Where's Jenny? Eureka CA

Talk about anything under the sun! Just remember to be respectful of others.

Where's Jenny? Eureka CA

Postby SeeyaGal » Fri Oct 10, 2008 12:10 pm

This is the Carson Mansion
This has to be the most written and photographed spectacular Victorian Home built between 1884-1886 for lumber baron William M. Carson. It was designed to keep mill workers & expert craftsmen busy during the slow period in the industry. Since 1950, after it was sold it has become the Ingomar club.

Milton Carson Home AKA The Pink Lady that is across the street from the Carson Mansion AKA Ingomar Club

There are alot of Historical homes in this town, these two above are the most photographed.

We are in Eureka CA at the Elks club, sun is shining and I'm on full hookups so time to catch up on the wash etc...feels so good to have long showers again! :D Heading to Lodi CA tomorrow to the Lighthouse campground next.

Glad we left Winchester Bay yesterday morning, Chuck & Peggy just pulled in to the Elks that were parked next to us there and said Mary called him and said it hailed there in Winchester Bay last night!!
Last edited by SeeyaGal on Fri Oct 10, 2008 12:34 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Life is not measured by the number of breaths we take, but by the moments that take our breath away
Seeyagal
http://i484.photobucket.com/albums/rr20 ... G_0053.jpg
SeeyaGal

Location: Full-Timers since Aug 2001, on the road, Summer in Washington, Winters Yuma AZ

Re: Where's Jenny? Eureka CA

Postby oregontocal » Fri Oct 10, 2008 12:27 pm

I love all those old houses in Eureka, almost as much as I love eating at the Samoa Cookhouse in near by Samoa. Gotta be pretty hungry, though.
oregontocal

Postby SeeyaGal » Fri Oct 10, 2008 12:40 pm

Thanks Chris I was trying to remember that place and thought it was around here...ok we are heading there to eat today! :D
Did not get to go there the last time we came thru, last time we were here it was really stormy, we had major leaks on the ceiling last time!
Life is not measured by the number of breaths we take, but by the moments that take our breath away
Seeyagal
SeeyaGal

Location: Full-Timers since Aug 2001, on the road, Summer in Washington, Winters Yuma AZ

Postby asirimarco » Fri Oct 10, 2008 2:51 pm

that is an absolutely beautiful building. can you just imagine how long it would take to build and the craftsmanship in it. WOW
Pink Lady is pretty too but nothing in comparison.
Your friends Larry and Lorna are here in 1000Trails too.
asirimarco

Postby carold » Fri Oct 10, 2008 3:42 pm

That's a beautiful building, Jenny. It's possible our next trip will be in CA and OR and I love having everyone's ideas, pics and food to sort thru. carold
carold

Postby oregontocal » Fri Oct 10, 2008 4:06 pm

Jenny,

We once made a special trip there one night from Coquille, Oregon because DH and son (and, yes, I also) were going through Samoa Cookhouse withdrawal. It was raining pretty hard, and we picked up two hitchhiking bicyclists along the way. They were young college students here from New York, attending school in Arcata. They introduced us to Prairie Creek Redwoods and the elk there. Couple of hundred miles for dinner, but it was a fun night. Please eat some of their three-bean salad for me.
oregontocal

Postby mtngal » Fri Oct 10, 2008 9:44 pm

Hi Jenny, welcome to California! Your shots of the Victorians are beautiful. I was up that way a couple weeks ago, but only as far as Fort Bragg. The cool weather was wonderful! Tomorrow I will be heading through Lodi too. We are taking a family outing over to the Western Rail Museum near Fairfield on Highway 12. I'll watch for you on the freeway! Safe travels.
Diana
mtngal

Postby rvgrammy1953 » Sat Oct 11, 2008 8:44 am

Love those big old houses.....always wanted to live in one, but I haven't won the lottery lately.....takes lots of $$$ for the keep up ;) :roll:

Thanks for sharing....

Lori
ImageImage
Lori, Ernie & Spinner
2012 Open Range Roamer 5er
2008 Toyota Tundra
http://grammyandpapaswildadventure.blogspot.com
rvgrammy1953

Postby dpf » Sat Oct 11, 2008 9:45 am

That is soooo cool...but look at all those windows. But then I suppose if you can afford to live in something like that you can afford to have someone wash them for you! Dang...I hate to wash windows.
My mind works like lightning...one brilliant flash and it's gone.
dpf

Postby retiredhappy » Sat Oct 11, 2008 9:59 am

Love those old houses but am glad I don't have to do the upkeep.
Karen West
Baxter, Sophie, & Bailey

retiredhappy

Postby SeeyaGal » Sat Oct 11, 2008 10:51 pm

Ok we have arrived at the Lighthouse Resort & Marina in Isleton CA....passed the Railroad Museum, gosh Mtngal if I had known you were there I would have honked the horn!! The parking lot was packed with cars there!! We got to the campground by 3:30 P.M. Our friends Gordan & Laura are here and friends Chuck & Dorathy are coming over tomorrow so party time.

Campground is packed! I guess there is a Bass fish tournament here this weekend...lots of fisherman here!
Our campsite is the pitts but for 3 nights I can live with it. Need to go into Lodi on Tuesday the 14th to have the genny looked at, was not giving us enough quick power like before. I hate our generac generator it is SO noisy!! Need to get the new window awning straps too. Groan...always repairing something :roll:
Seeyagal
SeeyaGal

Return to General Talk