It finally happened!

Talk about anything under the sun! Just remember to be respectful of others.

Re: It finally happened!

Postby Sunseeker » Fri Sep 19, 2008 3:23 pm

Dance away, sweetie. You earned it! :D

check with Seeyagal, (Jenny) about the automatic awnings. She just about hung her tethered kitties in hers. :shock:
Sunseeker Jill
also Tommy and furkids Sami and Molly
Image,Image
Sunseeker

Postby SeeyaGal » Fri Sep 19, 2008 4:13 pm

Oooh Yeah......Dan grab the cat!!! The awning begins to wind up and poor Felix is at the end of the tether!! YIKES!! Be aware of automatic awnings ha-ha. Felix had that " for crying out loud what are you doing to me!" look. We have to double check to make sure it DOES NOT automatically wind up!! I will say though I do like it because it only takes a couple seconds to wind it in if the wind kicks up or when you leave your campsite . I never let it be out if I am not there.
Life is not measured by the number of breaths we take, but by the moments that take our breath away
Seeyagal
http://i484.photobucket.com/albums/rr20 ... G_0053.jpg
SeeyaGal

Location: Full-Timers since Aug 2001, on the road, Summer in Washington, Winters Yuma AZ

Postby NakedPupsAndMe » Fri Sep 19, 2008 4:46 pm

Thanks for explaining that!! :shock: I wasn't real sure what almost got rolled up in it??!! :lol: :lol: :lol: Can you set it so it doesn't automatically rollup? I love my flamingo lights & I'd hate for them to get rolled up. I'm glad you saved your kitty!! :D
NakedPupsAndMe

Postby Sunseeker » Fri Sep 19, 2008 5:14 pm

:lol: :lol: That was funny! See, I meant her CAT(S). It was kitties, spelled with a K! :lol: :lol: Sheesh, we didn't even get to the campfire yet! :roll: :lol: :roll: :lol:

I'm laughing so hard right now, my eyes are Squirting!!!!
Sunseeker Jill
also Tommy and furkids Sami and Molly
Image,Image
Sunseeker

Postby Paulette » Fri Sep 19, 2008 7:21 pm

That is the one thing that I don't care for with my automatic awning...that I haven't figured out how to hang lights on it like I could on my other rv. So, my sister got me two strings of rope lights and I lay them on the ground. Not only can I not reach the awning, because it is higher than the manual ones, but I didn't want to take a chance of it rolling up with my dragonfly lights hung. So, I hung the dragonfly lights out on my back deck by the hot tub and I use the rope lights now for camping.
"What lies behind us and what lies before us are tiny matters compared to what lies within us." Ralph Waldo Emerson
Paulette

Postby oregontocal » Fri Sep 19, 2008 9:25 pm

Yeah! Do the dance, bay at the moon, celebrate with a bottle of whatever. Sounds like happy times are here again.
oregontocal

Postby Cedar518 » Sat Sep 20, 2008 7:07 am

Dance, DANCE! and of course make mysterious gestures at their rear bumper as they leave,... haha..... Go grab a beer from the wall and kick back and relax !
Cedar518

Postby Barbzeee » Sat Sep 20, 2008 9:56 am

Micki, you can turn the switch off inside to have it that you roll it up with remote control instead of it on automatic... I've done the lights in the awning.. as I was just thrilled for getting this awning..and I was just a relaxing under it.. when a wind came up and before I could get out of the chair.. them lights were flashing.. most likely sending out an SOS cause they was up and crunch.. LOL So ..I learned quickly back then.. it's a no no.. but Jenny has a set up that she can explain how she hangs her lights.. but I will tell you this.. the advantage for me is I no longer could put my awning up.. since having heart problems so this was the lesser of two evils... but I do miss my old awning.. as I staked mine into the ground and strapped it down .. and it was down for the whole time I parked 6mos in Florida.. unless a hurricane was coming .. it never budged.. just like putting up them dog tents there is a way ..
but when I camp out I have a set up to run lights on the ground on posts.. works for me ..:)

God Bless
Barbzeee and Crew

Just go with the flow !

http://barbzeee.blogspot.com/

Barbzeee

Postby JanJer » Sat Sep 20, 2008 3:05 pm

Couldn't you hang your flamingo lights on the side of the MH with suction cup hooks?

Jan
ImageImage
Roughin' It Smoothly
Jan, Jerry, Roada the Chi and Sass the Cockatiel
JanJer

Previous

Return to General Talk