Historic Distric Mazatlan

Talk about anything under the sun! Just remember to be respectful of others.

Historic Distric Mazatlan

Postby asirimarco » Wed Feb 04, 2009 9:29 am

Got the album uploaded finally - hope you all don't mind looking at it this way but it is easier to just do it once. We spent several hours just wandering around the old district. People (North Americans and Mexicans from the interior) have started to restore this part of the city. They can't make major changes to exteriors. Check out the wiring over the streets and how narrow the streets are. Took the Jeep to explore. I love all the colors of the buildings. And you can see we are getting into more tropical vegetation now. Any way pictures are at http://www.movingon1.com/HistoricMazatlan just right click on address and when done just close and you'll be right back here. Hope you enjoy.
asirimarco

Re: Historic Distric Mazatlan

Postby Bethers » Wed Feb 04, 2009 9:51 am

Great pictures and tour. Thanks!!!
Beth
“Dare to live the life you have dreamed for yourself. Go forward and make your dreams come true.” ~ Ralph Waldo Emerson ~
"He who treasures the small things in life has found the path to true happiness"
Bethers

Postby Liz » Wed Feb 04, 2009 11:35 am

Colorful little town. Looks like a lot of traffic! Thanks for taking us on your tour....I really enjoy your pictures and I appreciate the effort it takes to post them.
Liz
https://wheresliz2018.blogspot.com
"Life in the presence of God...is a life to be enjoyed every moment of every day." A. W. Tozer
Liz

Postby retiredhappy » Wed Feb 04, 2009 3:35 pm

what a great town - love the pictures.
Karen West
Baxter, Sophie, & Bailey

retiredhappy

Postby islandmomma » Wed Feb 04, 2009 6:56 pm

I love Mazatlan. Have been there several times and stayed in the Golden Zone but RV-ing would be an adventure of its own there!! I liked the hawkers of wares on the beach.... is "Henry the Hat Man" still there? I swear that guy likely owns a resort and several limos of his own by now LOL!!

The cliff divers freaked me out enough in Mazatlan...Remind me not to watch in Acapulco OK? Imagine risking life and limb for a few pesos!! Have fun and eat those famous prawns of theirs as often as you can...:) Are you going to Senor Frog's? That was my first and last experience with that chain LOL... My kid was terrified in that place!!

jan
islandmomma

Location: Vancouver Island, BC is my home base but have been 'on the road' since April 18, 2009

Postby Sparkle » Wed Feb 04, 2009 7:07 pm

Since I'm using my laptop on low battery power I'm going to save the pictures as a treat when I have shore power.
Sparkle

Postby mtngal » Wed Feb 04, 2009 7:56 pm

Carol, love the pics! thanks for posting. In June I am going to San Miguel de Allende for a month, have you been there?
Diana
mtngal

Postby avalen » Wed Feb 04, 2009 10:00 pm

great pictures
Somewhere with Ava and Maggie
avalen

Postby Nasoosie » Thu Feb 05, 2009 5:03 pm

More amazing Mexican pictures! Never have I seen pictures that actually made me want to go there some day.

Thanks muchly!
Life is about learning to dance in the rain
Happy travels!
ImageImage
Nasoosie

Return to General Talk