Not yet.

Talk about anything under the sun! Just remember to be respectful of others.

Not yet.

Postby Sparkle » Tue Oct 28, 2008 4:34 pm

I spent all morning packing and then when I came into work the owners asked Gwen and I if we could stay on until November 8th. The staff went wild last night, it took all my time to get them to serve the customers and stop yelling, throwing things and screaming with laughter. Ellen said she needed some more responsible people around, so Gwen and I are it. Boy, that's going to make us popular...not!
Sparkle

Re: Not yet.

Postby Bethers » Tue Oct 28, 2008 4:38 pm

Sitting here thinking of our Sparkle as responsible - hehehe - just joking - know you are - but I can also imagine you in the middle of the party :)

Hope you get out of there before the snow makes it hard to leave. Don't they close the end of Oct? Guess not. Enjoy - and then get out of Dodge and into a warmer climate.
Beth
“Dare to live the life you have dreamed for yourself. Go forward and make your dreams come true.” ~ Ralph Waldo Emerson ~
"He who treasures the small things in life has found the path to true happiness"
Bethers

Postby retiredhappy » Tue Oct 28, 2008 6:06 pm

Don't you dare get stuck in the snow up there. We do NOT want a repeat of your last drive in bad weather.
Karen West
Baxter, Sophie, & Bailey

retiredhappy

Postby snowball » Tue Oct 28, 2008 9:12 pm

that is right Sparkle be safe and the weather turns you just leave!!
sheila
snowball

Postby oregontocal » Tue Oct 28, 2008 11:32 pm

Where do you go after that?
oregontocal

Postby Echo » Wed Oct 29, 2008 4:36 am

LOL!

Do we have to start saying "Yes Sir, Ma'am or calling you Nanny??!! Sounds like that is what's needed. You'll be doing the Sparkle version of "Nanny 911" out there. Make 'em all take turns on the naughty chair!!! :lol: No chocolate chip cookies for them.

What the heck started them up doing that? Bunch of goof balls.

I too hope ya get out of there before the weather goes all to he77. I don't even want to think about you trying out for the Winter Olympics again. Don't think any of our hearts could handle that again. Be safe.
Echo
Who is a work camper of 4 seasons,
and now has a truck & travel trailer to live in!
Co-horts: daughter Kelly & 'Shade' the Pom.

Echo

Postby Sparkle » Wed Oct 29, 2008 4:34 pm

I'm going to really make myself try to wander slowly. I know I'll end up at Port Aransas, but I always have the urge to go hell for leather when I have a destination. I'll work on that.
I've had to put my stern face on at work, and was told I didn't have a sense of humor! Teenage antics don't much amuse me. When I give a waitress a dinner ticket and they go out and smoke for ten minutes, before even asking the customers if they'd like something to drink, I tend to get irked. Remember this is the place last year when wait staff would show up for work staggering drunk, so things have improved, and it will be a lot tighter next year. The only bad thing about staying on longer (apart from weather concerns) is that now I have to go to the darned Halloween Party. Photos will surely follow.
Sparkle

Postby Echo » Wed Oct 29, 2008 6:54 pm

I really had to laugh when I read your post Sparkle. That is going to be a huge problem for me. I am so use to putting the pedal to the metal and getting the trip done.

It's gonna be a monster learning curve to slow down, take my time and enjoying the trip. My vehicle thinks something is wrong if it isn't going at least 5 or more over the speed limit. Got to learn to put a patch over the hole in the firewall that my foot has worn thru it by jamming that gas. :roll:
Echo
Who is a work camper of 4 seasons,
and now has a truck & travel trailer to live in!
Co-horts: daughter Kelly & 'Shade' the Pom.

Echo

Postby Cedar518 » Wed Oct 29, 2008 7:18 pm

Oh my, isn't diversity wonderful? Now, me,.... I could take a week to drive what you gals drive in a day,.... I'd wander ,.... stop and "camp" .... and then I'd wander some more,... :lol:
Cedar518

Postby snowball » Thu Oct 30, 2008 1:04 am

sparkle and no humor can't be said in the same breath!!
Crack that whip!!!
sheila
snowball

Postby Sunseeker » Thu Oct 30, 2008 2:19 pm

Great idea, Sparkle dear...you can dress for halloween as Creuella (sp.?) DeVille. Seems you already have the reputation...flaunt it! :lol:
Sunseeker Jill
also Tommy and furkids Sami and Molly
Image,Image
Sunseeker

Return to General Talk