Bahia Kino Mexico

Talk about anything under the sun! Just remember to be respectful of others.

Bahia Kino Mexico

Postby asirimarco » Thu Dec 18, 2008 7:42 pm

Well we are in Bahia Kino at Kino Bay RV have a big corner space with patio and patio cover. Water, sewer, 50 amps and wi fi - do not have verizon phone service and are working on Direct TV - probably will be working tomorrow when handy man gets back to work. Got through Hermosillo fine because we did a dry run yesterday in the car - thank goodness as there was construction right where the road through town joined the road to Kino Bay. Had to take a couple block detour. Road to Kino is good 1 1/2 lanes for each direction so no trouble passing. Last time we were here the section between old Kino and new Kino was the only bad part - narrow and no shoulders was dreading it. Didn't have to worry about it though it turned out - now there is NO ROAD - it is under construction and you get to go down a VERY NARROW dirt path. The Driver said "No Problem" and off we went at 2 miles per hour. Such fun.
After we got parked we went across the street to the restaurant we found last time Jorge's excellent. Bill has been drooling about huevos rancheros since Vegas. Got to eat them sitting out side on the patio right on the beach. Beautiful. Staying here until at least after New Years. Glad we got out of Vegas when we did.
This is the RV park in Hermosillo - Sonora RV Park just before entering city when coming from the north.
This is the toll road from border to Hermosillo
Just one of the many sights we saw along the road to Kino
The dirt road between old and new Kino
Kino Bay we are around the curve way at the end.
Our view during lunch
Right now it is getting cold out - but tomorrow it is supposed to be warmer than today.
asirimarco

Re: Bahia Kino Mexico

Postby Cedar518 » Thu Dec 18, 2008 8:02 pm

What a great view Carol! Is that an island out there or does the land curve around from where you are? Not so sure I'd have trusted "the Driver" on that dirt road. Looks like it could be tricky, but then, the alternative would be to not go and that is no good either! :lol: keep those pictures coming,... i love them!
Cedar518

Postby Bethers » Thu Dec 18, 2008 11:29 pm

Oh Carol, I so enjoy this trip of yours. Was planning to go down the Baja Peninsula this winter - and with my Alaska trip planned for this coming summer - just couldn't see being able to do both this year. So, please keep posting these pics - as I'm going to live the trip through you now - for when I can get there.

Wonderful location you're in for Christmas!
Beth
“Dare to live the life you have dreamed for yourself. Go forward and make your dreams come true.” ~ Ralph Waldo Emerson ~
"He who treasures the small things in life has found the path to true happiness"
Bethers

Postby Sparkle » Fri Dec 19, 2008 9:01 am

Super photos. We are enjoying your trip. How do you pronounce Kino? Ky-no or Kee-no?
Sparkle

Postby asirimarco » Fri Dec 19, 2008 10:22 am

I pronounce it Kee no It is named after a Spanish priest. In the picture of the palm trees - that is an island out there. Shark Island cause it looks like a fin sticking out of the water. It is protected land.
Beth - the trip into mainland Mexico is much nicer than Baja. Roads are a whole lot better too. We went as far south at Loreto on the Gulf Coast of Baja a couple of years ago. Nice trip, the people with us were going to go all the way to Cabo San Lucas but they turned around too. If you go get another rig or car to go with you. It is pretty desolate in some places. We always felt safe though and the border gurards and police are really nice and helpful.
About the stretch of dirt road - The Driver (who was born and raised in Argentina) just slowed down to about 2 milesph and drove on out. He says that was how he learned to drive -in sand, mud, and crazy traffic so to him it always "no problem.'" I'm the one with the white knuckles. He follows the "law of the biggest" if you are bigger you go first - if he is bigger he goes first. Seems to work.
asirimarco

Postby Liz » Fri Dec 19, 2008 10:22 am

Beautiful spot, Kino. Well worth the effort to get there. I don't blame you for planning to stay awhile...doesn't get any better than that. Thanks for the great pictures.
Liz
https://wheresliz2018.blogspot.com
"Life in the presence of God...is a life to be enjoyed every moment of every day." A. W. Tozer
Liz

Postby Echo » Fri Dec 19, 2008 9:28 pm

Hey Carol?

Yep I think ya vacated Los Vegas just in time. I read where they got 3.6" of snow!

And I read that Washington state is getting too.

And the poor New England states are getting another storm coming in this weekend.

Gooooolllllllyyyyy Geeeeee
Echo
Who is a work camper of 4 seasons,
and now has a truck & travel trailer to live in!
Co-horts: daughter Kelly & 'Shade' the Pom.

Echo

Postby AlmostThere » Sun Dec 21, 2008 1:27 am

Yes, Echo, we have been getting hammered all day! There's about a foot of snow at my house and just 28 mi south in Portland, Or they have shut down the airport! Highway 84 is closed with blowing snow and 8 ft drifts. There has been a man stranded there for 3 hrs and needs his diabetes meds. They also found a family all dead in their car and presume carbon monoxide poisoning. Within the next couple hours freezing rain is coming. Not sure if it will be here that soon as it's 20* out there right now at 10:30 pm.
All church services in the surrounding counties are cancelled for tomorrow.
Stay safe everyone in the path of this coming storm as it travels east!
AlmostThere

Postby Nasoosie » Sun Dec 21, 2008 10:17 am

Oh dear...this worries me as my granddaughter and her family were traveling to Portland yesterday from San Diego. I need to call there as soon as possible. I will hope that my great granddaughter will have them all up early. I need to make sure they are all safe.
Life is about learning to dance in the rain
Happy travels!
ImageImage
Nasoosie

Return to General Talk