Job Interview

Talk about anything under the sun! Just remember to be respectful of others.

Job Interview

Postby oregontocal » Wed Oct 22, 2008 11:20 am

Please cross your fingers, toes, and eyes: I've got an interview Friday morning for the OK Mozart job in Bartlesville.
oregontocal

Re: Job Interview

Postby Sunseeker » Wed Oct 22, 2008 11:47 am

Best of luck to you, Chris. You'll certainly make a great Executive assistant. Looks like Amazon will be soon looking for another employee. :D
Sunseeker Jill
also Tommy and furkids Sami and Molly
Image,Image
Sunseeker

Postby Bethers » Wed Oct 22, 2008 2:19 pm

You bet I will, Chris - Just remember - it's an interview on your side also - make sure you find out everything you need to know - and that you'll like it in person.

Best of luck to you.
Beth
“Dare to live the life you have dreamed for yourself. Go forward and make your dreams come true.” ~ Ralph Waldo Emerson ~
"He who treasures the small things in life has found the path to true happiness"
Bethers

Postby retiredhappy » Wed Oct 22, 2008 4:50 pm

Fingers and toes crossed. Good advise from Beth. Be sure they fit you as well as you fitting them. Good luck.
Karen West
Baxter, Sophie, & Bailey

retiredhappy

Postby MsBHaven » Wed Oct 22, 2008 5:53 pm

Wishing you lots of luck with your interview. Who knows, maybe you'll get the job and the house.
2013 Thor Chateau Citation Sprinter - 24' 10" - 2 slides

Ms"B"Haven (Margie)

3 Chihuahuas (Buddy, Annie, Maggie)
MsBHaven

Postby snowball » Wed Oct 22, 2008 11:50 pm

Chris
good luck with all you do
sheila
snowball

Postby Cedar518 » Thu Oct 23, 2008 5:34 am

That house sounds darling,... and the job sounds interesting,.... go for a "two-fer!" :D
Cedar518

Postby rvgrammy1953 » Thu Oct 23, 2008 6:26 am

Fingers are crossed here, but I know you'll do just fine....
ImageImage
Lori, Ernie & Spinner
2012 Open Range Roamer 5er
2008 Toyota Tundra
http://grammyandpapaswildadventure.blogspot.com
rvgrammy1953

Postby asirimarco » Sun Oct 26, 2008 8:06 am

How do you feel about the interview? I'm sure it went well.
asirimarco

Postby oregontocal » Sun Oct 26, 2008 8:19 am

Thank you for asking. I think it went fine - very informal, low-key. Pay is annual salary, not hourly as it’s much, much busier the closer they get to the actual festival in June. By San Diego standards, it doesn’t sound like a lot. But, there is also a monthly stipend for insurance that can be used with a flexible spending account if desired as well as the non-profit version of a 401K plan. They’re working on offering actual health insurance next year. It sounds like a busy yet fun job, one I’d like to do. If anything, it would allow me to hold off on applying for SS early as well as keep fairly busy. Mostly clerical, but at the end of the interview, he asked me if I’d ever done some outside selling, meaning display advertising for the large, beautiful festival program. Interesting Told him I used to work closely with the display ad staff at the newspaper in Portland, so pretty much had an idea of what would be involved and was willing to try anything. Interesting question, though. Wondering how that came across. They will be making the decision by the end of this coming week.
oregontocal

Postby Bethers » Sun Oct 26, 2008 1:34 pm

Thanks for the update, Chris. I've been wondering, too - but also figured they weren't making a decision on the spot - nor would you necessarily have wanted to have to do that. Hope this all works out for you - sounds like serendipity - everything falling into place for you. How kewl is that?

My fingers, toes and eyes are all still crossed for you :)
Beth
“Dare to live the life you have dreamed for yourself. Go forward and make your dreams come true.” ~ Ralph Waldo Emerson ~
"He who treasures the small things in life has found the path to true happiness"
Bethers

Postby Echo » Sun Oct 26, 2008 2:21 pm

OH! OH! OH!

I've been wondering too? Got fingers and toes crossed here for ya Chris!

The very hardest part is the waiting to see what has been decided? It's murder that puts everything on a sizzly edge. Arrrggghhh :?: :D
Echo
Who is a work camper of 4 seasons,
and now has a truck & travel trailer to live in!
Co-horts: daughter Kelly & 'Shade' the Pom.

Echo

Postby Cedar518 » Sun Oct 26, 2008 2:27 pm

That question at the end of the interview might have given you a real edge over others that they are considering. I hope it goes your way!
Cedar518

Postby oregontocal » Sun Oct 26, 2008 3:01 pm

Thanks, all. The way I look at it is: if I get the job, I'll love it. If not, I've still got Amazon for two months. I can also use that time to get used to Bartlesville in my spare time, such as getting to know people at the church and so forth. Even though there are 38,000 people in the city, people I talked to today consider it a small town in many ways. If nothing else, I can use the time here to explore all the places I've never been before and add the area to my list of spots to eventually settle down, if that's in the cards. And, I can also apply for Social Security early if necessary, especially because I'm eligible for my X-DH's share of his SS since were were married for 20 years, way beyond the required ten. He's a highway engineer and makes pretty good money. So, I might look into that also.
oregontocal

Return to General Talk