2 AM and raining

Talk about anything under the sun! Just remember to be respectful of others.

2 AM and raining

Postby retiredhappy » Tue Oct 07, 2008 2:29 am

We just had a big thunder storm go through with a lot of heavy rain. I'm up using rolled up towels to sop up the water on my two leaking windows. My RV guy, Chris, finally found a place that makes RV windows. Not sure how much that's going to cost me for two windows but have no choice as it will (if it hasn't already) get into the walls and rot the wood. Don't understand why the windows are only leaking on the driver's side???? Guess I'm not going to get a new awning this year. This coach is only 7 years old so don't understand why the window problem. Argggggh!!!! Well, its stopped raining so I'm going back to bed. The poor dogs can't figure out why I'm up at this hour - they're still in bed.
Karen West
Baxter, Sophie, & Bailey

retiredhappy

Re: 2 AM and raining

Postby Fernie » Tue Oct 07, 2008 6:22 am

That is a bummer for sure. The only time my windows have leaked was during the tornado In Florida a couple years ago. My back window leaked really bad. Fortunately, I had a sleeping bag between the bed and the window and that soaked up most of the water. Of course, I had to go to town and wash the sleeping bag but glad it soaked up the water. The window had never leaked before and hasn't since. They rv guy said it was the air pressure lifting the roof when the tornado went overhead.

We need your rain!! We haven't had any rain in over a month and things were bone dry then. We Might get a little rain tonight. Sure hope so!! Hope you get a good deal on new windows. It is sure the pits you have to replace them.
Handle every stressful situation like a dog..
If you can't eat it or play with it,
Just pee on it and walk away...
Fernie

Postby carold » Tue Oct 07, 2008 6:27 am

Karen, what a bummer about the windows. If you have to be up at 2am, it should be for a fun reason :lol: Maybe you made it to the campfire. Fernie, come to FL, we're having lots of rain. carold
carold

Postby avalen » Tue Oct 07, 2008 7:46 am

that window problem is a bummer for sure, had that happen once during a big
downpour, the water was actually coming in right through the bottom edge where
the window would set in the metal slot. Its just a good thing I was home to sop
it up as it came in. It hasn't happened since.
Somewhere with Ava and Maggie
avalen

Postby Cedar518 » Tue Oct 07, 2008 8:43 am

Ouch,.... water inside where it's not supposed to be is never a good thing. Good luck with those windows. I have some problems when there is rain and a hard wind too. The wind will blow rain in through the hinges area in my a-frame Chalet. That's the only major bad thing about the folding a-frames. A normal rain doesn't bother it at all. I did have a crack in a dome window and my storage box (Chalet is horrible about the storage boxes,...) but i have them sealed now with liquid nails. That stuff is awesome!

I wonder about that being only on the driver side,... did that side face the sun more? perhaps drying out the caulk? A mystery.

Hope you make out ok with the replacements.
Cedar518

Postby Getupngo » Tue Oct 07, 2008 11:00 am

The only time I had "leaking" windows was when I had a roof leak and the walls were so saturated the only place for it to come out was around the windows. Hope you are luckier than that!
Janice traveling solo in a 2008 Four Winds Windsport
Navigator: Annie the miniature poodle
2011 Honda CRV toad

Getupngo

Postby SeeyaGal » Wed Oct 08, 2008 12:16 am

Karen that happened to us and when we went to a rally the tech guys took out the window and discovered that there was no insulation around the window. Got it fixed.

We had a nasty rain storm the other night and have not noticed any "New" water spots. Had Charlie's Service guys on the roof caulking it good and put all new P molding around the slides in May. No water got in this time....whew! I still have stains on the bedroom ceiling that I have to spray with bleach. Tried one time but did not get it all out from prior leaks.

Hope you get rid of the leaks soon.
Life is not measured by the number of breaths we take, but by the moments that take our breath away
Seeyagal
http://i484.photobucket.com/albums/rr20 ... G_0053.jpg
SeeyaGal

Location: Full-Timers since Aug 2001, on the road, Summer in Washington, Winters Yuma AZ

Postby retiredhappy » Wed Oct 08, 2008 9:14 am

I have a cloth ceiling, kind of like carpet. Got a water stain and used Resolve to get rid of it. Worked great.
Karen West
Baxter, Sophie, & Bailey

retiredhappy

Return to General Talk