With the new eye liner - scary me :)

Talk about anything under the sun! Just remember to be respectful of others.

Re: With the new eye liner - scary me :)

Postby sunshinecruiserTN » Fri Aug 01, 2008 9:30 am

Looks terrific!
Live, Laugh, Love
TN/FL
sunshinecruiserTN

Postby Paulette » Fri Aug 01, 2008 10:10 am

I love the way it looks but I could never have it done...I am too much of a wimp and tend to have weird sensitivities to things...so I don't push the envelope. But wow, it looks great!
"What lies behind us and what lies before us are tiny matters compared to what lies within us." Ralph Waldo Emerson
Paulette

Postby khenrie » Fri Aug 01, 2008 11:01 am

So glad it went well! But, please.... keep those needles away from me! Not that brave, nope.
Choose to be happy!

Kimberly
Wife to Randy, mom and grandma
1999 Four Winds Chateau 31'
Photos from our 2011 Travels http://www.facebook.com/media/set/?set=a.1935970031534.2115989.1010845598&l=5be7ea1322
khenrie

Postby AlmostThere » Fri Aug 01, 2008 3:03 pm

Oh, Beth. Forgot to mention that when the scabs start to dry up you will itch like crazy. Did she give you anything to keep it moist? I think I used A&D ointment. It wasn't the same as the kind you buy in the baby section for diaper rash, though, as it had no smell and was a softer consistency.
AlmostThere

Postby Bethers » Fri Aug 01, 2008 3:07 pm

I'm just intending to use vaseline - as I have dry eyes, and I know that vaseline won't cause me any problems - so let's hope it helps with the itching when it comes :) She did give me an antibiotic ointment that I used for the last couple days, but I'm done with that now.

I'm also beginning to wonder if I really looked that bad before, cuz I'm getting comments left and right - lol - so far, so good.
Beth
“Dare to live the life you have dreamed for yourself. Go forward and make your dreams come true.” ~ Ralph Waldo Emerson ~
"He who treasures the small things in life has found the path to true happiness"
Bethers

Postby Barbzeee » Fri Aug 01, 2008 3:34 pm

Beth, been too long for me to remember about my tattoo..but I do remember having to keep the skin moist as it sure did itch and get a scab....but your eye liner really looks good... I just got an email from a friend I've been writing for maybe 8 years on the internet..and guess what....at age 68 she said.."she was going to get hers done.".and did it yesterday LOL she said, "Now she doesn't have to squint to put on the eye make up " :o

God Bless

Barbzeee and Crew

Just go with the flow !

http://barbzeee.blogspot.com/

Barbzeee

Postby carold » Fri Aug 01, 2008 5:42 pm

Nice job Beth. Didn't know you were doing the bottom also. My friend only did the top. I'll be seeing her's in about a week. I never like pictures of myself closeup. The farther away the better. :lol: :lol: carold
carold

Postby JanJer » Fri Aug 01, 2008 6:34 pm

Looks good Beth!! Can't wait to see the finished product!

Jan
ImageImage
Roughin' It Smoothly
Jan, Jerry, Roada the Chi and Sass the Cockatiel
JanJer

Postby Bethers » Fri Aug 01, 2008 6:46 pm

I considered just the top - but when I would do my makeup the way I like it, I always did top and bottom. I did have her to only 3/4's on the bottom - will decide before I go back if I want to keep it that way or do the full thing. I think I'll keep it - but have several weeks to decide for sure.

Carold - I hate the pic of me closeup - but to show this, I really had to go with that. I feel like, oh my, what a nose LOL
Beth
“Dare to live the life you have dreamed for yourself. Go forward and make your dreams come true.” ~ Ralph Waldo Emerson ~
"He who treasures the small things in life has found the path to true happiness"
Bethers

Postby carold » Sat Aug 02, 2008 6:38 pm

Ok Beth, I'm not talking about noses. My son always calls mine the "ski jump". And I'm never the one laughing. If he weren't a father of 6 I just might have had to take him down. :lol: :lol: :lol: carold
carold

Postby Cedar518 » Sun Aug 03, 2008 1:53 pm

Hey Bethers my friend,.... looking gorgeous!
Cedar518

Postby asirimarco » Wed Sep 17, 2008 1:23 pm

So Beth - how are the sexy eyes doing - with all the weather we never thought to ask again. Still can't get over what they charge for that around here - when she told me the price I guess she saw my mouth drop open so she quickly added That's for both eyes." well duh - does any one ever get just one eye done?
asirimarco

Postby Bethers » Wed Sep 17, 2008 8:57 pm

Hi Carol,
Funny you should post to this today - as today I had my 2nd appointment to go back over my eyes. It was supposed to be last Wed but was cancelled due to Ike.

Anyway, I was thrilled with the first do - but wanted the upper eye just a tad thicker and asked if she could extend the lower liner a bit more towards the corner on this go over. I'm pleased as punch so far - but it'll be a couple weeks before I really can say what I'm looking at is the final result - as this needs to completely heal again. I say a couple weeks, cuz that will be very close, but she says the complete healing process will take a couple months. Just most won't be noticeable anymore.

Oh, and there was really no pain today - unlike how I felt the first time. She used more anesthetic before we started, but I think that I realized today that much of what I felt wasn't really pain - just a weird sensation because of where she was working. I'm back using ice packs tonight to be sure my eyes don't swell up.

Would I do it again - you betcha - I love having it permanently. Would I do it for the prices near you - probably not - but I found these prices agreeable to me.
Beth
Bethers

Postby Sparkle » Thu Sep 18, 2008 9:35 pm

Beth, you never cease to amaze. Did you announce your intentions to do this? I must have missed it. And just roughtly what does it cost. I used to use liquid eyeliner, but recently bought this stupid pencil that you have to sharpen. You know when it needs sharpened when you drag splinters of wood across your upper eyelids. Eeeeek!
Sparkle

Postby carold » Fri Sep 19, 2008 7:03 am

Beth, my friend that I told you about is also very happy and is going back today to have it made a bit wider and maybe the bottom. Her's was very subtle, but defintely perked the eyes and she LOVES not having eyeliner on her face after working out and tennis. carold
carold

PreviousNext

Return to General Talk