Snow at the N. Rim

Talk about anything under the sun! Just remember to be respectful of others.

Snow at the N. Rim

Postby Sparkle » Wed Nov 05, 2008 4:41 pm

Woke up this morning and we had about 4 inches of snow. Bogie the dog thought it was great. Shona the ancient cat thought it was all my fault. Roxie and I took a run out to the Rim, but there was less snow there than at the Lodge. We are in a cold spot here at the Lodge. However we had a nice drive and had to negotiate around a downed tree.
Sparkle

Re: Snow at the N. Rim

Postby asirimarco » Wed Nov 05, 2008 6:39 pm

I think I missed a few posts - this is the North Rim of the Grand Canyon? Thought that was where you were but see you list location as South Dakota.......
Snow seems to be coming early every where this year.
asirimarco

Postby oregontocal » Wed Nov 05, 2008 6:47 pm

Ah, very pretty. We're having a pretty good thunderstorm here in Coffeyville, KS right now. It's been very, very windy all day. Interesting weather.
oregontocal

Postby avalen » Wed Nov 05, 2008 7:12 pm

wow, snow already, no wonder I got cold last night :P
Somewhere with Ava and Maggie
avalen

Postby Echo » Wed Nov 05, 2008 8:53 pm

Holy smokes!!! Get the sled and the dogs out Sparkle!!!! Mush woman, Mush!!! :lol: :lol: :lol:
Echo
Who is a work camper of 4 seasons,
and now has a truck & travel trailer to live in!
Co-horts: daughter Kelly & 'Shade' the Pom.

Echo

Postby Sparkle » Wed Nov 05, 2008 9:09 pm

I need to ask Beth how to change my Profile. I went in once, but couldn't figure it out. At 7.00pm tonight its 18 degrees. It'll get colder before the night is over. I have my propane heater running, an oil filled heater in the bedroom, an electric heater in the living toom and an electric blanket! I run my water at a trickle all night. Can't wait for Port Aransas. 75 degrees last time I looked. I'm working tonight, we have a big log fire roaring up the chimney and two enormous Propane burners, the kind they put in outside dining patios. Our only customers at this time of the year are hunters and they are easy to please.
Sparkle

Postby dpf » Wed Nov 05, 2008 9:41 pm

Shoulda stayed in SD Sparkle! It was 70 today and it's 43 right now...although the first blizzard of the season is suppose to hit tomorrow! :cry:
My mind works like lightning...one brilliant flash and it's gone.
dpf

Postby Sparkle » Thu Nov 06, 2008 5:04 pm

Wild excitement this morning. I thought I had found a Mountain Lion footprint close to my rig. I rushed out and took a photo. However, on closer inspection you'll notice there is no center pad. It turned out to be the two front feet of a rabbit and the back two feet up close to the front ones. Oh well, it was fun while it lasted.
Rapid City, SD is supposed to be getting 18 inches of snow, with 60MPH winds. Got out of there in time. I just hope this snow melts here before I have to leave.
Sparkle

Postby retiredhappy » Thu Nov 06, 2008 8:06 pm

OMG Sparkle, I'm with Echo, mush, mush. When are you heading south? No more ice for you.
Karen West
Baxter, Sophie, & Bailey

retiredhappy

Postby Bethers » Thu Nov 06, 2008 8:54 pm

Hey, Miss Sparkle, what do you want to change? Go to "user control panel" at the top of the window and you should be able to find everything there. But if there's anything you can't find or figure - let me know and I'll give ya a hand :)

And, please, please, be careful if you have to drive out of there in the snow. I want you to get to Port A safe and sound - and it's been hitting 80 most days still.
Beth
“Dare to live the life you have dreamed for yourself. Go forward and make your dreams come true.” ~ Ralph Waldo Emerson ~
"He who treasures the small things in life has found the path to true happiness"
Bethers

Postby Sparkle » Fri Nov 07, 2008 6:34 pm

I forgot to include the photo of the "Mountain Lion" aka Rabbit. The roads are all clear at the moment, as long as it doesn't snow before Monday. Have you seen the weather in South Dakota?? Thank heavens I'm not there now.
Sparkle

Return to General Talk