Leak!!!!

Talk about anything under the sun! Just remember to be respectful of others.

Leak!!!!

Postby retiredhappy » Thu Dec 11, 2008 9:40 am

I've got a leak. Moved my wastebasket and saw that there was water seeping from under the cabinet under the stove. Looks like its been seeping for a while. Took everything out of the cabiinet and pulled out the piece of wood that the wires, etc run behind and still can't see where its coming in. This morning I'll take the seat off the dinette. My water tank is under there. Also might be coming from where the outside hose connects to the RV. Grrrrrrr!!!! Another call to my RV guy. He must think I have nothing but problems. He was just here the other night to take out my old microwave (it quit) and put in my new one which now needs something around it to hold it in and trim it out which my future SIL is going to do for me. He also tried to fix my door which is still sticking especially when its cold. We finally decided its probably because I'm not absolutely level and the whole door is binding up. Urgggggh!!! I keep reminding myself that there were just as many problems when I was in my house.

Was in the 20's last night and I didn't turn the heat on so the RV was colder inside than my frig. I sleep so nice and warm with both the dogs that its only bad when I have to get up. I jump up, turn the heat on and jump back in bed for a little while. Right now I can't even take a shower cause my hose is frozen. I wrapped it with some foam pipe wrap but apparently didn't help.

Well that's enough of me whining. What next?
Karen West
Baxter, Sophie, & Bailey

retiredhappy

Re: Leak!!!!

Postby Liz » Thu Dec 11, 2008 9:44 am

Yikes..hope a frozen pipe didn't cause your leak. Maybe you should keep your heat on low when it's supposed to be below freezing? Or have your dogs sleep on the pipes? Hope you warm up soon.
Liz
https://wheresliz2018.blogspot.com
"Life in the presence of God...is a life to be enjoyed every moment of every day." A. W. Tozer
Liz

Postby Cedar518 » Thu Dec 11, 2008 10:54 am

I've had leaks that come from connections loosening at the hot water tank exit. Those joints often vibrate loose. I sure hope that's all it is for you. Just check those places and tighten the connections. Good luck!
Cedar518

Postby Getupngo » Thu Dec 11, 2008 11:18 am

I hate to raise the spectre of a roof leak ... but there it is. Water travels along the rig's internal structure and often appears in areas distant from the site of the leak. Hope that's NOT your problem.
Last edited by Getupngo on Thu Dec 11, 2008 2:05 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Janice traveling solo in a 2008 Four Winds Windsport
Navigator: Annie the miniature poodle
2011 Honda CRV toad

Getupngo

Postby islandmomma » Thu Dec 11, 2008 11:25 am

I am trying this again as my post seems to have poofed LOL!

Man can I relate to this, Karen, and I sure hope you find that leak quickly and it is easy to repair!

Are there special Murphy Law rules that apply only to RV's? Sure seems so sometimes. My leak is plugged but the replacement ceiling materials are still being shipped and the repair guy thinks it could still be some weeks until I am back inside!!

Good luck to you. Also, I would think that turning off the water and bumping up the heat a little may be good if a cold snap is coming on. You sure do not want water freezing in new and unusual places...

jan
islandmomma

Location: Vancouver Island, BC is my home base but have been 'on the road' since April 18, 2009

Postby asirimarco » Thu Dec 11, 2008 11:27 am

Hope you find where the leak is coming from. Sometimes the water travels a long way from the source.
Our house sitter called yesterday and told us we have a leak in the roof in our house - luckily it is leaking in the bathtub, not so good it is coming out through a light fixture.
When you think of it all of us really have few problems with our RV - can you imagin what would happen if we put our houses on wheels and shook them down the road at 50 mph for 2000 miles. We'd have a pile of toothpicks. I try to remind myself of that when things go wrong with the RV.
asirimarco

Postby retiredhappy » Thu Dec 11, 2008 2:24 pm

My RV guy Chris came early and found the leak right away. Under the sink where a hose connects to the outside connection was leaking around the connection. A small part and all is well. Chris has been so much the people in the park probably think we have a "thing" going. He said it was a wonder it hadn't leaked before as it only had one of the two "thingys" it was supposed to have. Have a fan blowing under sink to dry everything out. Thank heavens it was so simple. I know what you mean about roof leaks being hard to find. Had a small (1/2 inch) slit in the rubber roofing and it took us forever to find it.
Karen West
Baxter, Sophie, & Bailey

retiredhappy

Postby carold » Thu Dec 11, 2008 3:14 pm

Karen, glad to hear your leak was easily fixed. We had an old, historic home in Tampa and leaks always seemed to appear, especially after a big rain, or if a satellite installer put a hole in the roof during installation of the disc :twisted: hoping our MH treats us nicer. carold
carold

Postby Getupngo » Thu Dec 11, 2008 5:34 pm

Glad "your" guy could find & fix the leak quickly (Hmmm .... maybe he MADE the leak so you'd have to call him back out ... ;) )
Janice traveling solo in a 2008 Four Winds Windsport
Navigator: Annie the miniature poodle
2011 Honda CRV toad

Getupngo

Postby retiredhappy » Thu Dec 11, 2008 6:08 pm

Ummmmm? Couldn't hurt to have a boyfriend who also happened to be an RV repairman IF, and that's a BIG IF, I was in the market. No interest anymore - waaaaay too much work. And besides, its not likely the dogs would give up THEIR bed.
Karen West
Baxter, Sophie, & Bailey

retiredhappy

Postby Bethers » Thu Dec 11, 2008 9:02 pm

Just came in on this now - have a big grin on my face about the dogs not giving up their space. Also am happy because your leak was so easily fixed. So good news.
Beth
“Dare to live the life you have dreamed for yourself. Go forward and make your dreams come true.” ~ Ralph Waldo Emerson ~
"He who treasures the small things in life has found the path to true happiness"
Bethers

Postby Carolinagal » Thu Dec 11, 2008 9:12 pm

I'm grinning along with Beth about the dogs not sharing the bed. Glad your leak was an easy fix. No leak is a good one, hope all dries up quickly for you.

Hope all stays good for awhile. Or you and Chris really will be an item in that park :lol: :lol: :lol:

Stay warm,
Carol
Carolinagal

Postby rvgrammy1953 » Thu Dec 11, 2008 11:17 pm

Glad your leak was minor and easily fixed.....and yes, I believe that Sassy & Buddy would have something to say about an extra person in the RV.... :lol:
ImageImage
Lori, Ernie & Spinner
2012 Open Range Roamer 5er
2008 Toyota Tundra
http://grammyandpapaswildadventure.blogspot.com
rvgrammy1953

Postby Cedar518 » Fri Dec 12, 2008 6:10 am

I'm so glad your leak was easily found and fixed. I have to grin about the dogs not wanting to give up their part of the bed,... even my cat Middy takes half the bed,... usually out of the middle! :lol:
Cedar518

Postby MsBHaven » Sat Dec 13, 2008 7:50 pm

Karen, glad to read that your leak has been fixed. Thank goodness it was something simple. Yep, dogs are sometimes easier to deal with than men. They always love you and don't leave you either.
2013 Thor Chateau Citation Sprinter - 24' 10" - 2 slides

Ms"B"Haven (Margie)

3 Chihuahuas (Buddy, Annie, Maggie)
MsBHaven

Next

Return to General Talk