Dolly

Talk about anything under the sun! Just remember to be respectful of others.

Dolly

Postby asirimarco » Mon Jul 21, 2008 4:16 pm

just been reading about hurricane Dolly - hope none of you are where she is heading.
asirimarco

Re: Dolly

Postby Bethers » Mon Jul 21, 2008 4:21 pm

I am. I'll be putting lots of stuff away tonight in case I have to evacuate tomorrow.

Of course, I have a g/f due to fly in Wed morning- we'll find out tomorrow if that'll be happening, too. Not a time I'd recommend flying it, but I don't think she'll be able to change her tickets - nor do I think she'll be able to get different days off work.

I'm not too nervous yet, but as tonight passes and they follow Dolly's progress, it she heads this way and picks up strength, I'm sure I'll get more so.

As a worker here - we are the last to be able to leave - as we have to get the others out first and board everything up - then we go.
Beth
“Dare to live the life you have dreamed for yourself. Go forward and make your dreams come true.” ~ Ralph Waldo Emerson ~
"He who treasures the small things in life has found the path to true happiness"
Bethers

Postby mtngal » Mon Jul 21, 2008 5:02 pm

Hi Beth, we will all be watching Dolly's progress, take good care of yourself, hopefully Dolly will just bring some much needed rain to Texas. Diana (in Austin)
Diana
mtngal

Postby Bethers » Mon Jul 21, 2008 5:05 pm

Yes, we really do need the rain - and hopefully that's all we get :)
Beth
“Dare to live the life you have dreamed for yourself. Go forward and make your dreams come true.” ~ Ralph Waldo Emerson ~
"He who treasures the small things in life has found the path to true happiness"
Bethers

Postby carold » Mon Jul 21, 2008 5:55 pm

We'll be keeping our EYE out for you. The waiting is always the worst for me. Maybe Dolly will "go back where she belongs. "carold
carold

Postby JanJer » Mon Jul 21, 2008 6:12 pm

Beth, hope Dolly changes her path!! Glad you are getting things ready if she don't. Keep us posted girl.

Jan
ImageImage
Roughin' It Smoothly
Jan, Jerry, Roada the Chi and Sass the Cockatiel
JanJer

Postby retiredhappy » Mon Jul 21, 2008 6:19 pm

Beth, we'll all be watching out for you. Stay safe and keep us posted.
Karen West
Baxter, Sophie, & Bailey

retiredhappy

Postby rvgrammy1953 » Mon Jul 21, 2008 6:25 pm

I'm so glad you checked in, Beth.....Have been thinking of you all day,,,,watching the weather channel on Dolly.....keep us posted...

Lori
ImageImage
Lori, Ernie & Spinner
2012 Open Range Roamer 5er
2008 Toyota Tundra
http://grammyandpapaswildadventure.blogspot.com
rvgrammy1953

Postby Bethers » Mon Jul 21, 2008 6:42 pm

I'll be honest- if I wasn't workamping, I would have packed up today and been out of here until this is over. But, my job requires me to stay - when and if they decide to evacuate, we have to board up here and get the others out first - but I'll be ready to pull out quickly, I hope, when the time comes. Have a full tank of gas - have been packing up all the loose stuff - going to get my chairs, etc in tonight - so all I'll need to do is get help loading the scooter and unhook, etc.

This is a little scary - I keep hoping they're going to show she turned paths (not that I want her to hit anyone else, either - but this was my one fear of coming here during the summer - guess it was bound to happen.

Thanks for caring - and I'll keep touching base - if I pull out in a hurry, you'll hear from me when I land somewhere.
Beth
Bethers

Postby Barbzeee » Mon Jul 21, 2008 6:49 pm

Beth... Im watching and thinking of you... and also praying Dolly turns course... and post when you can... causse all of us here... will be waiting it out too...

God Speed.. and God Bless

Barbzeee and Crew

Just go with the flow !

http://barbzeee.blogspot.com/

Barbzeee

Postby Cedar518 » Mon Jul 21, 2008 7:30 pm

Beth,
hugs from us here in the 'daks,.... let us know you are ok,.... ok?
Cedar518

Postby Bethers » Mon Jul 21, 2008 7:41 pm

It's frustrating cuz the people here just don't worry about it - I guess they have been through it enough times and nothing happens, but all it takes is once. Now, no, this isn't expected to be a Cat 5, or even a Cat 4 - but I really don't want to be riding out any hurricane in my rv - or even a tropical storm - ah, well, funny, I'm the one who doesn't do what I should in tornados, but I'm used to them - a hurricane scares the chit out of me - as would an earthquake. But with an earthquake, you don't have warnings - here we do, and everyone just sits here like nothing is happening. They are saying they'll look at the status, etc in the morning.

Truthfully, it's simply hot out right now - no sign of anything coming - but I do know, no matter what, we'll get rain. I will keep you posted. My inside is battened down, am bringing in my outside stuff now - except I laid my patio umbrella on the ground and tied it to the picnic table. My biggest concern is my scooter - I have it behind a fence barrier, but I can imagine it all coming down. Just got to remember, that's what insurance is for :)

I'm giving it over to my Higher Power - will do what I can to help myself, then will let it lie in His hands.
Beth
Bethers

Postby avalen » Mon Jul 21, 2008 8:43 pm

my higher power tells me to be hooked up and ready to pull out at
a minutes notice, you never know when its gonna hit in the middle of
the night and if all turns out well you can unhook and get comfy again
in a couple days. I like to be prepared.
Somewhere with Ava and Maggie
avalen

Postby Echo » Mon Jul 21, 2008 8:47 pm

Beth you are so right. That is exactly what insurance is for.
As for you and Peaches? If Dolly looks to be heading your way? Get you little bitty tails out of there!!! We are not gonna do a "Flying Beth" story!!!
Good grief now ya got me all nervous for ya!!!
Echo
Who is a work camper of 4 seasons,
and now has a truck & travel trailer to live in!
Co-horts: daughter Kelly & 'Shade' the Pom.

Echo

Postby AlmostThere » Mon Jul 21, 2008 10:04 pm

Doesn't seem right that no one is concerned but you and that you will have to be the last to leave to make sure they make it out ok. Now me? I'd me like a rat and jump ship first! :lol:
AlmostThere

Next

Return to General Talk