Cash for Gold Scam

Talk about anything under the sun! Just remember to be respectful of others.

Cash for Gold Scam

Postby oregontocal » Thu Feb 05, 2009 1:50 pm

I follow a number of money management blogs regularly, among them one called Wisebread. Although most of us probably don't have lots of old gold lying around our RVs, this article is worth the short time it takes to read if it only helps anyone avoid this scam.

"You’ve seen the tacky ads; you’ve been entertained by Ed McMahon and MC Hammer; but hopefully, you haven’t fallen for any of it. Cash4Gold has a simple promise; send them your unwanted gold (and we all have a ton of unwanted valuables lying around I’m sure) and in return they’ll pay “top dollar” for it. But as you’ll see from over 260 complaints to the Better Business Bureau, top dollar certainly doesn’t mean what it used to."

http://www.wisebread.com/so-will-cash4g ... this-story
oregontocal

Re: Cash for Gold Scam

Postby asirimarco » Thu Feb 05, 2009 2:15 pm

A few of the things you have to remember when cashing in on gold in jewelry etc. You do not get paid for the labor involved in making the piece. As in "But I paid xxx for that piece. If gold is selling for $900 a k you do not get that amount UNLESS it is 24k gold and most jewerly is from 10K to 18K.
asirimarco

Re: Cash for Gold Scam

Postby Sparkle » Thu Feb 05, 2009 8:43 pm

Unbelievable what people will do to folks who are probably hurting. It makes me mad. :evil:
Sparkle

Return to General Talk