With the new eye liner - scary me :)

Talk about anything under the sun! Just remember to be respectful of others.

With the new eye liner - scary me :)

Postby Bethers » Thu Jul 31, 2008 6:12 pm

Here's a close-up shot of me with the new eye-liner the way people will see me (with my glasses):

And to show you it better - without my glasses:

Dang, I hate taking pics of myself - and I didn't comb my hair, apply any other make-up or put on earrings, lol - what you see is what you get :) This is 24 hours after application, so eyes are still a bit swollen and there will be the 2nd application and tidying up to do.
Beth
“Dare to live the life you have dreamed for yourself. Go forward and make your dreams come true.” ~ Ralph Waldo Emerson ~
"He who treasures the small things in life has found the path to true happiness"
Bethers

Re: With the new eye liner - scary me :)

Postby NakedPupsAndMe » Thu Jul 31, 2008 6:53 pm

I love it!!! I would never have thought of doing it til I saw your post, but it looks wonderful! :D :D Now I want to do it!
NakedPupsAndMe

Postby retiredhappy » Thu Jul 31, 2008 7:13 pm

Looks great. Was it painful? How do they do your lids? See, I'm full of questions.
Karen West
Baxter, Sophie, & Bailey

retiredhappy

Postby Getupngo » Thu Jul 31, 2008 9:42 pm

Beth, I really like it. Very nice definition. Gee, I was expecting swollen-looking eyes. Hmmm ... I may consider this ....
Janice traveling solo in a 2008 Four Winds Windsport
Navigator: Annie the miniature poodle
2011 Honda CRV toad

Getupngo

Postby AlmostThere » Thu Jul 31, 2008 9:49 pm

Looks good, Beth! She did a great job. Glad you are happy with it. You'll really like it once the swelling goes down and the scabs come off. Remember not to pick at them! lol
AlmostThere

Postby Bethers » Thu Jul 31, 2008 10:14 pm

I promise - no picking. Will be easy, I'll just scratch my mosquito bites instead :)

Karen, yes, it hurts LOL - it's a needle going in and out and in and out and scraping along. She does numb the area, and I have to admit, some hurt and some of it really didn't hurt at all. But I felt like a big baby and a wimp LOL Some of the feeling wasn't pain, just a very strange feeling, like when you're tickled till it's uncomfortable? Can't think of any other way to discribe that. We did quit a little sooner than she would have because I was starting to feel uncomfortable from the swelling - in other words, the needle going in wasn't worse, but when she went to rub more anesthetic on my eye - that did - strange. But it will all get taken care of on the second visit.

I'm not sorry I did it at all, and can't wait for this to completely heal so I can get the 2nd visit over and done with and have the final results. Some places do the 2nd visit in 4 weeks- Connie who did my eyes likes 6 weeks minimum, cuz she says even though the eye looks and feels totally healed in 4, it really isn't, and she prefers to have it completely healed first.

I looked at doing this several years ago and didn't feel comfortable with the person I went to see. This lady made me feel comfortable right away - and being able to see several women she has done, made it very easy to feel good about going to her. I love her lips, but am not willing to go through the pain to have those done, and don't have the desire to do my eyebrows, so the eyeliner is all for me :)
Beth
“Dare to live the life you have dreamed for yourself. Go forward and make your dreams come true.” ~ Ralph Waldo Emerson ~
"He who treasures the small things in life has found the path to true happiness"
Bethers

Postby avalen » Thu Jul 31, 2008 10:23 pm

oh, that looks good, I'm impressed. I like your attitude too, I've said it myself
many many times.........what you see is what you get.
Somewhere with Ava and Maggie
avalen

Postby SeeyaGal » Thu Jul 31, 2008 11:08 pm

Looks good Beth, retake the photo after the swelling is down and your hair done hee-hee
Life is not measured by the number of breaths we take, but by the moments that take our breath away
Seeyagal
http://i484.photobucket.com/albums/rr20 ... G_0053.jpg
SeeyaGal

Location: Full-Timers since Aug 2001, on the road, Summer in Washington, Winters Yuma AZ

Postby dpf » Thu Jul 31, 2008 11:12 pm

Bethers...looks awesome to me...
My mind works like lightning...one brilliant flash and it's gone.
dpf

Postby Gentleladybear » Fri Aug 01, 2008 5:19 am

Beth your eyes really look good, swelling and all. I am very impressed, have heard of this being done but never knew anyone that had it done. It looks good and sure won't run and get in your eyes. Look forward to future pictures as you complete the process.

Nan
Nan
Gentleladybear

Postby Echo » Fri Aug 01, 2008 5:51 am

OH WOW!! That is so kool Beth. I love it. Sure your eyes look a little puffy but that's to be expected. But it looks awesome.

Hmmmmmm! Got me to thinking now. I've got either 13 or 14 tats, none of them caused me a problem. Hmmmmm?
Echo
Who is a work camper of 4 seasons,
and now has a truck & travel trailer to live in!
Co-horts: daughter Kelly & 'Shade' the Pom.

Echo

Postby asirimarco » Fri Aug 01, 2008 7:05 am

looks really good - can't wait to see finished product.
asirimarco

Postby rvgrammy1953 » Fri Aug 01, 2008 7:25 am

OOOOOO.....Beth....it looks so nice and you are so Brave!!! I couldn't do that.....I have a phobia about people messing around mine.....so I'd be a wimp about it...lol.....

Lori
ImageImage
Lori, Ernie & Spinner
2012 Open Range Roamer 5er
2008 Toyota Tundra
http://grammyandpapaswildadventure.blogspot.com
rvgrammy1953

Postby oliveoil » Fri Aug 01, 2008 8:07 am

Well I'm just damn glad you like it--------that is all that matters!!!!!!!! ;)

I have known so many who hated it once they had it done--------or the person who did it---did a bad job on them----or they found they were allergic to the ink----etc/etc-----I must admit I was really concerned for you--------I'm just really really pleased you like it------as I said that is all that matters--- as it doesn't effect any of us!!!!!!!! 8-)

There is no way in he77 I would have it done------ I'm allergic to everything--- & that is not my cup of tea to pay some one to hurt me!!!!!!!! :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

But I think you are cute with or with out that stuff!!!!! But if you like it----- then wonderful!!

And I'm sooooooooooooooooooooooooooooo pleased they did a good job & you had no problems with it!!!!!!!!! That is what matters!
oliveoil

Postby Liz » Fri Aug 01, 2008 8:26 am

Looks good, Beth. Glad it went well for you.
Liz
https://wheresliz2018.blogspot.com
"Life in the presence of God...is a life to be enjoyed every moment of every day." A. W. Tozer
Liz

Next

Return to General Talk