My litte accident

Talk about anything under the sun! Just remember to be respectful of others.

Re: My litte accident

Postby retiredhappy » Mon Jan 19, 2009 12:23 pm

Glad you and Scoot are okay. That skirting looks like its made of paper to dent that easily. Hope they are nice enough to say "don't worry about it". Looks to me like you could just push out the dents. With me its chocolate that cures anything.
Karen West
Baxter, Sophie, & Bailey

retiredhappy

Postby Bethers » Mon Jan 19, 2009 2:35 pm

As I sit here eating a chocolate hershey kiss - yes it does help :) I don't think this lady is going to make me pay anything at all, but, of course, that could change. I know others will tell her to do otherwise. I agree that it mostly should be able to be pushed out and that's what I'm hoping is done. Hardest part for me now is looking at it everytime I open my door and come and go - it's not nice to have to look your screwups in the face day after day, several times a day :)

Thanks for all your messages - and yes, I thank all my lucky stars that this is all that happened. Still thinking about selling the scoot tho - much as I love her - just don't ride her enough. On the other hand, if I was back in an area like where I was in PA summer of 2006, it would have been used a lot. Thinking, thinking - it hurts to think so much.
Beth
“Dare to live the life you have dreamed for yourself. Go forward and make your dreams come true.” ~ Ralph Waldo Emerson ~
"He who treasures the small things in life has found the path to true happiness"
Bethers

Postby BirdbyBird » Mon Jan 19, 2009 4:21 pm

Remind me...if I am going to get injured, I should be sure to do it around you guys. I know I would heal so much faster. Hope the skirt fix doesn't Hurt $$$$ too much more.

Tina
BirdbyBird

Postby Echo » Mon Jan 19, 2009 5:38 pm

I think I would keep the scoot!

What is it costing you to keep it? Are you making payments on it? I know you have insurance on it of course, and the cost of yearly registration. Unless you are making payments the are really hurting your pockets? The cost of the scooter is a fun and cheap vehicle to have. You wont always be parked like you are and where you are. Just think, even if your parked in a CG for awhile you can use the scoot to go site seeing, to run to the store, to the dancehall, to the bingo hall, you can cruise past the local watering hole to see if you and do a Trudy ( 8-) and pull some guy out of the saloon to take your picture. Oh goodness there's all kinds of things you can do with the scoot and all kinds of places you can go with it.

Get a sexy black leather jacket, tight pants, boots and a large enough Red Hat to fit over your helmet and by dang you would be the talk of the local Red Hat society. LOLOLOLOL
Echo
Who is a work camper of 4 seasons,
and now has a truck & travel trailer to live in!
Co-horts: daughter Kelly & 'Shade' the Pom.

Echo

Postby retiredhappy » Mon Jan 19, 2009 6:11 pm

Beth, move a big plant in front of the dents so you don't have to see them.
Karen West
Baxter, Sophie, & Bailey

retiredhappy

Postby Cedar518 » Mon Jan 19, 2009 7:03 pm

I'm soooooooooo glad you didn't break an ankle or something. So next time they aren't home just crawl under there with a rubber mallet and have at it. ;) Seriously, I sure hope it's not too expensive. Was she nice about it?
Cedar518

Postby carold » Mon Jan 19, 2009 7:26 pm

MMMMmmmm, cake and whip cream! I need to find something to fall into and quick. Glad to hear you and scoot are ok. carold
carold

Postby avalen » Mon Jan 19, 2009 7:51 pm

retiredhappy wrote:Beth, move a big plant in front of the dents so you don't have to see them.

:lol: I like this idea, btw, did you offer your neighbor some chocolate cake and cool whip?
Somewhere with Ava and Maggie
avalen

Postby Mollysmom » Mon Jan 19, 2009 7:54 pm

I'm glad you and Scoot are OK - it's just a little dent. I would think if the person that owns the trailer wants it fixed her insurance or yours would fix it. Heck, my sister caved in the whole fender on the right side of my truck and I've never gotten it fixed - it's just stuff. People are more important.
Mollysmom

Postby oliveoil » Mon Jan 19, 2009 9:32 pm

Ask one of the guys who has lots of tools-if they have a suction thing & it pulls dents out of cars-------just put that suction thing on those dents & they will pop right back out----with no problems!!!!!!!!
We sold our suction thing at one of our auctions-------- but I used that thing a million times---------it is like a big suction cup- & you put it on the dent------ & it pulls it right back out again----simple as pie----------usually an auto supply store sells them--they don't cost much-------- & those dents are nothing----------
I thought you really did something-----------
Now you should have seen some of my pieces of work over the years!!!!!!!!!! :lol:
oliveoil

Postby carold » Tue Jan 20, 2009 2:32 am

OO, that move to Branson has REALLY changed you. Love your new look :lol: :lol: carold
carold

Postby Sparkle » Tue Jan 20, 2009 9:58 am

Nakedpups, (Nekkid) :D I think Beth missed your question. Yes the skirt is part of the RV. The bad thing is it's brand new. The other bad thing is that while the lady who lives there is being nice about it, the rig is actually owned by her son, he bought it for her. So he may have a different attitude. Beth is waiting for the other shoe to drop.
Sparkle

Postby Bethers » Tue Jan 20, 2009 10:10 am

OO, that's what I'm hoping will be done. The skirt, I believe, is fiberglass, and that might not work quite the same. One of the mobile repair services that does warranty work is supposed to look at it today. However, I don't know how much they know about body work- but that's who she's calling. And, yep, in many ways I'm waiting for the other shoe to drop. I've told her I'd pay the deductible on her insurance, but haven't been able to find out what that is yet, either. We'll see what happens.

Amazing how much damage a body in motion can make. The fiberglass part in question is about a foot deep by maybe 12 feet long. Look to be easy to replace if that's what's necessary - just don't want to find out what they'd charge for it and to do it. Hoping for the suction thingie.
Beth
“Dare to live the life you have dreamed for yourself. Go forward and make your dreams come true.” ~ Ralph Waldo Emerson ~
"He who treasures the small things in life has found the path to true happiness"
Bethers

Postby oliveoil » Tue Jan 20, 2009 10:42 am

I hope the suction thingie works also---------I have had to use it on a lot larger things that those little dents!!!!! :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

Carol--------I'm glad you like my new look!!!!!!!!!!!! :P :P :P :P ;)

The move has done wonders for me!!!!! :P :P :P :P
oliveoil

Postby Bethers » Tue Jan 20, 2009 1:25 pm

Stopped home for lunch and someone used something on it - it's somewhat smoothed out. The lady who owns it isn't home so I don't know if she's satisfied by it or not. Hopefully she is. And I don't know what they charged.

Reminder to self- when you want to be klutzy - stay away from other people's things!
Beth
Bethers

PreviousNext

Return to General Talk