Condo on the Market

Talk about anything under the sun! Just remember to be respectful of others.

Condo on the Market

Postby sunshinecruiserTN » Fri Feb 13, 2009 10:43 am

One step closer...signed the paperwork to put my town home on the market for Mar 2. I didn't want it to hit the MLS book until I had a moving sale and got her all spit shined. So next weekend will be my first moving sale, I'm sure it won't be the last but one can hope. Then the next weekend the house cleaner comes in for all day Sat and puts the good smells and shine on everything, at least what's left.

I decided to go ahead and try to get her sold so I could move into my rig and save some money. I figure that will make up the difference I'll would have made on the condo some time ago. Plus it will put more cash in the coffers for when I hit the road. I'm fortunate that I don't have to quit my job and I'll probably hang around past April just to ensure those funds are still coming in with such an unstable economy right now.

I'm feeling excited, apprehensive, scared and totally blown away by all that has to be done and all that I am currently doing. It's coming along and I can't wait to take that first trip when I don't have to be back at any certain time to go back to work.

It is unbelieveable all that has to be done to make this transistion. I am so glad that I began planning when I did.

Keep your fingers & toes crossed that things go well in the moving sale and in the sale of my town home. In addition to everything being crossed, please send up those prayers for me through this trying time of transistion in my life.

Thanks ladies, you all give me strength.
Live, Laugh, Love
TN/FL
sunshinecruiserTN

Re: Condo on the Market

Postby Sparkle » Fri Feb 13, 2009 10:58 am

How exciting! I hope everything goes smoothly for you. And yes, this is a much cheaper way of life than a stick house. If gas prices are high, stay put in your rig, when they drop, like in the winter, then you travel. You'll have a million things to do, and you are probably making lists all over the place, and losing them. But boy, it's worth it! :D
Sparkle

Postby bluepinecones » Fri Feb 13, 2009 11:51 am

FIngers and toes crossed as requested. Good luck. Know you will enjoy all those upcoming adventures!
How about some photos of your yard sale? I love yard sales.
The only major handicap in life is a bad attitude!
bluepinecones

Postby dcricket » Fri Feb 13, 2009 1:18 pm

Best wishes, for your successful transition, successful yard sales, and successful sale of your home. I'm so happy for you and your new journey.
Live, Laugh, Love, Aloha
Donna & Willie
2020 Forrest River Rockwood Mini 2104S Travel Trailer
2017 Chevy Silverado 1500 LTZ 1LZ
dcricket

Postby Liz » Fri Feb 13, 2009 1:30 pm

Congratulations on your big decision and best wishes for a quick sale!
Liz
https://wheresliz2018.blogspot.com
"Life in the presence of God...is a life to be enjoyed every moment of every day." A. W. Tozer
Liz

Postby retiredhappy » Fri Feb 13, 2009 1:51 pm

I'm happy for you - its a great adventure. I LOVE fulltiming and don't miss my stickhouse at all. Even tho I'll keep renting my house I'm starting to think about selling the stuff in my storage unit. Its amazing that stuff I thought I HAD to keep is now stuff in my storage unit that I not only don't miss, but can't really remember exactly what's there. The only thing stopping me is that I'm not allowed to have a sale AT the storage unit so would have to move everything somewhere to sell it.

Good luck on your yard sale and your condo sale.
Karen West
Baxter, Sophie, & Bailey

retiredhappy

Postby Fernie » Fri Feb 13, 2009 1:58 pm

Way to go girl. Good luck on your yard sale and also on selliing your Condo fast!!! Glad for you!!
Handle every stressful situation like a dog..
If you can't eat it or play with it,
Just pee on it and walk away...
Fernie

Postby rvgrammy1953 » Fri Feb 13, 2009 2:14 pm

Best Wishes on all your Sales!!! When sorting remember, it's the memories that are important, not the stuff.....
ImageImage
Lori, Ernie & Spinner
2012 Open Range Roamer 5er
2008 Toyota Tundra
http://grammyandpapaswildadventure.blogspot.com
rvgrammy1953

Postby carold » Fri Feb 13, 2009 3:57 pm

What an exciting time for you. Just keep your eye on the prize and all the possible hiccups and frustrations-if any-will only be memories and tales to tell around the campfire. I couldn't get my DH to get rid of a lot of STUFF and now he is regretting it. It is more difficult to sell when things are in storage. So keep that in mind when you are deciding what to keep and what not. Am looking forward to the rest of the story as it unfolds. carold
carold

Postby sharon » Fri Feb 13, 2009 5:23 pm

Well Heck! Thought you were already fulltime! Good Luck in the sale and transition. What are your plans when you go fulltime?
Only Irish coffee provides in a single glass all four essential food groups: alcohol, caffeine, sugar and fat.

- Alex Levine

<><>
sharon

Postby mtngal » Fri Feb 13, 2009 6:26 pm

My best for a quick sale! and for many fun adventures ahead!
Diana
mtngal

Postby MsBHaven » Fri Feb 13, 2009 9:08 pm

Yahoo! Carolyn! You did it! Good luck with the garage sale(s). If we aren't having ours that weekend I may come hang out with you. OK - the race is on - which one of our homes will sell first. We've still only had one looker thus far. Key West is getting closer and closer for you.
2013 Thor Chateau Citation Sprinter - 24' 10" - 2 slides

Ms"B"Haven (Margie)

3 Chihuahuas (Buddy, Annie, Maggie)
MsBHaven

Postby Bethers » Fri Feb 13, 2009 9:50 pm

Oh, Carolyn, how exciting! You bet that I have fingers, toes, and even (when not driving) eyes crossed for you. And my prayers are for this to go smoothly and happily for you. And you bet, we're all here behind you!
Beth
“Dare to live the life you have dreamed for yourself. Go forward and make your dreams come true.” ~ Ralph Waldo Emerson ~
"He who treasures the small things in life has found the path to true happiness"
Bethers

Postby Nasoosie » Fri Feb 13, 2009 10:36 pm

Good luck, Carolyn! We'll all be watching to see how things are going along! I will be very anxious to see how things turn out for you, and how you prepare to take to the road. I need first-hand lessons on what to do!
Life is about learning to dance in the rain
Happy travels!
ImageImage
Nasoosie

Postby Mollysmom » Sat Feb 14, 2009 12:07 am

WooHoo !!!
Good luck !!!
Yee Ha !!!
Mollysmom

Next

Return to General Talk