Help Mice!

Talk about anything under the sun! Just remember to be respectful of others.

Re: Help Mice!

Postby Cedar518 » Wed Jul 23, 2008 6:38 am

Dang squirrels will eat the wire in the Christmas lights I put on the deck railing,.... and from under the snow they will eat the wire going to the outdoor Christmas tree lights. Wonder if they ever get zapped when they bite into it,.. or are they smart enough to wait until the lights are turned off? Hmmmmm...... :roll:
Cedar518

Postby asirimarco » Wed Jul 23, 2008 8:05 am

gosh now I should be worrying about the squirrels too! this country living is a whole new thing to me. We do have cats but they have the whole concept wrong - one brought a live mouse into the house when my husband opened the door to see what he had. And the other brought a live chipmonk in and dropped it on my bare feet. Don't know who jumped higher me, the cat or the chipmonk when I screamed. Then followed a few moments of chaos as the cat chased the chipmonk and I chased the cat. Finally got it back outside alive, had a mad cat and boy do chipmonks poop a lot when they are scared. So far (been 2 weeks) we have no new mice. Using mothballs, poison, dryer sheets and electronic thingies. Did find a snake in the house basement though.
asirimarco

Postby Gentleladybear » Wed Jul 23, 2008 6:32 pm

Now jumping when a live animal is dropped on your bare feet is truly an America's funniest video moment.

We have an electric dog wire around the yard where the min pins play outside, to keep them from digging out. It sure toasted a squirrel, dog couldn't get him off the fence so he just sat there and barked at it until we came out and found it. But the squirrels tease the dogs, they will walk across the pool screen roof, the dogs can see them and can't get to them. The dogs go crazy barking at them. One hides on a tree on the other side of the chain link and teases the dogs, will let them see him then dart behind the tree. Figure if these squirrels fall in the yard they deserve what they get.

Nan
Nan
Gentleladybear

Previous

Return to General Talk