I'm in Valentine

Talk about anything under the sun! Just remember to be respectful of others.

Re: I'm in Valentine

Postby Liz » Fri Aug 15, 2008 11:13 am

I too start looking for a cg mid afternoon. I stop early so Roe and I can enjoy a hike on a nature trail and relax. I usually get up and going pretty early, stop at points of interest along my way, and try to take advantage of seeing what's to be seen...and there're always surprises. I prefer National Forest or COE campgrounds which are very economical as well as scenic, especially with a parks pass.
Liz
https://wheresliz2018.blogspot.com
"Life in the presence of God...is a life to be enjoyed every moment of every day." A. W. Tozer
Liz

Postby Getupngo » Fri Aug 15, 2008 12:47 pm

Hey Karen, are you back on the road again, or was Valentine your destination?

Acadianmom wrote:Boy I hope I don't get stopped somewhere. In Louisiana, to renew your license they send you a little sticker that you put on your license plate and the paper it comes on is the registration.

Martha, I don't think the troopers in other states care if your LA tags are expired. No revenue in it for them.

BUT, if you look like you're shipping drugs ... well that could be different! :lol:
Last edited by Getupngo on Fri Aug 15, 2008 12:53 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Janice traveling solo in a 2008 Four Winds Windsport
Navigator: Annie the miniature poodle
2011 Honda CRV toad

Getupngo

Postby retiredhappy » Fri Aug 15, 2008 4:57 pm

Margie - I stay where I can get electric for the AC for the dogs. If I can I get only electric, or just water & Electric. My generator is right outside my bedroom window and I just can't sleep with it on. Afraid the fumes could enter bedroom area. If I'm traveling when its cooler and I don't need the AC I often boondock somewhere. Right now I'm at the Wellington Texas City park - full hookups for free and I'm the only one here. I only need to dump every 3rd or 4th day so I do look for full hookups on the 3rd or 4th night. I'm so large its pretty hard for me to just pull in somewhere and keep a low profile for the night.
Karen West
Baxter, Sophie, & Bailey

retiredhappy

Previous

Return to General Talk