Virus?

Talk about anything under the sun! Just remember to be respectful of others.

Re: Virus?

Postby carold » Thu Aug 07, 2008 4:47 pm

I wasn't able to go directly either without putting in my name and password, so I used my favorites-linked to the board index page and don't logout-no problem now. Now Beth, don't spoil this for me by saying I shouldn't do it. :roll: carold
carold

Postby Bethers » Thu Aug 07, 2008 5:07 pm

LOL Carold - I never logout - unfortunately, because I have to log in occasionally as the admin to approve new people, etc, I am constantly having to put in my name and password - and I'm constantly putting the wrong name with the wrong password.

I will not tell you you are doing anything wrong - if it works for you - and doesn't cause trouble for you, your computer or anyone else - to me - it's all GOOD.
Beth
“Dare to live the life you have dreamed for yourself. Go forward and make your dreams come true.” ~ Ralph Waldo Emerson ~
"He who treasures the small things in life has found the path to true happiness"
Bethers

Postby carold » Fri Aug 08, 2008 5:54 am

With all our online accounts, I had to make a list of username and passwords to refer to. Being so intelligent, I put in on the computer-NOW, what the h---is my user name and password for that. :roll: :lol: :lol: :lol: carold
carold

Postby retiredhappy » Fri Aug 08, 2008 8:36 am

If you keep all your passwords in a file on your computer you're gonna regret it someday when your computer crashes which it will. I gave up and bought a little telephone book and put them all the there. Believe me I learned that lesson the hard way. I also put the web addresses in there cause when my computer crashed I couldn't remember all the addresses. Now if I can just remember where the devil I put that little book.
Karen West
Baxter, Sophie, & Bailey

retiredhappy

Postby Bethers » Fri Aug 08, 2008 8:52 am

I have a doc on my computer with my names and p/w's for many sites. I have the p/w in a way that someone else on my computer wouldn't know what they are (well, maybe some of the basic ones that don't matter they could figure out). Remember, if your computer gets hacked or in the wrong hands, those p/w's could get someone into your bank account, etc - so be careful there.

Now, I used to, on occasion, print out this doc. Now I just back it up to an external device occasionally, like I do all the important files on my computer. And I also do a once weekly backup to an online backup service. Haven't ever had to retrieve from them - but hopefully it'll work as it's supposed to if I ever do :)
Beth
“Dare to live the life you have dreamed for yourself. Go forward and make your dreams come true.” ~ Ralph Waldo Emerson ~
"He who treasures the small things in life has found the path to true happiness"
Bethers

Postby Mtntophoundz » Fri Aug 08, 2008 5:33 pm

I am having problems....Not sure if you will see this Bethers. I am having to login every time and then if I try to do something it will ask me to login. Like trying to reply to this post...Its a circle. Login, write post, hit send....be told to login again. Am I doing something wrong?
Mollie
A hubby, 2 skin kids,
Fur-sons Shane & Rascal
It is in the woods we return to reason and faith..... ~Emerson
Mtntophoundz

Postby Bethers » Fri Aug 08, 2008 5:50 pm

Mollie,
I emailed you.
Beth
Bethers

Postby avalen » Sat Aug 09, 2008 8:37 pm

Veda, its an old one alot of used to visit all the time so it doesn't really have
any bearing on this one, its clean, its just that we like to gossip sometimes
and make each other aware of potential dangers.
:lol: women gossip, never :lol:
Somewhere with Ava and Maggie
avalen

Previous

Return to General Talk