My litte accident

Talk about anything under the sun! Just remember to be respectful of others.

Re: My litte accident

Postby MsBHaven » Wed Jan 21, 2009 6:54 pm

So glad you didn't get hurt too much and that the scooter is OK. That sure looked like a poor quality of metal. Hope it doesn't cost too much to repair.
2013 Thor Chateau Citation Sprinter - 24' 10" - 2 slides

Ms"B"Haven (Margie)

3 Chihuahuas (Buddy, Annie, Maggie)
MsBHaven

Postby Bethers » Wed Jan 21, 2009 9:56 pm

An update. As of today, it's costing me nothing. Keeping my fingers and toes crossed that she doesn't change her mind, and that they really don't charge her for taking out part of the bumps. They offered (for a price) to take that piece off and into the shop to smooth it out, and she said it's not necessary. This lady next door is a wonderful woman, a great neighbor - and I think it's all over and done.

Now, a reminder, do not try to take shortcuts lol - yeah, right, I'll take others again, but maybe not so close to someone else's rv.
Beth
“Dare to live the life you have dreamed for yourself. Go forward and make your dreams come true.” ~ Ralph Waldo Emerson ~
"He who treasures the small things in life has found the path to true happiness"
Bethers

Postby oliveoil » Wed Jan 21, 2009 10:16 pm

Glad all has worked out well for you!!!!!!!!!
oliveoil

Postby Pooker » Thu Jan 22, 2009 10:49 am

Beth -

I'm so sorry to read about your mishap, but thankfully that's all it is! One of life's little speed bumps. We all have them and we all get mad at ourselves when we cut corners and have something happen.

I liked Karen's idea of putting a large plant in front of the reminder! Glad you and your rolling baby are both okay - that's what is really important here. As for not using her: My Dad used to say, "If it doesn't eat much, why not keep it?" Whenever anyone suggested he get rid of something he would reply, "It doesn't eat much." You will get more chances to enjoy the wind in your face.

Evie
Evie
Southern California
Pooker

Postby Cedar518 » Thu Jan 22, 2009 6:44 pm

Whew!
Cedar518

Postby sharon » Thu Jan 22, 2009 7:58 pm

Beth, repeat this mantra when riding.....whatever I look at, that's where I'll go! Trust me, that's what happens! I've learned from experience that this is the one most important (other than watching the cars on side roads getting ready to play chicken with you) thing you need to remember! If you look at the curb, you'll go into it, if you look at a car, you'll broadside it, if you look at a curve instead of around it, you'll go over the edge! If you look at the exact place you want to end up, that's where you'll go. So sorry for your boo-boo, like everyone said, it could have been so much worse. Glad it seems to have worked out for you repair wise and you and scoot are ok. You really need to get out and ride more to get more comfortable on her. Kind of hard for you to do that with that fast hi-way going into town, tho. Maybe you need to get a Harley? LOL!
Only Irish coffee provides in a single glass all four essential food groups: alcohol, caffeine, sugar and fat.

- Alex Levine

<><>
sharon

Postby Bethers » Thu Jan 22, 2009 8:01 pm

Evie, Such good advice. And I think I'm keeping her - although you never know :)

Sharon - Yep, know about that - however, it wasn't the scoot that did the damage, was my body lol - scoot wasn't running - was WALKING her - stepped down into a plant and it's "saucer" - got myself off balance, had to keep scoot upright (did) - got it setlled, stepped back down, again into plant, and catapulted myself. No other way to explain it - so, now you know just how dangerous I can be LOL
Beth
“Dare to live the life you have dreamed for yourself. Go forward and make your dreams come true.” ~ Ralph Waldo Emerson ~
"He who treasures the small things in life has found the path to true happiness"
Bethers

Postby sharon » Sun Jan 25, 2009 5:51 pm

OK, so on reading how it happened, maybe you better forget about the Harley, bad idea and forget I ever mentioned it. :lol:
Only Irish coffee provides in a single glass all four essential food groups: alcohol, caffeine, sugar and fat.

- Alex Levine

<><>
sharon

Previous

Return to General Talk