Where's Jenny? Winchester Bay OR

Talk about anything under the sun! Just remember to be respectful of others.

Re: Where's Jenny? Winchester Bay OR

Postby avalen » Sun Oct 05, 2008 9:02 am

what great pictures!! and crabbing looks like something I would really enjoy, wonder
if they do that in San Diego, thats the closest beach to me. I can just taste them
already!!
Somewhere with Ava and Maggie
avalen

Postby SeeyaGal » Sun Oct 05, 2008 10:37 am

I imagine the San Diego area has crabs, crabs like salt water not fresh water. We sure see BIG ones at the market in San Francisco and expensive! We like using the crab traps ( square cages) verus the crab rings. We bought 2 crab traps and had 3 rings. The rings are alot of work because you fling them into the water like a frisbee with bait in a sm net bag or cage and then have to pull them up every 15 minutes quickly. Crabs can easily get out of these, it's better with the cages. Big ones can't get out of the cages unless someone is holding the door open ha-ha....and that happens! Run crabbies RUN!!! :lol:
Sure hope we have better weather today. Some new friends are leaving today and so is our next door neighbors ,the numbers are going down with our group here. We leave on Thur 9th not sure where we are heading...like I have said our plans are written in jello.
Life is not measured by the number of breaths we take, but by the moments that take our breath away
Seeyagal
http://i484.photobucket.com/albums/rr20 ... G_0053.jpg
SeeyaGal

Location: Full-Timers since Aug 2001, on the road, Summer in Washington, Winters Yuma AZ

Postby asirimarco » Sun Oct 05, 2008 5:56 pm

wow - one heck of a storm. know what you mean about the snapping and flapping of the slide awning. next time bring every thing in. a couple minutes of annoyance beats $$ of repairs. I doubt any one would mind. The awning over our big slide had to be cut off when we were in Mexico last time. the rollers got tweaked somehow and it wouldn't roll in. not due to any cause we know of. had it replaced when we got back home.
asirimarco

Postby SeeyaGal » Mon Oct 06, 2008 3:01 pm

Bummer Carol that you lost your awning off the slide. I do wish they made it easier to put those straps on. Last time we lost a strap the side bars had to be taken off and then we realized a dang squirrel had chewed a hole in my awning and when we rolled it out to our horror we found 3 holes all in a line where it had chewed thru it!!! :o :evil: Mr. Squirrel was pissed he could not get to my bird feeders on the window and I kep :o :roll: t thumping the roof to get him off the roof so he chewed a hole in the awning to ger revenge with me!!

Weather is trying to clear, this morning we had heavy fog and mist.....Dan caught 3 more crabs....up to 25 now. Had our crabfest last night and everyone was to make something with crab. Well Dan and I liked the appetizers but we did not like any of the casseroles. I made crab stuffed mushrooms..they went fast!
Life is not measured by the number of breaths we take, but by the moments that take our breath away
Seeyagal
SeeyaGal

Location: Full-Timers since Aug 2001, on the road, Summer in Washington, Winters Yuma AZ

Postby SeeyaGal » Fri Oct 10, 2008 11:35 am

Here is the Photo of Trish and I at Winchester Bay OR. Trish said she had seen the double decker trailers before and her Son designed this one for her. She's been on her own now 4 yrs. When her hubby was alive they also had a quad so she pulled that trailer following behind the motorhome. Trish Boondocks alot because of the length of the motorhome and trailer, she did say getting into campgrounds was not easy. She's a really sweet lady and made it clear "those are MY toys, if any guys are interested they have to have their own toys!" :lol:

We caught a grand total of 44 crabs....freezer is full of Salmon & Crab now!!
Seeyagal
SeeyaGal

Postby oregontocal » Fri Oct 10, 2008 10:16 pm

Jenny,

My friend Steven and I parked our RVs at the Manzano State park outside of Albuquerque for the next two days. He and I met at Life on Wheels in Tucson last year and have become pretty good friends. He's an active member of the WINS group (Wandering Individuals - Singles). We were talking about some of the things he's done with the group and Steve mentioned a woman with a Harley on the front of her rig and the double=decker thing--right away I knew who he was talking about. I showed him the pictures you sent of Trish and - yep, the same person. He said she does a lot of crabbing and fishing. Such a small world sometimes. He was very impressed with her setup.
oregontocal

Postby SeeyaGal » Sat Oct 11, 2008 10:18 pm

Oh Chris, that is so funny that Steven knows Trish! She really is a sweetie and a real boondocker. In fact she hangs out with the R(o)Ving Rods alot and the WIN group and the Boondockers. She left before we did so do not know which way she went. Gotta get her E-mail address put in my puter. Small world indeed.....hang out with the Escapees long enough and you know thousands!
Seeyagal
SeeyaGal

Previous

Return to General Talk