoil

Postby Getupngo » Mon Aug 04, 2008 9:54 am

Paulette wrote:... I realized that someone had stolen the backpack that was in my jeep that held the contents of my tow gear...safety cables, wire harness, pins that go into front of jeep to hook tow bar to...I was absolutely ill! Oh, they also stole my gps.

Oh, Paulette. I yelled "OH NO!" out loud when I read your post. I'm so sorry and angry on your behalf.

P.S. That thief is probably scratching her head wondering "what the heck????" ;)
Janice traveling solo in a 2008 Four Winds Windsport
Navigator: Annie the miniature poodle
2011 Honda CRV toad

Getupngo

Postby Marslet » Mon Aug 04, 2008 12:39 pm

I would loved to have seen his face when he opened up the backpack with the weight that had to be something good. What the H--- are these things??????? :lol:
sorry for your loss, but glad to see it isn't holding you back. have a great time.

Marslet

Marslet

Next

Return to General Talk