Hurricane Ike

Talk about anything under the sun! Just remember to be respectful of others.

Re: Hurricane Ike

Postby Echo » Thu Sep 11, 2008 5:52 am

So glad that you have move inland a bit. And like you said all the better to be in the position to show Ike your heels and Peaches tail.

Will keep my fingers crossed that the two of you are in a good place and that you don't really have to move again, even if it does mean not having a good cell signal for posting.

Stay safe Beth and Peaches.
Echo
Who is a work camper of 4 seasons,
and now has a truck & travel trailer to live in!
Co-horts: daughter Kelly & 'Shade' the Pom.

Echo

Postby Cedar518 » Thu Sep 11, 2008 5:56 am

hey my friend,.... glad you are on the move and watching Ike. Please do keep us posted,.... and call Lori and Ernie,... Lori can post here if you can't get a connection. yes, we worry about you.... and all of our sisters here.

I"ll be thinking about you and hoping that this isn't too devastating for those that it does hit....
Cedar518

Postby carold » Thu Sep 11, 2008 7:24 am

Just getting back on and reading posts to try, try, try to catch up. Hope all goes well with you and Ike passes by. (although no one wants it to hit anywhere) Keeping an eye on you both. carold
carold

Postby Bethers » Thu Sep 11, 2008 11:27 am

The way IKE is turning towards Houston, I'll probably not have to move from where I'm at - although I will have winds and rain, won't be what it could be - will decide further about moving tomorrow am.

Lori and Ernie - I have your phone number programmed in my cell phone, so if I can't get online, I'll call - I promise. You still have my number also, right?

This sucker, IKE, is really, really big - going to cut a wide swath and be felt for hundreds of miles. Dang guy just keeps gathering strength and widening his path. I hope that all in his path can prepare and get away - and that death and destruction can be held to a minimum. WIll be praying strongly.
Beth
“Dare to live the life you have dreamed for yourself. Go forward and make your dreams come true.” ~ Ralph Waldo Emerson ~
"He who treasures the small things in life has found the path to true happiness"
Bethers

Postby Bethers » Sat Sep 13, 2008 7:39 pm

Just an update. I'm back at my park, came back today - no problems here because of how Ike turned north. Just finally got hold of my g/f and her family north of Houston. They are all fine, but without power and phones - and only had a very iffy connection on the cell phone. But they are happy because they are fine and their water is good.

I'm going back to work tomorrow - cleaning 3 of the cabins here. Got to spend this afternoon relaxing at the pool and after we cleaned and turned on the whirlpool and got it to temp, sat in it also - that felt good.

Please check in - any of the rest of you that were effected by Ike -
Beth
“Dare to live the life you have dreamed for yourself. Go forward and make your dreams come true.” ~ Ralph Waldo Emerson ~
"He who treasures the small things in life has found the path to true happiness"
Bethers

Postby avalen » Sat Sep 13, 2008 7:43 pm

thanks for the update Beth, and bet that whirlpool felt real good
Somewhere with Ava and Maggie
avalen

Postby rvgrammy1953 » Sat Sep 13, 2008 9:26 pm

Thanks for letting us know you got back "home" safe and sound.... :lol: And I bet you really enjoyed that whirlpool..... :lol: Ernie's asked me about 4 times if you had checked in this afternoon.....I can now report that you have.....He worries about all his harem.... :lol:

Lori
ImageImage
Lori, Ernie & Spinner
2012 Open Range Roamer 5er
2008 Toyota Tundra
http://grammyandpapaswildadventure.blogspot.com
rvgrammy1953

Postby Sparkle » Sat Sep 13, 2008 10:13 pm

I haven't seen the news lately but I heard it hit hard. Be safe Bethers!
Sparkle

Postby Echo » Sat Sep 13, 2008 10:37 pm

Ernie........He worries about all his harem.... :lol:

:lol: :lol: :lol:
Echo

Echo

Postby Sunseeker » Sun Sep 14, 2008 8:08 am

Whew, all's well here. There are lots of branches down in the yard and garbage cans are laying askew all up and down the street. Power is out throughout town, but somehow we are among the lucky few that still have electricity. A limb damaged a section of my backyard privacy fence, and it's good it fell that direction because the house is only a few feet to the right.

The footage out of southern TX is horrible...so much devastation and loss. I'm glad all my sistas are safe today.

Good riddance, Ike.
Sunseeker Jill
also Tommy and furkids Sami and Molly
Image,Image
Sunseeker

Postby Bethers » Sun Sep 14, 2008 1:24 pm

So glad to hear from you, Jill - you got more from Ike than I did. First rain we're getting here is right now!

Hope to hear from the other LA folks - let us know that you're ok.
Beth
Bethers

Postby Echo » Sun Sep 14, 2008 2:16 pm

It's good to know that your doing good too Jill.
It's gonna be quite the chore to get it all cleaned up and things back to running the way they should be.
Echo

Echo

Postby Sunseeker » Sun Sep 14, 2008 3:14 pm

Thanks so much for your concern, ladies. The yard is all cleaned up and the fence repaired. The sun is shining now and it's hard to tell anything even happened less than 24 hours ago! At last I heard, much of the town east of me is still without power.

I hope to hear from Martha and Sharlotte soon, I'm a bit worried about what happened down there.
Sunseeker Jill
also Tommy and furkids Sami and Molly
Image,Image
Sunseeker

Postby avalen » Sun Sep 14, 2008 5:28 pm

I don't know where Sharlotte is but Marslet is in Baton Rouge and last she posted
she had daughter and dog up from New Orleans evac from Gustav
Somewhere with Ava and Maggie
avalen

Previous

Return to General Talk