The Leisure Seeker

Talk about anything under the sun! Just remember to be respectful of others.

The Leisure Seeker

Postby Lotus » Tue May 05, 2009 6:11 pm

Hello all. While at the library I checked out a new book titled "The Leisure Seeker" written by Michael Zadoorian. It's about a married couple who've been together for over 50 years. Now in their 80's, the wife has cancer and chose to stop treatment. The husband has Alzheimer's. They want another adventure in their life away from their children and doctors, so kidnap each other and head out in their Leisure Seeker to travel Route 66 and go to Disneyland! Kind of their last honeymoon. I've read about a quarter of it so far. It's humorous. It's realistic. It's sad. Michelle, you shared with us in your very first post about the fact that your DH is in the early stages of Alzheimer's, and I immediately thought of you as I started reading. I suspect I may shed some tears at times, and I know there will be some good laughs also. Just thought some of you ladies might want to read it also. I'm just now thinking that it may fit in the Book section; however, I am going to go ahead and hit publish!! Bethers, feel free to move it if you feel appropriate to do so.

Lotus (Becky)
Lotus

Re: The Leisure Seeker

Postby mitch5252 » Tue May 05, 2009 6:36 pm

I just ordered it from Amazon. (well, I have to go back and find something to bring me up to free shipping, but it's in my basket...)
Sounds like a good read.
Thanks.
mitch5252

Postby BirdbyBird » Tue May 05, 2009 7:13 pm

I'll check it out next time I head to the library.....its always my first stop.....I like Goodwill and half price books. If I am really impatient I someetimes pick up the Walmart or Kroger books. They get some good discounts for volume or so it seems....Thanks for the recommendation.
Tina and the furry companions...Lark, Audrey and Jane
BirdbyBird

Postby bluepinecones » Wed May 06, 2009 12:21 am

Sounds interesting. Thanks for letting us know about it.
The only major handicap in life is a bad attitude!
bluepinecones

Return to General Talk