More on my Northern California electric bill

Talk about anything under the sun! Just remember to be respectful of others.

Re: More on my Northern California electric bill

Postby monik7 » Sun Sep 15, 2024 10:43 am

Anne, I just had a thought you might want to look into. Several years ago I received some information regarding Ava Community Energy which was offered as a choice within PG&E. Nothing additional was required other than signing up for it. Unfortunately, I can’t remember anything about it other than it seemed to be something worth trying. So I elected to be a part of it. I still receive my monthly bills from PG&E and I’m wondering if Ava may be the reason why my monthly bills are so much lower than yours. I’m sorry I forgot I elected to participate in Ava or I would have mentioned it earlier. It might be worth looking into.
Sandi
Bindi (Maltipoo) and Abby (Shih Tzu/Poodle)

"Without the animals men would die of a great loneliness of the spirit." ~ Chief Seattle
“A dog can change the way you see the world.” ~ Anyone who has a dog
monik7

Postby Cudedog » Sun Sep 15, 2024 12:28 pm

monik7 wrote:Anne, I just had a thought you might want to look into. Several years ago I received some information regarding Ava Community Energy which was offered as a choice within PG&E. Nothing additional was required other than signing up for it. Unfortunately, I can’t remember anything about it other than it seemed to be something worth trying. So I elected to be a part of it. I still receive my monthly bills from PG&E and I’m wondering if Ava may be the reason why my monthly bills are so much lower than yours. I’m sorry I forgot I elected to participate in Ava or I would have mentioned it earlier. It might be worth looking into.
Sandi

Thank you very much, Sandi. I did a quick Google search on Ava Community Energy,
https://avaenergy.org/about-ava/faq/
Really interesting information here! Unfortunately, it appears to only be available in Alameda County.

A bit of a (personal) question, if I might ask? If you are willing to share, it might be interesting to know, for comparison, how much you pay per kwh - peak and off-peak. I'm just asking about your rate, not about how much you use.

I don't know what your bill looks like, but my PG&E bill shows this information on Page 3, "Details of Electric Charges", of my bill.

LOL, I just happened to have my bill sitting here beside my computer. For the period 7/25/2024 - 8/25/2024 my peak billing rate per kwh was $.59089, my off peak billing rate per kwh was $.48789. I also see a "Baseline Credit" of -.09788 per kwh. I'm just now realizing that I need to do some more math on this, because with the "Baseline Credit" it looks like I am not actually paying these states rates per kwh when averaged out.

Thanks again, Sandi. Appreciate the tip about Ava Community Energy.

Anne
The Stone Wind
Hand Made Hammered Copper & Natural Stone Jewelry
https://www.etsy.com/shop/thestonewind/
Cudedog

Postby monik7 » Sun Sep 15, 2024 12:45 pm

Unfortunately I’ve tossed my most-recent billing. Sorry. I will certainly save it when it comes next month and share it with you.
Sandi
Bindi (Maltipoo) and Abby (Shih Tzu/Poodle)

"Without the animals men would die of a great loneliness of the spirit." ~ Chief Seattle
“A dog can change the way you see the world.” ~ Anyone who has a dog
monik7

Postby Cudedog » Sun Sep 15, 2024 1:04 pm

monik7 wrote:Unfortunately I’ve tossed my most-recent billing. Sorry. I will certainly save it when it comes next month and share it with you.
Sandi

Thank you, Sandi. Much appreciated! :D

Ladies, this whole topic is being very informative to me.

Maybe time to branch out a bit?

Another thing that is going on in California is that many of the large insurance companies that insure automobiles and homes are leaving the state due to the high - and increasing - risk of natural disasters here.

It seems I am blasting all of you with fire news every summer. In addition to wildfire, California is also prone to flooding, earthquakes, and damaging windstorms.

Hey, Sue, you might be interested in this one:

State Farm, one of the largest insurers in the state (I have been insured with State Farm for about seventeen years, both my auto policy and my Homeowner's policies) has just requested a 30% rate increase for Homeowner's Insurance :shock:, 36% for condo policies and a 52% increase in Renter's Insurance.
https://www.nbclosangeles.com/news/california-news/state-farm-looking-raise-insurance-rates-california-again-see-how-may-affect-your-policy/3454542/

Further, I just spoke to my State Farm insurance agent, and was told that State Farm will not be writing any new policies in California. Further, I am reading that State Farm will be cancelling (or has already cancelled) 72,000 policies here in California.

When I asked my agent, specifically, if any prospective buyer of my current home could somehow also assume my policy, I was told "no". And that State Farm would not be writing a new policy on my home.

Geez. This is taking things to a whole new level of thinking. How can I sell my home if it can't be insured, or can only be insured at a greatly increased rate?? Hopefully, there are other companies that will insure my home. . .possibly at a greatly inflated rate. But I haven't yet looked into that!!

:| :| :|

Anne
The Stone Wind
Hand Made Hammered Copper & Natural Stone Jewelry
https://www.etsy.com/shop/thestonewind/
Cudedog

Previous

Return to General Talk